1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Problems with ROVAL 2018 even with the patch.

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by canadienhits, Aug 16, 2019.

1. fortine_oo

fortine_oo Well-Known Member

You posted while I was composing my answer to D0rant.
    I rest my case.

I don't think those ratings deliver the best or desired results, IMHO. I think slotting in the real drivers names into GurtonBuster's levels would likely achieve more realistic (season) results , even if they didn't exactly end up with the actual week to week winner.

2. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

The problem is the program. GurtonBuster's formula is not in NRatings.

3. fortine_oo

4. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

So, I have 7 simulations going on, and there could be 3-7 of those running in any given week. So instead of me using NRatings, which uses real life data from Racing Reference, you suggest I do this, every week, for 40 some weeks a year.

Thank you for your suggestion.

D0rant likes this.
  5. fortine_oo

;)

6. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Yep. Sorry, I meant the papy_ai.ini, anyway there are lines in there that help the field to spread out quicker. And yes ideally you would have to have 3-4 different papy_ai files because what would help for AI to (for example) avoid wrecks more efficiently at SuperSpeedways and have them run closer together, wouldn't work at a short track etc. But not tweaking papy_ai to your liking is like tying back your hands for no reason, it can absolutely be useful. It just takes trial and error.