1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

ReShade Discussion

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by truexfan81, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Jakub Smetana

Jakub Smetana Well-Known Member

Guys I have a question. When I installing ReShade, is it mandatory to install all effects? When I don't select any effect, will it work the same way as if I chose everyone?

2. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

No, you can install only the effects you want to use. This will speed up the loading times.

3. Jakub Smetana

Ok and when I didn't select any effect, it will work same as If I choose every effect (I mean, if it resolve my problem with fps drop).

4. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

Please use complete sentences. I don't understand what you're saying.

5. Jakub Smetana

If I don't want install any effect, will it still work DX9 Update? Is it required to install at least some effect?

Sorry, my English isn't good. I'm from Czech Republic.

6. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

You don't need to install any effects. It should work without any.

Jakub Smetana likes this.
  7. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

when I try to install the .dll file it will not work. It states im missing the MSVCP140.dll file. I searched and its there... help?

8. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

Has anyone who was experiencing issues with Reshade not hooking into the exe found a solution? I'm on Win10, most recent build with nVidia 980 card (most recent drivers). I have issues with the d3d8.dll crashing the game when it tries to initially load (I've just renamed it to d3d8.dll.backup to avoid this -- the d9 dll causes no issues). Of note, I do have it in windowed mode and modified the x,y coordinates so it appears full screen. I don't believe this would cause any issues, especially since I went to full screen and no change. Running NR2003.exe as admin with compatibility mode (XP SP3). I'm at a loss. Everything seems successful until I launch. No Reshade boxes loading plugins or when I press F2+Shift (in menus or on track). I've disabled avast/windows defender as well as DEP through cmd prompt (don't think there's another option there). Any ideas?

9. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

It is my opinion that if you're able to run fine without ReShade, it's certainly not worth the hassle it sounds like you're having. You're not really missing out on anything. Don't stress out about it if you can help it.

10. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

No stress. I just like to know why a piece of software does or doesn't work. It appears like the only strong visual things people use it for are to sharpen up the image and add light bloom that mostly blows out the higher end of the color gamut. Still, it's fun to play.

11. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

It was the opposite for me. It was fun toying with the values, but the constant toggling of car shadows and no anti-aliasing, which was the opposite of sharpening the image, wasn't worth it to me. Very good chance I just didn't know how to use it though.