1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

*RESULTS POSTED* 2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Pick' Em (Championship 4)

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

2. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson #Chasing8

Forgot my picks cause I was at the race. Hopefully I'll still get credit for doing all 36 races on the final post.

3. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 Busch Pole: #42 Kyle Larson (Nope)

[CWTS] 2018 Ford EcoBoost 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Winner: #24 Justin Haley (8)

[NXS] 2018 Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Winner: #00 Cole Custer (2)

2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Top 5:
    #4 Kevin Harvick (3)
    2. #22 Joey Logano (1)
    #78 Martin Truex Jr. (2)
    4. #42 Kyle Larson (13)
    5. #9 Chase Elliott (7)

4. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

These are the points for the championship 4 unless I made errors adding the points up.
    John Gregorio 264
    Ryan597 256
    Fishtail 254
    Saan Anguish 246

Ryan597 likes this.
  5. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life Fan of Hendrick Motorsports and Martin Truex Jr.

1. 3rd
    2. 2nd
    3. 13th
    4. 4th
    5. 7th

Rob

6. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Hey everybody. Those of who who've been around for a while know that tabulating championship results takes a bit longer than your average race weekend. Then I'm coming off of spending last week in Paris, Thanksgiving coming up this week, and I've just fallen dreadfully sick overnight. So things may take a little time, but rest assured, you will know who the 2018 SRD Pick'em Series Champion is... soon.

In the meantime, enjoy your Thanksgiving. Enjoy whatever Black Friday escapades you have in mind. Check back with us over the weekend when the results should be ready to go. Thanks.

7. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

A brief update for you all. No, the results aren't up yet, but the results have been tabulated, and Shadow is working on some fancy-shmancy graphics and what not.

Stay tuned!

8. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Unfortunately, I will not be able to get the results up tonight like I was originally planning. My boss didn't give me the night off like I had requested to put together the presentation for the results (write-up, graphics, and Champion/Rookie of the Year stuff). I also didn't have any luck trying to bribe some of my co-workers to take my night shift at work (all five people that I asked turned down me taking two of their shifts and $20 in cash), so I was unable to dump my shift off on someone else so I could go home and finish putting it all together.

So now the results will have to wait for tomorrow night (when I do have the night off from work). I work from Noon to 7:30 PM tomorrow, and should be home around 8PM. I should have the results up by midnight tomorrow night (3AM EST Friday morning), if everything on my end goes off without a hitch.

Thank you all for your patience, and hopefully waiting an additional day will not dampen your interest in seeing who won the event at Homestead along with which of our four finalists took home the championship!

9. ShadowKnight508

For the thirty-sixth and final time this season, members of the SimRacing Design community submitted picks for the season finale NASCAR triple-header event at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Thirty-three contenders, including our Championship Four entrants who were facing off for the right to be our 2018 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Series Champion, made the trek down to South Florida and submitted their picks. In this round, scores were all over the spectrum, from our lowest score of 141 points all the way to our winning score of 207 points. From the thirty-three contenders that submitted picks for Homestead-Miami, just fifteen of them were able to score more than 190 points. Of those fifteen members still in the hunt for the final win of the 2018 season, just eleven of them were able to amass more than 195 points. Unfortunately, this meant that two of our title contenders didn't score enough points to avoid the 195 point cutoff and have effectively lost their bid to take home the championship this season. Here are the eleven members (including two of our Championship Four finalists) who are still in the running for taking home the final Pick' Em Series win of the 2018 season (in A-Z order):

ahspencer01
    Bradfan4ever (R)
    Chandler Tyson
    John Gregorio (2007 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Series Champion) (2018 Pick' Em Series Championship Four Contender)
    MonkeyWrenCh
    NAlt4

Ryan597 (2018 Pick' Em Series Championship Four Contender)
    Ryan81398
    ShadowKnight508 (SimRacing Design Pick' Em Lt. Commissioner)
    TheSpeedanator (R)
    USSTalladega

Two Championship Four finalists, two members of the 2018 SimRacing Design Rookie class, and seven non-championship contenders left standing to battle it out to the bitter end for the right to leave Homestead-Miami as the winner of the final Pick' Em Series event of the year. Absent from the final eleven are both @Fishtail (194 Points) and @Saan Anguish (186 Points), the other two Championship Four finalists who sadly will not be taking home the championship this season via elimination. Please join me in congratulating both of them for making it this far and for their success this season.

All eleven of our remaining entrants had submitted some quality picks for the big triple-header NASCAR race weekend at Homestead-Miami, with nearly all of their picks enjoying great finishes by the time the checkered flag waived over Joey Logano as he took home not only the 2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 win, but also secured the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship via his win at Homestead. However, just six of our final eleven contenders managed to score more than 200 points, thus eliminating five of our potential winners. Here are the final six members still in the hunt for the win at Homestead-Miami Speedway (in A-Z order):

Bradfan4ever (R)
    Chandler Tyson
    Ryan81398
    ShadowKnight508 (SimRacing Design Pick' Em Lt. Commissioner)
    TheSpeedanator (R)
    USSTalladega

Two members of our 2018 SimRacing Design Rookie class, the Lieutenant Commissioner for the Pick' Em Series, and two non-championship contenders are all that remain after the final cutoff. This leaves both @John Gregorio and @Ryan597, our final two Championship Four finalists, out of the hunt for the win at Homestead-Miami, but they are still fighting it out between themselves for the 2018 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Series Championship. We will get back to our two Championship Four contenders in a minute, after we crown the winner for the 2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 SRD Pick' Em event.

All six of our finalists had put down some fantastic picks, but as with all of our other thirty-five events this season, only one of them would be able to rise above the competition and hoist the hardware in Gatorade Victory Lane at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Our final winner of the season picks up his first win of 2018 and scores his ninth career Pick' Em Series win. With a winning score of 207 points, please join me in congratulating @USSTalladega on taking home the win in the 2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami SRD Pick' Em Series event! @Chandler Tyson just misses out on his third win of the year with a total of 203 points, @Ryan81398 and @TheSpeedanator both walk away in a tie for third place with 202 points, and @Bradfan4ever rounds out our Top-Five with a final score of 201 points. @ShadowKnight508 brings up the rear of our final six contenders with a score of 200 points.

TOP 5 TEMPLATE PICK EM ROUND RESULTS.jpg

2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Full Results (Credit to @MattSRD28 for crunching the numbers):
    0cUW1S4.jpg

Now with the battle for the win at Homestead settled, lets turn back to the war between our final two Championship Four contenders who just missed out on the final cutoff for the win. John Gregorio ended up in a tie for seventh with @ahspencer01 at 198 points (including 4 Bonus Points for their tie), and Ryan597 also ended up in a tie for ninth place with @MonkeyWrenCh at 196 points (including 2 Bonus Points for their tie). Here is how things shake out for our Championship Four:

1. John Gregorio: 198 Points (+4 Bonus) = 202 Points
    2. Ryan597: 196 Points (+2 Bonus) = 198 Points
    3. Fishtail: 194 Points (No Bonus, Finished Outside Top-10)
    4. Saan Anguish: 186 Points (No Bonus, Finished Outside Top-10)

After thirty-six events that saw thousands of points scored, thousands of miles traversed, and thousands of laps run in the 2018 season, please join me in congratulating John Gregorio as our 2018 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Series Champion with a final total of 10,202 points! This championship is the second for John Gregorio, who also took home the inaugural Pick' Em Series Championship way back in 2007. He becomes our second two-time Pick' Em Series Champion (joining 2009 and 2017 Pick' Em Series Champion @DannyM) in series history. Ryan597 takes home second with 10,198 points (-4 Points), Fishtail ends up in third with 10,194 points (-8 Points), and Saan Anguish rounds out our Championship Four with 10,186 points (-16 Points).

In the other ongoing battle in the series, @Tim2488 takes home the honors of being our 2018 SimRacing Design "Best of the Rest" 17th Place Non-Playoff member, holding off @XxTeam48LowesXx by just 39 points!

SRD CHAMPIONSHIP FOUR TEMPLATE.jpg

2018 SimRacing Design Championship Playoffs Final Results (After Championship Four Race at Homestead-Miami Speedway):
    [​IMG]

2018 SimRacing Design Championship Standings (After Race #36 of 36; John Gregorio Clinches Championship):
    SFTy2L7.jpg

On the rookie front, TheSpeedanator takes home the honors of being our highest-finishing Rookie contender with his tie for third place at 202 points. @Brandon Miller clinched the 2018 SimRacing Design Rookie of the Year title last week at ISM Raceway, and finishes the 2018 season with a final total of 6,463 points. Bradfan4ever takes home second in the ROTY standings with 5,995 points, and @HJimenez42 ends up in third place with a total of 5,771 points.

ROTY SRD PICK EM STANDINGS.jpg

2018 SimRacing Design Rookie of the Year Final Standings (After Race #36 of 36):
    [​IMG]

I want to personally thank everybody who participated in the 2018 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Series this year! From our grizzled series veterans who have been around for many years to our newest rookies who entered the spotlight this season, thank you for participating in the eleventh season of the Pick' Em Series! We will be back with the 2019 Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth at Daytona SRD Pick' Em Series event at Daytona International Speedway on February 10th with the running of the 2019 Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona. I hope to see you all along with new rookie contenders in three months!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  10. ShadowKnight508

I will be making special graphics for @John Gregorio along with @Brandon Miller for taking home the titles in both of their respective categories (Championship and Rookie of the Year). Those should be up by this weekend, and next week, I'll put together a new thread that will celebrate all of our winners from the 2018 season, the rookie class of 2018, our 2018 Rookie of the Year, and our 2018 SimRacing Design Pick' Em Champion!

11. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Brandon Miller likes this.
  12. BobbyRicky62

BobbyRicky62 Well-Known Member

13. matheus357

matheus357 Silent but present...

14. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Champion,John Gregorio!
    Big Thank You to ShadowKnight508 and another Big Thank You MattSRD28! You guys have the greatest game,thanks!!

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  15. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Congrats John! Didn't want 4th, but it was a great season. Thanks guys!

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  16. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Congrats @John Gregorio on winning the championship and @Brandon Miller on winning ROTY.

Congrats @USSTalladega on the Homestead win as well!

Its was a great and disappointing season for me. To be so close to making to the final 4 was disappointing yet so great in the I ended a long winless streak (since 2012) and made the playoffs again (Since 2013). It was a huge bounce back season and I can't wait for 2019!

Finally, thanks to @ShadowKnight508 and @MattSRD28 for what you do in keeping this game running for so long. You do amazing work and that is what makes this so much fun every year! Keep it up!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  17. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Congrats John on the pickem title!

Best of the rest is a great consolation prize lol

18. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

19. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

20. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

Congratulations John Gregorio!
    I'm surprised I actually got the best average of people over 5 starts. Hopefully I stay active with this next year.