1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

rFactor to NR2003 Conversion

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by person5598, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person5598

person5598 Active Member

I have kind of given up on the Tucson deal, realzing I could convert it. I am now trying to convert the rFactor track, Thunderbolt Raceway, and convert it to NR2003. So far I have made the GMT files into .3DO files. Now I am stuck at this point, any idea what to do next?

2. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I've heard that it would almost be easier to just build the track for NR2003.

3. nasdriv87

nasdriv87 Well-Known Member

next is converting trk file to ptf file

4. Ian S

Ian S Well-Known Member

i didn't think that was possible? (without having to recreate the splines by guesswork in sandbox).

5. person5598

person5598 Active Member

There is no ".trk" file located in the file. There is mainly just ".dds" files...

6. nasdriv87

nasdriv87 Well-Known Member

u must say this to ppl at theuspits where they said it to me that was possible, but...:-/

7. Ian S

Ian S Well-Known Member

I think you've misunderstood, ptf is nr2k3 and trk is the GPL track file format.

I dunno what rfactors is, but whenever I look at their tracks neither or these two file formats are used.

The hard way to convert rfactor to nr would be to create a 3d mesh from the rfactor track, then import that, in chunks if necessary, into sandbox and then lay down the splines in that.

The other theory is somehow convert the rfactor track to an xml database and convert it with trkmaker to a ptf.

But I've tried neither.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.