Updated

Part of my goal for the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last month I set out a goal of at lest learning how to make my own numbers. I got tired of stretching 1024 numbers for a 2048 a template. They always looked fuzzy. So I took a set from masgraphics that I always use. I traced the inside of the number and added the strokes. I know its not that good. I am still learning Illustrator. But at least I am one step closer to saying every thing on the cars I paint are mine. I will never make a template. So I will always give credit there.
But here is the number. I do plan on making 0-9 in case I chose to change my number.

Highbank

Trans Am Car Set Creator
SRD Member
Reaction score
Good for you! It's great to see someone putting more arrows in their quiver!

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yea I iam good with the pen tool on photoshop. For some reason when I move a anchor in Illustrator it jumps around. Thanks sage for some reading. I will book mark it.

Sage

Cranky Old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
tipptruck,

Try using less anchor points. When going straight-to-curve-to-straight you really don't need more than 2 (one at the beginning of the curve and one at the end)...maybe 3 at most. That should give you a much smoother transition.

As an example of what I'm trying to say see the attached.

Attachments

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
thanks again sage. I will post some reworks later today.

Well he is some thing I redid. Thanks again sage for the tips. I am still learning but I don't think this is bad.

Last edited:

Sage

Cranky Old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now that looks a whole bunch better. Nice work!
The only thing wrong that I can see is that you've got the outlines inside the 'bowl' (that's the open center part of the 9) backwards (black in, green out as opposed to the other way around) and the sizing looks a bit off.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks sage. That was a practice round. I don't think I even saved it before I closed the porgram. But yea it is off on the inside. I am working on making a compleate set of numbers for my self. I will post a two diget number later tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.