Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Restrictor plate tracks

brt3

SRD Member
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to speed up the field a little at restrictor plate tracks. I’m racing Talladega Spring 2014, and the field runs at about 190 in the draft. Trying to get to 195-198 mph.

Anyone know of the best method?

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Go into the track ini and decrease the ai_drag. Sounds like you should start with decreasing it about .05 to start, and decrease it in .01 increments from there.

Or increase the AI strength in game.

brt3

SRD Member
Reaction score
Go into the track ini and decrease the ai_drag. Sounds like you should start with decreasing it about .05 to start, and decrease it in .01 increments from there.

Or increase the AI strength in game.
I’m running 103% but I’m in a season so I can’t adjust that. I’ll try the drag. Thanks

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Go into the track ini and decrease the ai_drag.
This will work for the AI only. If you're also looking to increase the player's speed as well then I'm not sure what you can really do. Increasing asphalt_grip (and the other track grips) will allow you to lose less speed in the turns which might give you 1 or 2 extra mph. I feel like I've tried to figure something out like this before and was unsuccessful.

On second thought, decreasing ai_drag would actually increase your speed as well just due to the nature of the draft and everything speeding up, but the important thing to know about that value is that it's basically increasing the AI's strength. They'll be faster through the draft in comparison to you. Hope that makes sense.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
For player speed, perhaps a good setup. You can try changing the chassis type to a 2, or a 3 and run at a temperature above 120 degrees F. Chassis type 0 is a closer speed to what you are looking for, but its a drastic change in handling as it is technically not a stock car chassis. If you want a separate chassis to find what you are looking for, may need to look for a physics modified exe.

J.R.Franklin

SRD Member
Reaction score
Another consideration is the physics that you are using for your cars. I think we're all assuming that you're running with "cup" physics, but if by chance you are running with "gns" or "cts" physics, the cars will be inherently slower as a result.

Matt Baker

SRD Member
Reaction score
Cloud cover gives a horsepower boost too. The CTS physics are a little closer to the high downforce low horsepower package. The CTS physics also have a higher rev limit. Though to get the same speed as the current cars, you will need to somehow mod the spoiler to lower the angle and also tweak the rear springs.

Like the above have already stated, you can reduce drag and increase grip to increase speed.