1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

***RESULTS POSTED*** 2018 GoBowling 355(k) at the Glen SRD Pick Em Series

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Runnin' Down a Dream Paint Crew

1. 1st!!!!
    2. 3rd
    3. 2nd
    4. 37th
    5. 5th

Dammit Joey.

2. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

Hmm

3. Bradfan4ever

Bradfan4ever Keselowski2Wallace

smh....

4. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

*Sees Logano go out by lap 3*
    Alexa, play Despacito.

5. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

2018 GoBowling 355(k) at the Glen Busch Pole Winner: #78 Martin Truex Jr. (Nope)

[NXS] 2018 Zippo 200 at the Glen Winner: #12 Brad Keselowski (10)

2018 GoBowling 355(k) at the Glen Top 5:
    #78 Martin Truex Jr. (2)
    2. #4 Kevin Harvick (10)
    3. #14 Clint Bowyer (11)
    4. #11 Denny Hamlin (13)
    5. #41 Kurt Busch (9)

6. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Just a heads up. My internet at home has not been cooperative with me tonight. I got the night off so I could put together the Pick ‘Em results along with the new race weekend/Pick ‘Em thread, but my crappy DSL modem will not connect to the internet, no matter what I try.

So, I had to hop onto my cell phone in order to post this. After two hours of screwing around with my modem, I am off to bed. I will have the Watkins Glen results along with the Michigan threads up by midnight tomorrow (3 AM Friday EST).

@BrendonH12 can create the race weekend thread for Michigan if he so desires, since it would get up faster that way. Sorry for the delay, but I can’t seem to catch a break with AT&T’s crappy service in my area.

7. BrendonH12

I'll get right on it! Thank you so much for this opportunity, @ShadowKnight508!

8. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Since I am running out of time (it is nearly midnight) and the boss frowns on us staying past midnight unless we are on the clock, I am going to make this very short for now. I will come back tomorrow and fill in this post with better details:
    • 38 members of the SimRacing Design community submitted picks for the race weekend at Watkins Glen International.
    • 19 of those 38 managed to score more than 180 points.
    • Of those 19 left standing, just five managed to score more than 200 points.
    Here are the five contenders left in the running for the win at Watkins Glen (in A-Z order):

Chandler Tyson
    MonkeyWrenCh
    Ryan597
    Ryan81398
    taz1458

Of our five finalists, each one of them submitted some spectacular picks for the weekend at Watkins Glen. However, only one of our remaining contenders would stop hating it for their guys and walk away from the fan-favorite Watkins Glen International as the winner.

Our winner this week won often and early in the opening parts of the 2018 Pick' Em season, securing three wins at three different tracks. Now he can add a win at a road course to his impressive Pick' Em series resume as he continues his push towards locking up the number one seed in the upcoming Championship Playoffs. With a winning score of 217 points, please join me in congratulating @Ryan597 on picking up his fourth win of the 2018 season with this victory in the 2018 GoBowling 355(k) at the Glen SRD Pick' Em Series event!

TOP 5 TEMPLATE PICK EM ROUND RESULTS.jpg

2018 GoBowling 355(k) at the Glen Full Results (Credit to @MattSRD28 for crunching the numbers):
    IHxZWg5.jpg

2018 SRD Pick' Em Series Championship Standings (After Race #22 of 36, Championship Playoff Cutoff After Race #26):
    BWgmhCq.jpg

@Brandon Miller remains in the lead of the Rookie of the Year standings as the season approaches the home stretch, but his lead has been cut down slightly by @GambitJon. Before anyone mentions it, I will fix this graphic with the current avatar for Brandon Miller (the template I had saved at work had the old image, and I didn't have much time to mess with it):

ROTY SRD PICK EM STANDINGS.jpg

2018 SRD Pick' Em Series Rookie of the Year Standings (after Race #22 of 36):
    dOZx745.jpg

With just three races until we set the sixteen contenders who will be battling it out for the rights to be the 2018 SRD Pick' Em Series Champion, here are the sixteen members (winners and winless drivers in on points) who currently have their ticket in the Top-16 for a spot in the big dance:

[​IMG]

Here is the battle for the final three Championship Playoff spots (positions 14 thru 16) that will be hard fought between the final three contenders above the cut line and the swarming pack of members who are still within range of pointing their way in with some luck (and no new winners):

[​IMG]

I am out of time (boss is telling me to get out since it is past midnight), so this is all I can post for now. Cheers to MattSRD28 for helping out with the Playoff Graphics (since I am busy with two jobs) and a special thanks to @BrendonH12 for putting together the Michigan race weekend thread when my internet let me down!

9. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Congrats on another one Ryan597!

Ryan597 likes this.
  10. taz1458

taz1458 #LetsGoPens

Congrats Ryan. Need a miracle to make the playoffs this year.

Ryan597 likes this.
  11. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

My dumbass mistake of listing Kyle B twice, killed me.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  12. matheus357

matheus357 Silent but present...

Ryan597 likes this.
  13. BrendonH12

Ryan597 likes this.
  14. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Runnin' Down a Dream Paint Crew

I did better than I thought I did, considering Joey finished last. Congrats @Ryan597 !

Ryan597 likes this.
  15. Ryan597

Ryan597 Well-Known Member

I am shocked I've won four of these things this year! Thanks everyone :)

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  16. Bradfan4ever

Bradfan4ever Keselowski2Wallace

dang I did good

17. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Hey, @Ryan597, congrats and all, but I need to borrow one of your wins, just in case. I knew you'd understand. K, thanks! ;):p

Ryan597 likes this.
  18. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

I am shocked I did that good. I had Denny Hamlin on my team who finished 13th/9th most points and Jimmie Johnson who finished 30th/21st most points. I had Truex and Kyle Busch but I figured everyone else would too.

Never mind I picked Kurt not Jimmie.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  19. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I'll take a top-10, much needed lately!

Congrats to Ryan597!