42 - Clover Camaro - DOV1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NXS20 Mod Thread [Released]

JMurrayMO81

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I am a content provider as well, and although I mainly do bases, I do see similarities with what mod makers deal with. There's seems to be too many in this community who only care about getting what they want and not showing respect in return.

The way I see it is this is a job but it's not. There's no salary for doing this stuff, only donations. So if you're not being asked to pay for something and getting it for free, the least you can do as payment is to show respect.

But that's the thing. There's no content creator in the community that I know of that is rich enough not to have a regular job. And there's not enough money coming in from donations to stay at home and make content. You can put in long hours at your job that you get paid for and then come home and spend more time working on making content.

I've felt the burnout syndrome and it's a tough thing to work through and get past. It doesn't help then when people are being impatient expecting this and that, making you feel like you're working a job rather then doing something cause you want to.

So yes, it's okay to be excited for something after seeing some pics and getting some information. But it's important for us as the people that this is being made for to do our part as well. And that's not to be forcing a deadline, be demanding this or that, and instead let them work on it when they want to. I'd much rather wait for months for something knowing that the content makers still have time to live a life and spend time with their families. My joy shouldn't come from others giving up all theirs.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Everett, Jeremy, you two are putting this in a more polite manner than I think I can muster right about now. lol
Just because you're not an admin anymore, doesn't mean you can't tell people how ya really feel,lol.

@racestarstud @thedude1987 you are officially the PR team for the mod!
@Gorflump I think it would be best for you to just wait and see. I've made it crystal clear that this mod may never get done. So, if you see any sort of update, I would just thank your lucky stars that you got one.

That being said, I've started the Ford template. And now that I think about it, @Gorflump you've now seen the new Ford and Toyota all rendered up. There was a day no one saw anything until it was release time for the mod.

An argument could be made that we've gotten soft and spoiled ya in our old age,lol.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Everett, Jeremy, you two are putting this in a more polite manner than I think I can muster right about now. lol
Thanks Jack... thats the customer service side in me coming out or the kind car salesman while I let my boss be the asshole... LOL

@racestarstud @thedude1987 you are officially the PR team for the mod!
Whats the ROP and do we receive benefits? LOL

I dont know how many times I see people post this shit and it pisses me off. Jeremy works his ass off over at MSD just to have idiots come in and say this is wrong or i need this, etc etc etc (I'm an admin/provider for the site too). People need to realize that we don't deserve this, a 17 year old game should not be receiving the treatment that it has and we get spoiled when @MattyO , @Smoke OR @Rogue @garrett1127 and @Carbine M1A1 (with renders), @DaveO with the ModSquad site, and any other mod maker, content provider, etc give us new play toys. So my advice to anyone else who wants to ask when, where, what, how, etc... shut the hell up, wait for a god damn update, and be happy and dont feel like you're fucking entitled and deserve it!

JMurrayMO81

SRD Member
Reaction score
I think of it this way. If I can’t do it or aren’t willing to do it then I got no right to expect those who will to do it on my terms.

There’s always those jobs that no one wants to do but they have to be done. Like the person cleaning the bathrooms at a store or a fast food worker, there’s a lot of jobs out there where the employees don’t get the respect they deserve and the people who are showing disrespect wouldn’t last a day doing it.

Now I’m not saying mod making is exactly like that. But without those making the mods NR2003 would long be dead. Heck, just the fact that it’s still going in the age of iRacing says something about those still contributing.

So instead of demanding this or that, what we need to be saying is words of encouragement, especially these two - thank you.

Unfortunately that’s something that’s not being taught enough in this day and age and it’s very frustrating. But there’s also strength in numbers, which is why I say it’s important so for people to speak up with the words of encouragement.

JasonRSC

Former SRD Crew Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt, I respect the hell out of you for all that you're doing to keep this game alive and going, with this website in general and the NXS mods that we started out with back in 2011. My schedule doesn't allow for much but if there's anything you need from me, you should still have my email!

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Jaw dropping!!! WOW.. you guys are just knocking it out of the park..

Thanks for sharing the update.

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't mind showing updates I just don't think about it a lot. These are just stickers I have thrown on here so don't think its the final template because its not.
@Smoke OR & @MattyO ,

Listen, firstly I didn't make the other post as some ruse or to make it sound disrespectful...far from it!
I am new here and do not know the history you guys have in terms of the mods you create; and moreover the sometimes 'hassle' you've received from the community wanting everything as quickly as possible!...You'll have to forgive me on that one I hope;)

As for what I asked for, well again I am new here and had no idea how you guys go about your business...I apologise.

All I am saying is that I hope you and the team don't let this (NXS19) mod go to waste or put on the back burner, when it appears clear you're near to the finishing line.
You have no idea how much I appreciate your work; and as I've stated before, the NXS17 mod is in my opinion THE best mod for NR2K3! - And it's by far and away the only mod I use! It's awesome!!!

So if the NXS19 mod is on the same level, then it's going to be the ONLY next mod I'll be using (if you release it of course) ;)

So in essence, if I've offended or been an annoyance for any reason then please, accept my sincerest apologies.

Lastly...

That bloody Mustang looks the dogs ********! LOL

Keep up the fabulous work guys! ;)

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
SRD Member
Reaction score
@Smoke OR & @MattyO ,

Listen, firstly I didn't make the other post as some ruse or to make it sound disrespectful...far from it!
I am new here and do not know the history you guys have in terms of the mods you create; and moreover the sometimes 'hassle' you've received from the community wanting everything as quickly as possible!...You'll have to forgive me on that one I hope;)

As for what I asked for, well again I am new here and had no idea how you guys go about your business...I apologise.

All I am saying is that I hope you and the team don't let this (NXS19) mod go to waste or put on the back burner, when it appears clear you're near to the finishing line.
You have no idea how much I appreciate your work; and as I've stated before, the NXS17 mod is in my opinion THE best mod for NR2K3! - And it's by far and away the only mod I use! It's awesome!!!

So if the NXS19 mod is on the same level, then it's going to be the ONLY next mod I'll be using (if you release it of course) ;)

So in essence, if I've offended or been an annoyance for any reason then please, accept my sincerest apologies.

Lastly...

Don't worry man all is good.

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
I can tell you asking how its coming along, when it'll be released, etc will cause them to either delay it or not even produce it. When @MattyO has an update or wants to share he will... trust me been around here for almost 15 years ;-)
I've already made a new post explaining the comments I made; and I appreciate and understand your comments.

However, if you take a view of the post I made, I merely asked how the work on the Supra was coming along?...
Nowhere in my post specifically asks when the mod is/will be released.

Additionally, I also asked if it was at all possible for a few renders; maybe I must've over-stepped the mark there!

So, as I've already stated, I hadn't asked when the release will be, I just asked about the Supra and it's progress...not meaning the mod as a whole.

Thanks for the insight though ;)

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Looks can be deceiving, mod creation is a lot more than the visuals in a render scene.
Ha! I just wish people that complain about XYZ mod could understand what sort of effort it takes to make XYZ mod.

The amount of effort you put into your mod @Mystical is astounding! I am not a fan of the way the models particularly look myself, but that's miniscule considering the effort you put into your mod. I can tell you didn't miss a square inch of customizing your mod to your liking. Simply amazing work dude. Just amazing. You definitely have a fan over here and have earned a tremendous amount of respect from this old geezer.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
@Smoke OR & @MattyO ,

Lastly...

Don't sweat it. You're new around here and clearly aren't used to the way things used to be. I don't mind people asking for updates. The problem lies with once you entertain one person's desire for an update, it's like opening the floodgates for everyone asking. And it gets old quick.

It's all good, just be aware that it gets extremely annoying asking for frequent updates. For me it does at least.
Anyhow, here's what I've done with the shading of the hood and nose of the mustang so far. Not done yet, but pretty close.
fordnose.png