1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  1. DeetahTheGame

DeetahTheGame Well-Known Member Banned

Numerous nights per week I find myself racing NASCAR 15 Online Leagues and quite frankly I'm sick of it. I've made some great friends on there but it's not getting me anywhere in Sim Racing.

So I was considering iRacing. For a 15 year old guy who doesn't have a job and lives in the middle of nowhere, vermont, I don't exactly have alot of money.

I have been saving up and I make about 20-30$ per month based off chores and such. I have a computer and wheel/pedals. All I need is the actual sim.

I want to try it out and see if I like it/have time for it before I make a huge investment like 50$ for a year.

Does anyone have the 3 month promo code I've been hearing about? If I end up liking it, I'll get my year or 2 year sub and be on my way hopefully!

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

The current promo is 50% off new memberships.

http://www.iracing.com/membership/

...which puts you at 15 USD for 3 months.

It's hit or miss for a lot of people. I usually save up and drop about 50 or 100 for a 1 year or 2 year when they have sales around spring/summer.

I'm more or less locked in with over $800 invested in the stupid thing that I honestly barely even use except to race in a league. Most times, the time to race is after 7pm; any other time during the week the sim is a graveyard for the most part.

3. DeetahTheGame

DeetahTheGame Well-Known Member Banned

@RacerXero84 it's a good deal, but I'm just worried about it. I don't wanna spend 15$ or whatever and then not have it download or something. Last year I tried to download it after using a promo code, and I got all signed up, and then it didn't download because my internet security blocked it.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

Your internet security blocked it...?

That's a first....

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

If you're serious about sim racing it's worth a try. If you prefer the arcade type racing it won't be fun. It's the most realistic racing sim I've ever driven in and I use it to keep my real world skills up to par in the off season.

The most important thing to know first is that you can't just signup and start in the Cup level. You have to race your way into it. So if you're only interested in it for the NASCAR content, you better be willing to spend some time and money to get there.

DeetahTheGame likes this.
  6. fioriniandre

fioriniandre Well-Known Member

It's a great sim. I enjoy it because I can race whenever! NR2003 it's mainly just leagues at a certain time, sometimes I can't make those times. iRacing it's whenever you can race. I also found iRacing is where all the real talent is hiding.

I was very fast in NR2003 and got accused of cheating multiple times....both in open sets and fixed sets. I'm over it now, NR2003 is slowly loosing, it's sad. They banned a lot of the fast "young" drivers for cheating with no proof. So they are killing the future generation of NR2003. So I kinda moved to iRacing, the skill and talent is un-real in most races. You will always have the idiots, but majority of drivers are fast and have some sort of knowledge.

It almost pays to race if you are fast, running a lot of the big races where they actually will give rewards when you race! I've won over $150 iRacing credit from just racing in leagues and finishing Top 10 in points and winning huge races.

Also NR2003 setups was a huge help for me, I'd recommend learning NR2003's setup garage in and out before you jump into iRacing. iRacing's garage is MUCH more accurate and everything works amazing. NR2003 is a good step in the setup direction but iRacing takes the cake.

The graphics and sounds are much better too. I'm a huge fan of iRacing now. Bottom line, if you are fast, and run in the big leagues, it pays to race! One day PEAK Antifreeze Series is all mine! HAHA

Andre :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
    DeetahTheGame likes this.