1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

PSP8 and Gimp

Discussion in 'Corel Paintshop Pro' started by Gene Evans, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Gene Evans

Gene Evans Well-Known Member

Just a quick question. When I use PSP8 to open the 2015 Omega Ford truck template I only get a background layer. If I use gimp to open the exact same file it will open up with all the layers. What can I do in Gimp to modify the truck file so it will open with PSP8? How would I export or save the truck file in Gimp to open in PSP8.

2. CAkin24

CAkin24 Well-Known Member

The template likely has too many layers. I think 100 layers is the maximum for PSP8. Open the template in Gimp and delete some unnecessary layers or merge some layers together. Save the template as a .psd and then go back into PSP8 and try opening it. It should work now, so long as the layer count is under 100.

3. WoofGM

WoofGM Since 1994

Nice general idea Chris , but in this case that is not the problem. What was not mentioned, was the templates were created in Photoshop. I know as I did the originals. the program Gene is using does not convert nor does it import psd files in layers. s for some time. Only way around this is to create them or export them in a PSP compatible.

However there is a psp Ford template that was posted on the Om3Ga site for the mod since Jan 2015. Does that one not work for you?

Alan Harkleroad and CAkin24 like this.
  4. Gene Evans

Gene Evans Well-Known Member

All the templates works fine. Just this particular Ford Truck file not working.

5. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I can confirm it's not working. I downloaded it and tried to open it in PSP8 as well, and it only has the background image.

6. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 HACK THE BONE

PSPX5 opens every layer as a single image and very quickly overloads my system with a BER template. I'd advise sticking to GIMP for painting if you can't find a workaround.

7. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

Just some clarification. In PSP-X and beyond the reason a PSD will be condensed into one flat file is if it runs into a layer setting from PSD that it has no corresponding match.

Both programs have a layer setting called overlay for example so it can read that. But both do not contain layer settings called Linear Burn, that is exclusive to PS. So if you have a linear burn layer in a PSD file and try and open it in PSP it wont know how to handle it, and in an effort to resolve the error it rasterize's the file into a flat layer. Its just program file type compatibility.

Layer count is irrelevant in PSP-X and newer. Also PSP also doesnt handle grouping the same way as PS does in PSD files. So if you have groups -> sub groups -> and so on. Then PSP sometimes cant read down that far in PSD format. It has a different structure for grouping in PSP