1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

rfactor 2 Nascar Update

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by bigdaddy24, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdaddy24

bigdaddy24 Well-Known Member Banned

2. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Good news but I hope the physics will actually be realistic and what I mean by that is if you have contact with another car at a high speed it ends really bad. That's something every game I've played that had NASCAR in it had issues with (except of course the precious NR2K3) :)

Highbank likes this.
  3. kirbyfighter12

kirbyfighter12 Well-Known Member Banned

I hope the AI isn't perfect and Boring as it was in RFACTOR. It's so picture perfect little to no wreck racing I could fall asleep.

4. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator Banned

Guys if you read the posts by Tim and the others you can see that they do acknowledge the AI issues with rF and that they are working hard to create a new set of rules by which the game can become a good oval racing sim. They get it...they see the dollars in the air and they want to harvest them just as any good business would.

Sometimes I think those of us who come from the NR2003 world where everything is free once we get the game bought, don't see that this is supposed to be a profitable endeavor, not just a hobby. You see that the modding groups in rF2, AC and other sims are moving over to, (or trying to) a pay and play situation, you want their quality mods, pony up a few bucks. And you know what, that is perfectly reasonable. One of the things that does plague our NR2003 community is a serious lack of appreciation after the opening days of a mod or car, or track is made available. We ought to be always thanking, crediting, and openly appreciating the work of these content creators. Perhaps a cash based situation is the answer, YA, YA I know we want it for free, I do too, but I'm just sayin' pay up front and no one could feel like they didn't get credit or thanked, they got cash up front....

That's just my OP...

Smoke OR likes this.
  5. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

That seems fair. As I see it right now if we charged 5 bucks per mod (and this isnt counting templates or add-on files) I'd say you guys owe teamom3ga a very modest 100 grand easy. Pay up!

RacerXero84 and Highbank like this.
  6. Highbank

That's great and so true. I know you won't be holding your breath or running out to the mailbox to get your checks. BUT maybe the future needs to come to NR2003. Free is overrated at times.

I just posted an old ncts09 car set in my Trans Am thread, people are downloading it. So look at how long that mod has been kicking. Many online leagues still favor it. Anyone who had paid five bucks for it would have gotten their money back in entertainment value tenfold by now. How much is a coffee at Starbucks, a Redbull, a Big Mac. Surely a quality mod is worth a fiver! How much do folks spend on Candy Crush to get past levels?

7. Highbank

I can feel people hating me even now..."Highbank ruined it for everyone because he wants to see content makers paid for their endless hours of work and selfless devotion...."

RacerXero84 and 4WideRacing like this.
  8. Highbank

Back to the rF2 discussion at hand, sorry for my diversion...

They are putting in a ton of work getting this right, meaning the game platform itself as well as the NASCAR Rules, the tire patch, all the research into oval racing (open-wheel and stock-car) the game gets better by leaps and bound now with every build. I own the game (Lifetime) and it is slow but it is coming along, most folks seem to agree that it is the best actual racing simulator out there taking only driving realism into account. Now the visual side is getting the love to bring it up to SOTA standards (slowly) the best modding teams from rFactor have begun putting together real quality mods and tracks, the ISI content is superb.

What is out there and it is limited for sure, but what IS available is very immersive. I'm painting car sets for the Celica GT IMSA and the Howston HG6, and looking forward to the NASCAR content.

I have not doubt that it will meet the highest of standards, (I'm not saying everyone will be silently pleased) I also know it will probably be w while longer before it sees the light of day. I'm looking for the NASCAR 2015 season to be complete before a lot more is known or released...hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut.

9. Jonny683

Jonny683 Well-Known Member

I'll be that guy: I hope they get converted to rFactor one cause it'll be nicer than the VHR mod that's there. I also hope the cars are better to drive and friendlier to arrow key folks like me.

But I'm not the crowd they want to impress, though so far I like what I see.

Highbank likes this.
  10. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

Highbank likes this.
  11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

The karts look fun. I really need to get a new wheel and try more of these racing sims. I feel like I'm missing out on so many new racing games.

Highbank likes this.
  12. Highbank

New build, new stock cars, new ovals are rolling out now as well

13. Easton

Easton Active Member

In game showroom, settings medium/high. Stockcars are new to rF2, modders can now add their versions to the game now:) GRAB_001.JPG

Highbank likes this.
  14. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I like how a lot of the schemes are based off of some real ones

Highbank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.