1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

*RESULTS POSTED* 2018 Federated Auto Parts 400 SRD Pick' Em (ROUND OF 16)

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

I hit the 1-2-3 spot on. Keselowski and Logano not so much :p

2. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life Fan of Hendrick Motorsports and Martin Truex Jr.

1. 1st
    2. 7th
    3. 2nd
    4. 14th
    5. 9th

Okay I guess!

Rob

3. Bradfan4ever

Bradfan4ever Keselowski2Wallace

i hit 1 and 2 perfect... logano and blaney...ugh.

4. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Just a heads up. The results for Richmond II will be up in the next hour or so (barring any issues on my end). Just got home from work about 20 minutes ago and I am putting together all of the presentation/graphics for the results along with making the banners for the Pick' Em and Race Weekend thread for the upcoming Roval race at Charlotte. Thank you for your patience as I try to squeeze all of this in between working two jobs!

5. ShadowKnight508

Thirty-six members of the SimRacing Design community, including our sixteen Championship Playoffs contenders, stepped forward and submitted picks for the late summer race weekend at Richmond Raceway. Scores for this round were all over the board, from our low score of 163 points all the way to our winning score of 242 points. Of the thirty-six members that started the round, only twenty-five of them managed to score more than 200 points, which is quite impressive considering how random the results of a NASCAR race can be. From those twenty-five participants still in the running, just six of them managed to surpass the lofty 230 point mark. Here is our final six contenders who have a shot at walking away from Richmond as the winner of the 2018 Federated Auto Parts 400 SRD Pick' Em event (in A-Z order):

ahspencer01 (2018 SRD Pick' Em Championship Playoffs Contender)
    BrendonH12
    Dom
    MattSRD28 (SRD Pick' Em Commissioner)
    Saan Anguish (2018 SRD Pick' Em Championship Playoffs Contender)
    Tim2448

All six of our finalists had submitted some truly fantastic picks for Richmond, but as we all know, only one of them will be able to hoist the hardware while the other five shake their heads in disappointment, wondering what could have been had they picked a driver who had just a few more points that could have bagged them the win. Our winner this week picks up his first win of the 2018 Pick' Em season and as with last week, it isn't any of our sixteen Championship Playoff contenders! With a winning score of 242 points, please join me in congratulating @Dom on scoring his first win of the season by taking home the 2018 Federated Auto Parts 400 SRD Pick' Em Series event at Richmond! According to the Pick' Em All-Time Winners list, this win marks the first career victory for Dom in the Pick' Em Series (did not see his name listed anywhere on the list, and I checked it three times just to be sure)! @BrendonH12 just misses out on the win at Richmond with a final score of 241 points, @Saan Anguish and @Tim2488 come home in a tie for third place with 239 points, @ahspencer01 walks away in fifth place with 231 points, and our Pick' Em Series commish @MattSRD28 rounds out our Top-Six finishers with a final score of 230 points.

TOP 5 TEMPLATE PICK EM RII.jpg
    2018 Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway Full Results (Credit to MattSRD28 for crunching the numbers):
    YRAQdNV.jpg

With this win at Richmond, Dom picks up ten Bonus Points but does not receive any Playoff Points since he is not in the running for the Championship.

Saan Anguish picks up a single Playoff Point for his third-place result, and takes over the lead in the Championship Playoffs. @Fishtail sits in second place, @Ryan597 is in third place, @Ryan81398 is in fourth, and @John Gregorio rounds out our Top Five in the standings with just one race to go before we cut the field of championship contenders down to just twelve members. In the war for the twelfth and final transfer spot, @starscream24 (7,585 points) sits on the bubble with a 11 point lead over thirteenth place @ShadowKnight508 (7,574 points), with @nascarfan9 (7,560 points) and @4WideRacing (7,554 points) in close pursuit. Barring a win or some sort of miracle at Charlotte next week, sixteenth place @Johnnyk1990 (7,238 points) has been all but mathematically eliminated from advancing out of the Round of 16 by being 347 points behind starscream24.

2018 SRD Pick' Em Series Championship Playoff Standings (After Race #2 of 3 in the Round of 16):
    [​IMG]

2018 SRD Pick' Em Series Championship Standings (After Race #28 of 36):
    mLk3nB7.jpg

Here are the low scores to beat for our non-championship drivers in their quest for seventeenth place in the final standings:
    [​IMG]

On the rookie front, @Brandon Miller takes home the honors of being our highest finishing rookie contender with his fifteenth place finish at Richmond. Brandon Miller (5,092 points) increases his lead in the Rookie of the Year standings over @GambitJon (4,889 points), with @Bradfan4ever in third place (4,717 points), and @HJimenez42 rounding out our still-active rookie contenders in fourth place (4,412 points).

ROTY SRD PICK EM RII.jpg

2018 SRD Pick' Em Rookie of the Year Standings (After Race #28 of 36):
    udU6nfr.jpg

The Pick' Em thread for the inaugural race at the Charlotte Roval will be up in the next half hour or so. Be sure to get your picks in before each event and you might be the lucky soul who leaves Charlotte Motor Speedway with the first ever victory on the new Roval layout!

Fishtail and matheus357 like this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Hell yes, really needed that top 5.

7. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Congrats @Dom! But that second really hurts - hurts like Kurt's loss to Craven at Darlington a few years back...

8. matheus357

matheus357 Silent but present...

Congrats, @Dom! ;)

9. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Congrats Dom!

10. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Congrats Dom

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Sorry for the super late quote, but it's actually my 2nd win... got one last year (Race 18, Kentucky) ;)

Oh and thanks everyone!

12. ShadowKnight508

Sorry about that one, bud. When I originally put together the presentation for this round, I overlooked your name on the all-time winners list (it is there, with one win). I'll try harder next time to not overlook such important information when putting together the results post.

Dom likes this.
  13. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

It's alright, no worries. Keep up the great work!