1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Project CARS! (General Questions)

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by SwiftyOne, May 17, 2012.

1. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

Kinda bummed hearing I might not be able to play this on my Wii U. Probably the worst news I've heard in a long time seeing as I had long planned to buy the game for Wii U and put off buying it on PC because I wanted to wait until I could experience both console and PC.

Not giving up hope yet. I hope SMS will be able to get the Wii U version up to pace. Honestly if they have to patch it several times it's not going to bother me. What will bother me is if it's cancelled. The Wii U needs desperately a decent racing game because currently it lacks that severely.

If I have to buy it solely on PC it'll be a pretty substantial burden on me, but I'll do it because I'm itching to play pCars.

SwiftyOne and Highbank like this.
  2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

I buy my games in the PC format for one simple reason: A PC stays a PC, I can update it forever. PLUS I can always dig into the game files to see what makes it tick. PLUS all my games are right here in my PC, one place (well, plus the back up drive)

The other big reason, just what you're dealing with Rob, no release for Wii U. Or other older platforms as well.

The PC's will always shame console performance. Why have less when you can have more?

SwiftyOne likes this.
  3. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

I can understand the burden of a Desktop PC vs Wii U or even Consoles....Consoles fit nicely under a TV in a cabinet, Wii U, can go where you go, play it put it down.....Just having space for a large gaming PC, and then a wheel, (and Like I have) 3x27" Monitors, is a big burden by anyones standard...But the immersion factor does it for me on PC (not saying you can't get that on Consoles or Wii U) But I do understand where you coming from Frigus5 :) Hope SMS will have it sorted ether way soon ;)

Highbank likes this.
  4. MillsLayne

MillsLayne "Balls and strikes."

I finally tried out Bathurst last night with the Group 5's and forgot how difficult that track can be with some of the elevation changes, plus the G5's unpredictability on acceleration.

5. Highbank

Car painting has my wheel sitting on the floor beside my desk...must get my painting list emptied before I lose my mind driving ...sigh....:eek:

neiana and SwiftyOne like this.
  6. SwiftyOne

Highbank likes this.
  7. Highbank

Some of those older articles underneath that one are pretty interesting as well...

SwiftyOne likes this.
  8. SwiftyOne

9. SwiftyOne

My last post in here, left a sad taste to a thread that needs a quick pick me up ;) Just thought this review at Auto Talk, will make you smile, just like it did me :) http://www.autotalk.com/autotalk-review-project-cars-27617/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Highbank likes this.
  10. MillsLayne

MillsLayne "Balls and strikes."

Can't disagree with that! Having a solid drive in a race feels so much more rewarding than I've felt in past games. Minus NR2003, of course.

11. Highbank

Eh Swifty, not your fault the Wii U isn't up to Project Cars, NX will no doubt be in the mix for the next round...meanwhile...

Great review of the game, although I don't get to spend as much time actually driving these sims/games and I have them all, painting takes most of my time, with that said...

The time I've spent driving PC has been great, now I hate driving my current career car (Renault Clio) I should mention that I chose it, I didn't have to start there but I did...ugh!:rolleyes: Anyway I can jump into any car at any level and restart there if I want to, but I'm determined to see it through, I broke the top 10 in my last race, so I guess I'm making friends with the Clio.

So when I'm not trying to run my career, I've raced several of the other cars and every last time I've been so completely blown away that I feel short of breath! This sim is so solid, I've found some favorite cars so far, but I haven't begun to test drive all of them. AND then there are the 100 track configurations...it's endless!

If you haven't grabbed this thing yet, you're missing the state of the art and even if you can't run it maxed out, it's amazing with things at lower settings.

JUST GET IT!:cool:

SwiftyOne likes this.
  12. SwiftyOne

NR2003 I love with great passion, I don't ever thing I've had it uninstalled for more that 4 months, since I owed it(2008/09 I think?)

Yeah! I know it's not my fault, but still, it's nice to have left a thread on a high note :) That review, I think is a fair and honest review, just as it should be, with a great ending that made me all warm and fuzzy inside :D
    I don't think I've made friends with the Clio just yet, it's still a girly car with my name on :p But there is another car with also my name on that I drive a lot, and love ;)

I keep saying you need a racing rig, and a desk, to enjoy them both(painting and racing)
    I'm thinking, I might try again, to understand painting up a car, I might start with NR2003 it looks easier than pCARS, to start with... :eek:

Highbank likes this.
  13. Highbank

Oh Clio why do you hurt me so! It just is so hard to get that "lil' girl" to be smooth. I need to put in more time learning those British tracks too...I just don't know them and keep making major mistakes...

Racin' Rig...Ya Ya, could happen, it would mean less golf for sure...LOL

YES, get your virtual brush wet, paint yourself a car it changes how you view things! NR2003 may be easier, but once you get comfortable with a template it's all the same...

SwiftyOne likes this.
  14. SwiftyOne

I've not yet managed to get the virtual brush wet yet....Chris my youngest of four boys (19)and last or next, to fly the nest...Gonna be doing that (Flying away) in three weeks, mum (Julie)is a wreck, like my mum was, all them years ago...Go forth and prosper my Son (as her hand hits the back of my head) "You want him to go don't char?" she said...Eer! Yes!! :rolleyes: Locked out the house now :confused:

Highbank likes this.
  15. SwiftyOne

Highbank likes this.
  16. Highbank

Get it, get it, get it, get it while it's at discounted pricing! Just get it! It's amazing!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  17. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

49.99 is 40% off?

18. Benjamin Fruth

Benjamin Fruth Well-Known Member

Nope; you just missed the party. :(

SwiftyOne likes this.
  19. Highbank

That sounds like full price to me, maybe you missed the sale? Not sure...

SwiftyOne likes this.
  20. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

I was just looking not gunna buy it. So sounds like it was 40% off 49.99. 10-4