1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Painting for dummies

Discussion in 'SRD Suggestion Box' started by Franco Fabiani, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Franco Fabiani

Franco Fabiani New Member

Hallo everyone from Roma (Italia).
    About ten years ago I left Nascar 2003 on the shelf, 'cauz I was tired to sim-run in 2008 with old cars, old pilots and old tracks...
    Only now I've discovered you can mod that wonderful game.
    I downlaoded most recent mods and I enjoy them. But I have got a problem: how can I edit, customize and personalize the car I like to run offline? Is there one or more tutorial where I can learn that?
    Thx a lot.
    FraF©

2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Yes you can definitely edit and customize cars for your use. It will require downloading the templates for whichever mod you want to paint for, and creating your scheme in an external painting program like Gimp or Photoshop, then importing it into the game.

You can find some tutorials to paint both here and on YouTube, as well as how to get them into the game.

Bitbreaker likes this.