Downloads
Updated

rFactor 2 Beta is Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnout

SRD Member
Reaction score
You read that right, it's out. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads Please read their forums as they contain much of the information you'll need for the beta. It is not free to play the beta, you must purchase the game first, then not only you'll be able to play/mod the beta, you'll also have an 18 month subscription as opposed to the standard 12 month subscription you'll get with the final release.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
So if we have to pay for the beta how come there are torrent downloads in the link you posted?

Glad to see it's close to the final release though (y)

Pabig

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not going to pay for a game where 99,5% of the content will be community made.

Burnout

SRD Member
Reaction score
Not going to pay for a game where 99,5% of the content will be community made.
Your loss. The previous rFactor had some great mods which themselves were well worth the original purchase price.

So if we have to pay for the beta how come there are torrent downloads in the link you posted?

Glad to see it's close to the final release though (y)
Because you make the purchase through the program itself. They don't have any HTTP links yet so it's just torrents at the moment.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ah I see. So it's almost like the original rFactor Lite except you can't play without purchase.

Tons and tons of mods and tracks were made for rFactor (more than NR2003 will ever have) just the fact that you have choices is worth the purchase price alone. Also next time you play NR2003 tell me how much community made stuff you don't have in it.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
And not all torrents are illegal. Torrents or P2P tech saves alot of bandwidth for companies. Unix is a big supporter of it with Open Source coding.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Installed, tried

It has promise, that's my take on it, the car feels better than rF1 (which to be fair isn't THAT hard with out of the box stuff) and I love the drying line and the feel of the car

Highbank

Trans Am Car Set Creator
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ya, I can name at least 10 mods for rFactor that are worth the price...NR2003 is great for some stuff but rFactor rocks at a different level completely for others...

How many people out there have paid over $100 for NR on ebay? Scary to think about.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think, going by the FR3.5 and 60s F1/2/3 and Megane stuff, that the oval racing will be good, maybe not NR2003 great or iR great, but certainly very good and playable.

ckgordon24

SRD Member
Reaction score
Dang ! I wish my computer would run it. Oh well time for an upgrade???

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
I haven't downloaded it and haven't seen anything about the following, so what are the "other services" that are part of the subscription? I assume that the matchmaker is not mandatory.

Last edited:

amidst tundra

SRD Member
Reaction score
Unless they have SIGNIFICANTLY improved the offline ai I'm out. Not weening the ai onto each and every track just to watch them do inexplicable things over and over. The nr2003 ai can be funky, the RF ai was just plain poor. I know the game was built for online, but for people with poor internet connections or people such as myself who just doesn't choose to race online it basically makes the game joyless.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know the game was built for online, but for people with poor internet connections or people such as myself who just doesn't choose to race online it basically makes the game joyless.
I kindly disagree with you here. I don't have the greatest connection in the world and I choose not to race online (though it is fun, just not my cup of tea for this game) I thoroughly enjoy running offline mode by myself. I mean after years of playing NR2003, rFactor was a nice refreshment (and I'm just talking game-wise, not comparing oval racing to road racing)

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Unless they have SIGNIFICANTLY improved the offline ai I'm out. Not weening the ai onto each and every track just to watch them do inexplicable things over and over. The nr2003 ai can be funky, the RF ai was just plain poor. I know the game was built for online, but for people with poor internet connections or people such as myself who just doesn't choose to race online it basically makes the game joyless.
According to SimHQ they have, I found the best AI for rF1 in one or two mods, but the default stuff....ugh

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its muuuuuuuch better. The Ai actually know you're there, will defend, and aggressively pass. And, if you happen to hit an Ai...you don't bounce off like they're a tank.

The game, even in beta, is such a step from rf1 (which I love). There are some issues, as there are with any beta, but it is going in a great direction, and once it is polished and the content comes, it will be amazing.

Last edited:

Highbank

Trans Am Car Set Creator
SRD Member
Reaction score
You really can't lump all the ai into one generic like or dislike, it does vary from mod to mod track to track. Well I guess you could, but it wouldn't really be accurate...(I'm referring to rFactor1)

Status
Not open for further replies.