Downloads
Updated

Paint Schemes that Never Were

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah no idea what happened there.

July Daytona: He's our guy and we're committed with him for next year!

The fact that they just straight up didn't even bother to show up with a different driver is odd.

Ajwehr

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Uh no doesn't count cause it was on track for practice and qualifying. Plus it is running at Talladega and Daytona later this year. Good try

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
Uh no doesn't count cause it was on track for practice and qualifying. Plus it is running at Talladega and Daytona later this year. Good try
Yeah forgot about the other two races. But I thought it counted because it never ran in the actual race.

dyerseve

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's a case of someone wanting to be first at something....

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
This was posted over on Rubbins-Racin... have no idea what the story is behind this car. Looks like a 2001 Ganassi showcar.

View attachment 135026
I don't really know the story either, but I would point out that the scheme is combination of the #01 and the #40 CGR cars from 2000, the year before Dodge started (or restarted) in NASCAR cup. That also looks like an earlier version of the dodge showcar being shown in mid 2000, so I would assume that this is the announcement that CGR would switch to Dodge for 2001.

DiShCo49

SRD Member
Reaction score
This was posted over on Rubbins-Racin... have no idea what the story is behind this car. Looks like a 2001 Ganassi showcar.

View attachment 135026
To back up mtblillie, this is from the announcement that the newly formed CGRWFS would switch to Dodge. Bellsouth was originally going to be the sponsor on the #01, but they ended up deciding to showcase the new Cingular Wireless brand.