1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Question about AI in older Nascar sim games N99, N3, and NL

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by strader327, Nov 17, 2017.

1. strader327

strader327 New Member

Hello everyone long time no see, I've been away for awhile but it's great to be back here, I do have a question regarding some of the older Papyrus Nascar Sim games specifically N99, N3 and NL.

Believe it or not I still love to play these games. To me they have that classic gaming feel to them sort of like how classic 8bit games like Super Mario Bros and Pac Man give us that wonderful feeling of nostalgia.

Not to knock the newer sims like Iracing but I've always loved the endless number of carsets, car body styles, paint schemes and tracks that are or were available to these sims that you can't quite get or at least not yet with Iracing.

But anyways, on to the question, do any of you all know who used to play these games, know how to make the AI crash more and or race more aggressive? I'm thinking possibly if I tweak the numbers of each AI driver ie their engine, handling and so on that would help but I how much?

Should I do it for all of the AI drivers in a carset or just half or less? And what other things I can do to make them wreck on their own more or be more aggressive? Thank you so much for your time and have a great day.

2. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I recommend signing up here: http://simeditors.net/phpbb3/

This is the N3 hub, and we also discuss NL on occasion.

If/when you sign up, let me know via pm what your username is, and I will make sure your account is approved.