Race 13: Bristol - 2016

Discussion in 'SRD NNS Offline League' started by zaw24fan, Jul 11, 2016.

1. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Lap 140: 10 to go: Battle for 2nd as Trey Coleman gets to the inside of Mire! Caudill still has to stay up as Kunkel has not fully cleared him. This could open the door for Coleman as they come off of turn 2!

2. zaw24fan

Lap 141: CAUTION #13: An unbelievable turn of events for the lead results in Dakota Caudill in the inside wall and Trey Coleman collected! Chaser Connor Mire goes through with the lead!

That one's not going to go over so well over at DK Motorsports...

3. zaw24fan

Connor Mire gets in the back of teammate Dakota Caudill off of turn 2 while Caudill and Coleman battle for the lead.

bristol_caution_13_1.jpg

As Caudill slides off to the inside, Trey Coleman gets clipped in the right rear and sent hard into the outside wall.

bristol_caution_13_2.jpg

Coleman chases his car all the way up the track in turns 3 and 4 while Connor Mire takes over the lead.

bristol_caution_13_3.jpg

Farther back, Alikz Ahlbrand loses control of his car as he pulls to the inside of Josh Hawkins. Jackson Braun is collected.

bristol_caution_13_4.jpg

4. zaw24fan

Lap 142: In an unbelievable turn of events, Connor Mire pulls up behind the pace car as the new leader of the race. Mire has just taken out his teammate Dakota Caudill and Trey Coleman. Mire got into the back of Caudill, who collected Coleman while Mire goes through for the lead. Dakota Caudill has completely dominated this event up until this point.

Now Connor Mire looks to bring home a Round of 8-clinching victory. However, it's pretty easy to say this will not be a popular win for Mire if he is able to hold on.

Jackson Braun has brought his car to pit road with a ton of damage to the nose of his car after he got into Alikz Ahlbrand.

Dakota Caudill will line up for this restart in 13th. Despite the damage to the right side of his car, Trey Coleman will stay out and try to salvage a 2nd place finish.

5. zaw24fan

Lap 143: They've ripped the hood off of Jackson Braun's car and sent him back out onto the track. Braun is still fighting to maintain his Chase position.

6. zaw24fan

Lap 145: 1 to go signal given. The lapped car of Greg Woodard will separate leader Connor Mire from 2nd place Trey Coleman.

TOP 10
    01. 29 Connor Mire
    02. 12 Trey Coleman
    03. 17 Brendan Peavy
    04. 64 Chris Everett
    05. 47 Tim Johnston
    06. 6 Sean English
    07. 53 Adam Douglas
    08. 9 Josh Hawkins
    09. 54 Bob Laryson
    10. 1 Connor Root

7. zaw24fan

Lap 146: RESTART: Connor Mire doesn't let Greg Woodard have any shot of jumping to his inside into turn 1. Mire drives away with the lead.

8. zaw24fan

Lap 148: Mire has pulled away by a second over Trey Coleman. Brendan Peavy in 3rd has the lapped car of J.R. Franklin between himself and Coleman.

9. zaw24fan

Lap 149: WHITE FLAG: Connor Mire looks to become only the second driver to win more than one race this season. Daniel Asher is the only driver to do so with wins at Auto Club and Coca Cola.

10. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

"Mire should be penalized for that hit, without question."

TColeman12 likes this.
  11. zaw24fan

Lap 150: CHECKERED FLAG: With absolutely no pressure from behind, Connor Mire will coast off of turn 4 and take the yellow and checkered flags at Bristol. Win number two for Connor Mire this season, and this one will punch his ticket into the next round of the Chase!

bristol_finish.jpg

Trey Coleman limps home in 2nd, Tim Johnston barely edges Brendan Peavy--they'll finish 3rd and 4th, Sean English 5th, Chris Everett 6th, Josh Hawkins 7th, Adam Douglas 8th, Bob Laryson 9th, and Chaser Spencer Hunter comes home 10th.

12. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

*Craigo is seen clapping sarcastically following Mire wrecking the leaders*

13. zaw24fan

CAUTION #14: Ryan Cole's night ends up against the outside wall with Connor Root and Dakota Caudill.

bristol_caution_14_1.jpg

14. zaw24fan

And a look at where your Chasers finished and your projected Chase standings after the final race of the Round of 12.

01. 29 Connor Mire
    04. 17 Brendan Peavy
    10. 68 Spencer Hunter
    14. 57 Jackson Braun
    15. 80 Alex Seufert
    16. 1 Connor Root
    18. 41 Greg Woodard -1
    20. 19 Brendan Gorman -1
    24. 66 Alikz Ahlbrand -1
    32. 62 Jacob Craigo - Retired
    36. 02 Joe Towianski - Retired
    37. 86 Ben Althen - Retired

PROJECTED CHASE STANDINGS
    01. 29 Connor Mire - 1 WIN
    02. 17 Brendan Peavy +45
    03. 1 Connor Root +38
    04. 68 Kyle Missimer/Spencer Hunter +15
    05. 57 Jackson Braun +14
    06. 80 Alex Seufert +10
    07. 02 Joe Towianski +2
    08. 41 Greg Woodard
    ----------------------------------------------
    09. 86 Ben Althen -8
    10. 62 Jacob Craigo -15
    11. 19 Brendan Gorman -16
    12. 66 Alikz Ahlbrand -29

The Chase standings are only projected and are, by no means, official. The official Chase Grid will be posted sometime... Since it's already 1:30 AM here... Later today.

We are thankfully done with short track racing for the 2016 season! The next race for the SRD National Series will kick off the Round of 8 of the 2016 Chase for the Championship at Talladega Superspeedway. Surviving that race could give you a rather large upper-hand in the Round of 8 Elimination Race at Watkins Glen in two weeks.

TColeman12 likes this.
  15. TColeman12

TColeman12 #HAVOCLIVESATVCU

"I don't know what Dakota (@KnightHoarder) was thinking when he signed this Conner Mire dude. He wrecked his own owner and others. He doesn't deserve to be in victory lane. I'm happy to get a second place finish but we had a car to get the lead there, and we would've been able to hold them off. I definitely agree with Kyle, Mire should've been penalized for that hit."

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  16. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

*Noah Joyce climbs out of his car and throws his steering wheel at the dash. He walks towards the #62 garage with helmet in hand and throws it at Craigo's rear bumper. Craigo walks towards Joyce with a Coke bottle in hand, smiles at Joyce, and takes a long sip. "Can you feel it?! Can you feel it?!" can be heard playing very very softly. Craigo takes the bottle from his lips, smiles again, and offers Joyce a Diet Coke. Joyce looks at it in disbelief, looks back at Craigo, and punches him straight in the face. Many punches are thrown by the time officials and crew members pull the two away.*

jacobc62 and TColeman12 like this.
  17. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

Not many words can describe what happened. I was robbed of a dominating win from one of my teammates. Not because they passed me but because they wrecked me. We will have to see how things pan out after tonight.

TColeman12 likes this.
  18. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

Dakota had this to say after a very frustrating night and was seen throwing his helmet and running over to the hauler of the 29 team that he owns. "When you have a car that dominated like we did, you expect to be celebrating in Victory Lane but instead a driver I signed to my team, decides instead of having a monumental day for DK Motorsports as a team to have a possible 1-2 finish, I get flat out wrecked and Connor picks up the win. Absolutely hate it for all of my sponsors today. We were the class of the field, the 29 was not. There will be some long meetings that's for sure. Tonight reassured me that I have a great team in the making. I'm glad a DK Motorsports car is in Victory Lane but not at all like that. That is not how I wanna have a DK Motorsports car be in Victory Lane by taking a teammate out. Let's just say I am beyond furious!"

TColeman12 likes this.
  19. UnfixingDuke24

UnfixingDuke24 SRD's Paint Scheme Lord

Seufert: "It looks like we're in boys. Great work on all he cars. We've definitely been improving since this chase started."

20. zaw24fan

Here is your official Chase Grid at the conclusion of the Round of 12.

srd_chase_grid_bristol.png

Ben Althen, Jacob Craigo, Brendan Gorman, and Alikz Ahlbrand have been eliminated.

UnfixingDuke24 likes this.