Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Rewind the clock to year 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyboy335

#50in07
Banned
Reaction score
I kept looking at this thread saying "meh, another 2000 carset, yaay sarcasm".

And MRW it's a freakin mod:

AwesomeFork24

SRD's Insomniac
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you make a SS version, you are automatically Jesus

Last edited:

nascat345go

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have been to the mountain top and back:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O Simply amazing and unexpected, You sir are a beast.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
This excites me so much, you have no idea. 2000 was probably my favorite year in NASCAR, as far as drivers, paint schemes, and car bodies goes. I remember the days of playing NASCAR Heat for hours on end, and while I race with the 2000 carset a lot, I never got that feeling I got when I races NHeat. Maybe this will be that fix, can't wait for this!

clearstatic

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm always for any new mod that comes out for this sim. However, isn't the body style in 2000 very similar to the default bodies the sims comes with?

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
In terms of the Ford and Dodge, yes.

Chevrolet transformed the Monte Carlo after 2002, the most notable differences being the side shading, spoiler shape, and redesigned front and rear bumpers.

Same goes with the Pontiac, the fronts were lower and somewhat blocky as they were from 1996-2002.

Last edited:

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
They changed the 4 manufactures' bodies in 2003 to meet new aero requirements... or something like that. Basically didn't want teams having advantages based on what brand they chose.

ThatOneShredder

"I can shotgun a White Claw."
SRD Member
Reaction score
They changed the 4 manufactures' bodies in 2003 to meet new aero requirements... or something like that. Basically didn't want teams having advantages based on what brand they chose.
Most notably the Chevys at plate tracks. AJ Foyt Racing ran a Chevy instead of a Pontiac at Talladega in 2001 for that reason.

SpiderTre

#SHALIEVE
SRD Member
Reaction score
Most notably the Chevys at plate tracks. AJ Foyt Racing ran a Chevy instead of a Pontiac at Talladega in 2001 for that reason.
what's funny about that is that a number of Chevy teams ran Pontiacs at superspeedways in the Busch Series in 2002

CAkin24

Dang it Bobby!!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Woohoo!!!! This looks awesome. Love that curved spoiler on the Pontiac. I haven't been this excited for a mod in a while. Then all of the sudden, wham, I find out there are two awesome mods in progress within a few days of each other!

Looks like our 2001 Busch North Series carset for the PWF GNS mod may have to be transferred over to this mod at some point in time!

Thank you, not only to you and your team, but to everyone who paints cars, builds tracks, makes mod, designs decals and numbers, etc. to keep this 11 year old game the best NASCAR sim still to this day!

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
what's funny about that is that a number of Chevy teams ran Pontiacs at superspeedways in the Busch Series in 2002
Even in the 2003 Talladega Busch race they ran '02 Chevys and Pontiacs.

ItsaUserName

SRD Member
Reaction score
This is amazing. I never expected this to be made in a million years, but I sure am glad it has. The only thing that would really complete the modern era of NASCAR now is a proper post-Cup90 mod from 1995 to 1999, as Cup90 is just too old for those years and the bugeye Taurus just looks horrible on it. Maybe a next project? One can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.