Racing Online

Discussion in 'Online Racing' started by Hubka, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hubka

Hubka Well-Known Member

I was wondering how i could race online. Im not trying to do a league or anything. Just race online with a few people and see how I handle it. Ive never raced online and have owned this game for about 5 years. I have a cheap racing wheel and pedals. So i just want to see how good/bad I am with other people. Racing the AI gets boring after 5 years lol. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. Krusty

Krusty Well-Known Member

3. MrNorm

MrNorm Member

It seems like there are very few N2k3 Online servers these days to me and the last few days SMS Lobby has not been working. I'm wondering if SMS Lobby is still up, does anyone know??

I know it's not what people want, but for a "killin time" type thing, I added 10 AI cars to my server (HiGrip Wreckers) to fill a gap. I spent a lot of hours tweaking them so they will be competitive so far it's coming along good, I've had some great races at a few tracks with 3 and 4 wide racing. The server name has been the same for 13 years now but don't let that mislead you, these days most people just race for fun and not wrecking, the grip is still high and most (those that are not informed) still think I'm just some punk kid that can't race, but that's far from the truth. I just do this (the high grip) as another form of racing. My web site and server are still up and running after over 13 years, the AI just adds a new twist.

electrodisco likes this.
  4. Exterminator

Exterminator Well-Known Member

I think that the lobby was down during the time of your post.
    Here is what I recall based on a short conversation I had one night with Dave on Teamspeak3:
    The problem was that there was a major hardware failure. They worked to repair the system for a short time. When they realized there had been a major hardware failure, they replaced most of the hardware and upgraded the servers. Although NRT personnel had the software to re-install, they did not have a necessary encryption key to access the backups. This is because the gentleman that setup the servers originally, had recently passed. Dave was able to get the software after his passing, but was unable to find the password.
    They spent a little extra time to get it back up in order to insure it would function properly. It has been mostly restored. There was still a problem with the car file manager according to the last update I received from NRT. All other features have been re-installed and configured.
    You should be able to find a few servers running that are not password protected. At RB-HC, we are open for those that want to check us out during our league races. You are welcome to practice with us and even run the races in most cases.
    Check out our Saturday night ARCA Series v3 @ RB-HC.com.
    We race for the fun, not the glory!

5. MrNorm

MrNorm Member

Exterminator: you are correct sir, a few days later SMS was working fine again and still is....