1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Official Drivers List

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Fisha695, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

That is NOT how adaptive ai works, look at NR2k3, you can have adaptive ai on and specific drivers will always be better than others.

That's just silly, they had to ADD the ai control to your vehicle, assuming you can just launch yourself into pit road and get a black flag for speeding on entry (which is definitely possible on tracks with parallel pit roads), then there should be absolutely no reason for it not to be available in the first release. Pit road auto-pilot should be optional from the beginning.

You left out the fact that users can't talk to a live crew chief, so the game has no freaking idea if you're tight or not [and especially not to the degree that you are tight or loose], the game creators really don't have a choice in that regard. IIRC, the driver and chief sometimes discuss whether to try to stretch out fuel, take two or more tires, etc.) Allowing the user to decide for themselves is currently the best answer.

Which is why the lesser of two evils is chosen.

See the above.

Random Shoulder button: Bring up mini pit menu overlay that has four pages: (1. tires 2. fuel 3. wedge/adjustments 4. damage repair) scroll to the page to the left (damage repair < tires)
    Random Shoulder button 2: Bring up mini pet menu overlay, scroll to the page to the right (damage repair > tires)
    Press random shoulder buttons 1 and 2 at the same time: Remove pit menu overlay from the screen
    D-Pad: Scroll through menus by going up and down, switching values with left and right.

Done in three. There's even room between the tachometer and scoring system for it on-screen.

I'm pretty sure there are ones you won't find, like Budweiser.

There IS a difference between patience and efficiency, you know. If I have to slave over months to get a car to look like another that could be done in a few weeks, it's obviously better to use the latter if the quality comes out the same, ESPECIALLY since you can't transfer logos you made to other people, forcing them to waste their times recreating something that another person is unable to give them because of something out of their control, even if it would have worked perfectly.

This came from the footage of an episode that aired THIS MONTH, two months before release
    By the way, it's not an alpha build, it's a beta, you can tell because fans have been trying it out for several weeks already.

If that's true, then it should have been done already, especially if they can modify the aggression settings when it ISN'T in adaptive mode, which has to be a heck of a lot harder to code than a simple speed tweak. (Heck, the programming in Papyrus pretty much just uses a random number for the speeds, but ensures that it's in the car file's lower and higher limits for a given stat. The way that works, of course, is more complex than that, but it's pretty well ingrained into how the AI works anyway, just with slightly different speeds.)

We're idiots because we're comparing something to another item in the same genera? What are we supposed to compare it to?

It was the first NASCAR game that wasn't centered around one licensed driver and a million fictionals, they wouldn't have been able to get anything close to full support.

Look lower on the page.

The coding wasn't capable of processing all of the cars, we're talking about a game that came out before the WINDOWS 95, you know. On bigger tracks like Michigan and Watkins Glen, it could run more cars because it wouldn't have to process them all on the screen at the same time, Bristol and Richmond are tracks that constantly have large amounts of cars in close proximity to each other, so the developers had no choice but to reduce the amount of cars in that race so that computers would be able to handle the game. Talladega did not have strong drafting capabilities in that game, so they were able to get the max [39] on the track due to the size.

1) The Playstation couldn't handle more than 16-20 cars because of it's processing because the models were different
    2) It came out two years later than the original did.
    3) If you even looked up NASCAR Racing PS1, you'd know that, unlike it's predecessor which was based on the 1994 season, it's designed for the 1996 season, it even says so on the box:

[​IMG]

4) It was NASCAR Racing 2 marketed as NASCAR Racing. Yes, it did come out before NR2, but it was by less than two months, and was, in effect, a later build of the PS version. They both use the same paint scheme references and were most certainly developed parallel with each other.

This was not because they wanted to. Sega had the license for Daytona for their Daytona USA series (until 2001), and Indianapolis' rights were apparently not obtainable from 1994 onward, as the only Papyrus game before then that had Indianapolis was in 1993, and that required an add on. I think it had to do with EA Sports and a second company, because there is no other plausible reason that the first time it was available from the start was NASCAR Racing 4, even NR1999 doesn't have it.

Are you really going after games that are that old? Really?

See the above for why Daytona wasn't available. They most likely acquired the rights to Indy in 1998 as soon as it was available, shutting out Papyrus for several years.

There weren't any fantasy drivers . . . . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKY-Ng9dP8"]YouTube - NASCAR 98[/ame]

And I don't see what is the problem with having legends, it's not like they're racing all the time, they aren't available from the start and you can simply remove the memory card before playing if you don't want to see them.

The horror!

How is this an issue? Bob Jenkins was one of my favorites commentators, right up there with Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett. It's not like there wasn't any communication with your crew chief.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    7 people like this.
  2. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 That Red GNS Car dude.

Award for longest post EVER!!!! lol

3. SpeedEnergy

SpeedEnergy Well-Known Member

Is there really a need for a post that big?

4. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

Is there a need for you to hug this game's nut when you haven't even sniffed it yet?

5 people like this.
  5. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

You Win. Everything.

4 people like this.
  6. SpeedEnergy

It's been confirmed, here is Logano's two schemes for the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I have to say that was the most well thought out post I've seen in a while w/o flaming....

5 people like this.
  8. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Wow...they couldn't even get Logano's scheme right...what the heck is up with the brown?

9. PepsiRacer4

Ikr?

10. SpeedEnergy

That doesn't mean it'll be that way in the game, this scheme was revealed a while ago.

11. wslates

wslates 1

Is there really a need for a multiple page flamewar?

It's a GAME! That hasn't even came out yet. Alright I get it, some of you think this game is going to be crap while others think this is going to be gold, so why waste your time just kicking down the game? I understand some of you are just making comments, but analyzing every fricken' part of the game is just pathetic. The game was obviously not made for sim racing. No game ever will. They aren't going to make a game to please sim racers, when they can make much more money making the game easy and unrealistic and be able to sell 5x as many copies to the average ten year old down the street. It's common business sense. Offer to the larger and widest demographic. If the ten year old down the street bought the full sim game, chances are he's going to get frustrated with the game, yell and scream, and never buy a game from them again. So please, stop with all the flamewars, they're pointless at this point.

7 people like this.
  12. PepsiRacer4

How am I flaming. He's defending a game he's never played, never experienced, and he's claming that it's the best game ever. I honestly in most cases could care less but when you always see him defend something he's never played it gets annoying.

1 person likes this.
  13. SpeedEnergy

Is that all you do is go after me? Can we just stop with this flaming please?:twisted:

14. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

Quit treating a game that hasn't come out like gold and you won't be flamed. Plain and simple.

15. SpeedEnergy

I counted up 73 cars in the game, I though there were supposed to be 110-120, can somebody help please?
    Number of liveries in the game per driver:
    00-3
    00a-1
    1-2
    2-1
    5-3
    6-1
    07-1
    7-1
    7a-1
    9-1
    11-4
    12-1
    13-1
    14-2
    16-1
    17-1
    18-3
    19-4
    20-2
    21-1
    24-3
    29-3
    31-2
    33-4
    34-1
    38-1
    39-3
    42-1
    43-3
    47-3
    48-2
    51-1
    51a-1
    56-2
    71-1
    77-1
    82-1
    83-1
    88-2
    98-1
    99-1

16. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

All of you be quiet. You are equally annoying at this point. Combating someone on one extreme end of the spectrum by being on the other extreme, makes you just as bad.

If he really bothers you so much, just don't read the NTG threads. Plain and Simple.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  17. Talkingheads77

Talkingheads77 Well-Known Member

Josh Mertz has gotten Banned from every forum I've seen him in.

18. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson I'm just better than you.

So i take it no one read Matt O's Warning on the "updating the game" thread?

19. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

*Gasp* another level headed adult progressing the thread in the right direction.

Nah just kidding, more petty childishness!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    5 people like this.
  20. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Cut the crap guys...seriously. Talk about the topic at hand, or don't bother posting in the topic at all.

14 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.