Latest resources

2021 Fictional/Concept Paint Schemes Pack #1 DAT Designs
A collection of my fictional/concept paint schemes designed for the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[RELEASE] FreeCamera

melon_person_18

custom title
SRD Member
Reaction score
After 3 years of trying and 3 years of frustration trying to get Camera Control Master to work, I decided it would be a lot easier to simply make my own version of it. Hence, FreeCamera was born.

Basically what this program does is move the Pit Lane 1 camera around based on your inputs. The controls are in the readme.txt file, along with how to get the program to work. The only issue I've had is that Windows Defender (or any antivirus program worth its salt) will automatically read it as a virus. This is because, technically, FreeCamera is a memory editor that actively changes the camera location values in your computer's memory. In order to be able to use the program, you'll have to add it as an exclusion in your antivirus settings. Other than that, all you have to do is open the program and press "Ctrl+E" and you'll be able to move the camera around.

Happy camera-ing!

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.simracingdesign.com/resources/freecamera.3711/

Last edited by a moderator:

CAkin24

Dang it Bobby!!
SRD Member
Reaction score
For the last two years I've been trying to find better camera angles for league winner pics and I had to resort to taking .cam files from other versions of the same track and sometimes just completely different tracks and testing them to see if I could find a decent angle as the winner crossed the finish line. That took so much time and often times never provided a good enough angle.

THANK YOU for this!!! It's exactly what I needed!

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
"P.S. i spent over 40 minutes on that text art because i have no life and i didn't
think to use a generator, so y'all better fuckin appreciate it
- tyler"

You know what? When I opened the readme I honestly thought "hey that's cool!"
Also thank you so freaking much!

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
This is so sweet!! Thank you for this!! Will be great to use for a broadcast as the camera angle will save and will give a camera view that is customized during that race.

Tstewartfan

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!!! When I moved to Win10 it killed CCM for me, which made screenshots a pain. Aside from getting it around Windows Defender, it worked perfectly.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its a really great lightweight and versatile program much needed for NR2003. I'm happy to say I got to see its development and try the early versions of it these past months. When it was first made I got excited becasue I never got to enjoy CCM becasue it just never worked for me. I've already had a ton of great use out of FreeCamera. For one, the ICR trailer I made used FreeCamera and it made a huge difference in the production of the video angles I could record.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
This works well! Thanks for making a worthy CCM replacement!

Does anyone know how to smooth keyboard input on Windows? It would be useful for trailers if pressing a key gradually moved the camera instead of being jerky. I know NR2003 has some form of smoothing for driving, but it would be nice to set this in Windows before starting up FreeCamera.

melon_person_18

custom title
SRD Member
Reaction score
This works well! Thanks for making a worthy CCM replacement!

Does anyone know how to smooth keyboard input on Windows? It would be useful for trailers if pressing a key gradually moved the camera instead of being jerky. I know NR2003 has some form of smoothing for driving, but it would be nice to set this in Windows before starting up FreeCamera.
you can press ctrl+h to change the camera movement type to a smoother version that's more useful for creating videos

31hellomate

Hobbyist video maker and graphic designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, this sounds great! As someone who tracked down the source code of CCM from the original developer and tried to get a newer version created by releasing the code to the public a few years ago here on SRD, I'm ecstatic to finally see something come to fruition that can possibly rival CCM and work on Windows 10! Just curious, did you study any of that source code to assist in making this?

Oh, there is one problem btw. It looks like Mediafire blocked your download link. The site detects it as a "dangerous file" and won't let me download it. I'm looking forward to trying it out if the download link can be fixed.

Thanks for all your hard work!

melon_person_18

custom title
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, this sounds great! As someone who tracked down the source code of CCM from the original developer and tried to get a newer version created by releasing the code to the public a few years ago here on SRD, I'm ecstatic to finally see something come to fruition that can possibly rival CCM and work on Windows 10! Just curious, did you study any of that source code to assist in making this?

Oh, there is one problem btw. It looks like Mediafire blocked your download link. The site detects it as a "dangerous file" and won't let me download it. I'm looking forward to trying it out if the download link can be fixed.

Thanks for all your hard work!
oh for goodness sake why is mediafire stupid... i'll upload it to google drive - thanks for letting me know!
i actually did not study the CCM source code, as i didn't know it was uploaded! probably would have been helpful, but i'm happy with how FC turned out :)

EDIT: link should be working now

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
FreeCamera was working fine and now all of a sudden the exe file keeps being deleted. Every time I try to run it I get an error. This is on Windows 10.

error.JPG

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Windows Defender scans shows this. I'm unable to get it to open since the file is immediately deleted. Did the base exe get infected somehow? Seems like a legit issue since Microsoft has an entry for it.
Threats.JPG

FreeCamera was working fine and now all of a sudden the exe file keeps being deleted. Every time I try to run it I get an error. This is on Windows 10.