1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Question about iRacing painting

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by Brandon Miller, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

I'm designing a paint scheme for an iRacing driver. I have the paint template. I do not have an iRacing account. Is there a viewer anywhere I can use to make sure all of my alignments are correct?

2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

Unfortunately not, you would have to have the game to view the paints.

3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

Yup. Must have an account.

If you have one, you also have to have the content to even view it. Equates to about 10-15 USD per piece, unless you buy in bulk and get the volume discounts (which increase incrementally as you buy more at once at various thresholds, i.e. 3-6-12 pieces get you something like 10%-15%-25% off respectively, later a content-owned discount comes into play which nets you some additional percentages off each purchase).

Easiest way to paint is to hit the track, freeze the replay of a lap, look at your paint, alt-tab back to your paint program, make adjustments, re-save, update the file, go back to the game, refresh (CTRL-R), and look at it again. Rinse & repeat as necessary.

A real pain in the ass. People have been clamoring for a stand alone model viewer for this reason for years.