1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Racin' and Rasslin?

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DownNDirty, Jan 7, 2018.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Well-Known Member

I "hope" to finish this project. I paint for fun when I have time and have never been good nor claim to be. I downloaded some templates and decided to give this a spin.

I've always had fictional universes and sim seasons of NR2003. I enjoy messing around with the track ini files and having races play out in front of me. I know, I'm an absolute party animal. Ever since the game came out I would use fictional rides and have wrestlers driving the cars. Why? God only knows. I've always been a fan of NASCAR and wrestling so why not. So I would have a fictional universe of 42 pro wrestlers. Wrestling stables or alliances were "teams" in my fictional universe. So I decided to try to really put something together that was mostly my own. I'm using bases that have been downloaded as well as the car templates and trying to create something I like around that.

I figured I would start this project off with my all time favorite wrestler growing up. The first driver that is being unveiled is none other than one of the greatest to ever lace up the boots. I give to you the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Flair, of course will drive the #4 car and has sponsorship backing from Armani and Rolex.

Let me know what you think. If it's awful that's cool. I'm just doing this for fun but figured I would share what I'm putting together. I plan on trying to put together a few more of these pretty soon.

Templates/Numbers - BigEvil, Armory Digital, SNG
    Logos - Google, BER, SRD
    Bases - RAH, Harkleroad
    Renders at The Mod Squad

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Tyler Jennings and crazyboy335 like this.
  2. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

3. DownNDirty

That's handy. Thanks for the tip! Neat

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Tyler Jennings likes this.
  4. DownNDirty

Edited........replaced below.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 9:19 AM
  5. DownNDirty

So I will probably go back and "redo" the Flair and Hogan cars after I made the next vehicle. If you grew up in the 1980s GI Joe was a big deal. And there was one wrestler that had a personal sponsorship from GI Joe that caused a riff with Vincent Kennedy McMahon that forced him to leave the WWF for the AWA. For the $$$ he was getting from GI Joe he couldn't turn it down. Later he would return to the WWF and win the WWF World Title as an Iraq sympathizer during the Gulf War. Some may remember him as Big Bob Remus. Most remember him as Sergeant Slaughter.

Like I originally said I'm not very talented but do this for fun. And if I complete my set here I will use my own cars in my "wrestling" fictional racing series. I like the way this one turned out better with the contingency sponsors. Originally I wanted to make the car more wrestler centric. I think I'm going to change that strategy and make it more about the sponsor and fit a sponsor with a wrestler that would logically make sense. If there could be any sense made of having wrestlers driving stock cars. I think this one turned out much better doing it this way........

[​IMG]

6. DownNDirty

How do you define perfection? Curt Hennig was the prototype for a perfect wrestler. He had the size, look, and ability to be one of the best in the business in the late 80s and early 90s. Hennig claimed to be great at all sports and could shoot a 55 on the golf course. Hence the car number and sponsorship from Greg Norman.

[​IMG]

7. DownNDirty

When you hear the glass shatter you know it's your ***. Stone Cold Steve Austin was the most over wrestler in the Attitude Era. The first ever "anti-hero" he coined the phrase Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ### after winning the 1996 King of the Ring tournament. Fittingly, Austin will pilot the 16 ride with support from Bud Light.

[​IMG]

8. Bitbreaker

remember to give credit to who deserve it

9. DownNDirty

Sorry, I thought putting them in the initial post was good enough from what I read from others. If I need to put them in every post I can. As far as I know here's all the places I've used:

Templates/Numbers - BigEvil, Armory Digital
    Bases by RAH
    Renders at The Mod Squad

10. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

That is good enough in our book.

11. DownNDirty

I have edited the first posts of the Flair car. Now I have made it more in line with the others I've started doing. I will redo Hogan next and then add some new one's.

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  12. DownNDirty

Next up, perhaps the most well known wrestler of all time. If you mention his name anywhere people know who he is. He ushered in the era of Rock N' Wrestling and was arguably the biggest star to ever step inside the squared circle. In 1987 at the Pontiac Silverdome at Wrestlemania III he slayed the unstoppable Andre the Giant. He is none other than "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan.

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  13. DownNDirty

The ominous gong has terrorized wrestlers for nearly 30 years. He had an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania that will live in infamy. Starting his career as Texas Red this big man went on to become Mean Mark Callous in WCW before getting the call from New York. He transformed into the Phenom, The Undertaker! Taker has sponsorship backing from Birdhouse Skateboards.

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  14. DownNDirty

Next up, another legend in his own right. He was one of the greatest technicians of the ring and often outsmarted his opponents. He unseated the great Verne Gagne for the AWA World Title after Gagne's 7 year reign. Due to his large vocabulary he was dubbed "The Professor" by his peers. One of the most eloquent men ever in the sport, fittingly, he has sponsorship from Wikipedia and Hublot. Introducing the great Nick Bockwinkel.

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  15. DownNDirty

Next up is perhaps the most dominating team of all time. They arrived on the scene in 1983 and tore through the competition no matter where they landed. No team had ever been as dominant as these two. Physical specimens, there will never be a team that had quite the same impact as these two did upon their arrival. With backing from MusclePharm, the Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  16. DownNDirty

He comes from one of the greatest wrestling families in the history of the sport. He claims he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He is none other than Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

[​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  17. DownNDirty

This man went through various incarnations throughout his career. But in his early years in wrestling he was a colorful, high energy guy. With sponsorship from Alien Workshop it's the man they call Sting.

[​IMG]

18. DownNDirty

Next up, another representative of WCW. He was one of the most decorated tag-team wrestlers of his day but broke out into a huge singles star in the later days of WCW. He had the biggest biceps in the business. He is the big bad booty daddy, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner. He has backing from Heart Attack Grill.

[​IMG]

19. DownNDirty

Next up, the first member representing the New World Order. In actuality, he was the sixth member unveiled in 1996. You may know him as the Lightning Kid, the 1-2-3 Kid, or X-Pac. Here, he will be known as Syxx. Fittingly, he will have sponsorship from Brunswick.

[​IMG]

20. Bitbreaker

It seems, that you use the frong manufactor for the render. Also you forget the name on the windshield Banner