1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

rickmastfan67's Showroom (showcasing the 2001 9/11 Carset)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by rickmastfan67, May 9, 2013.

1. SpiderTre

SpiderTre Put the 'riot' in Patriot

nice job on the template! curious to what the difference is between the "personal shading" to the regular shading

rickmastfan67 likes this.
  2. rickmastfan67

rickmastfan67 Well-Known Member

Looks like I forgot to delete that layer before I converted it to PSD, oops. Really, there's nothing different except being a little lighter on the bottom part of the front grills. Just was playing around with some stuff there.

3. rickmastfan67

Yes, I have considered doing this. However, as of right now, I'm not planning on doing any for the Cup 2000 mod. Will not completely rule it out doing some for that mod in the future, but as of right now, just the default Cup.

4. rickmastfan67

Getting closer on the #24:
    [​IMG]

Still need to create a realistic spoiler and front grills to match what was on the car. Also still need to do the final coloring of the flames. Otherwise, the car is ~95% completed.

USSTalladega and FloridaFan88 like this.
  5. alfiej

alfiej Well-Known Member

Great work!

6. rickmastfan67

UPDATE TIME!! :)

Today, I'm showing off the final product of the overhauled #24 car of Jeff Gordon (you've seen some WIP previews of it posted here).

#24:
    [​IMG]

Some of the fixes include the following:
    Everything. :p

This car was completely rebuild from the up, and that's including all the decals redone from scratch too (except the MRO logo & Gordon's signature, both acquired from T4G & partially the Pepsi logo [the orib part] from BOTW). Anyways, nothing is the same from the original version that I had released in the past. Back then, abuchl was kind enough to provide me with a copy of his #24 flames for my original version of this car. However, I decided to make my own flame base this time, and I think the results were well worth the several hours playing around to get them to look good.

I first did a rough placement of all the sponsors. Then, I did a 'temporary' version of the flames in PSP7 to get the lines in place to where they would look decent (as you saw in the WIP images) and work with the sponsors on the car, and then kept resizing the decals/flames till I got them in-sync to where they almost perfectly matched the real car. Then, I saved a copy of the flame layer as a PNG and imported it into Inkscape since PSP7's gradients have always had some draw backs with not being crisp sometimes. Then, I went to work redrawing the flames in Inkscape so that they would be truly in vector format and then started working on applying the color changing gradient areas. And as you see in the render above, the results are amazing! Plus, as an added benefit, if somebody ever made a good looking 2048x2048 2001 Chevy for the original Cup mod, it would just take me 15 seconds to export a copy of the flames to fit that size template. :)

Anyways, enjoy!

And a little bit of future tidbit info, I might be releasing what I have done soon. Just need to work on finishing up some brand new pit crews first for some of the cars and do some more renders. More info on this at a later date. ;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  7. rickmastfan67

Yesterday was 9/11, a day that we should never forget what happened on that date back in 2001, 14 years ago, when time stood still. Hopefully, nothing like that will ever again happen in this world.

Anyways, here's a new update for my 9/11 set. Today I'll be showing off the Haas-Carter Motorsports teammates of #26 Jimmy Spencer and #66 Todd Bodine.

#26:
    [​IMG]

Redid the base scheme from the ground up.
    Created brand new car numbers.
    Corrected the 'red' color for the KMart logos. Also worked on them a lot to make them work with the rear-side warp problem areas.
    Darkened the colors a tad for the flag on the hood.
    Made the 'School Spirit' loyalty card from the ground up (and it was a PIA with trying to get the fades just right). Thanks to @JimC for some font help on it.
    Corrected the font for the 'Rescue Teams' text on the rear end of the car.
    Completely remade the 'ST' grills for the front of the car.
    Added missing 'TrueValue' contig decal to the passenger side of the car (was only on that side, wasn't on the driver's side at all). Also flipped the positioning of the 'Goodyear Belts & Hoses' & 'J&E Pistons' decals as well on the right side.
    Fixed the color scheme for the 'Ford Racing' decal on the B-Pillar.
    Flipped the exhaust exit from the driver side to the passenger side.

#66:
    [​IMG]

Redid the base scheme from the ground up.
    Corrected the 'red' color for the KMart logos. Also worked on them a lot to make them work with the rear-side warp problem areas. Including the 'The Blue Light Is Back' text. And special thanks to @John Gamboa for the font help with that text.
    Darkened the colors a tad for the flag on the hood.
    Completely remade the 'ST' grills for the front of the car.
    Created a brand new 'Purina Dog Chow' logo. Still not 100% sure on the color for the 'Dow Chow' text, but I think it's pretty close.
    Redid Todd's firesuit. (not seen in render)
    Completely redid the Pit Crew file. (not seen in render)

Anyways, enjoy this new preview of completed cars. :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  8. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Awesome job on a very difficult carset, for the fact that you have very little to go off of for references. Great job, bud.

11rows0f3 and rickmastfan67 like this.
  9. Driver103

Driver103 *annoyed grunt*

Totally awesome cars man, especially love the #15 and #66. Where can I download these amazing paints schemes?

10. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

He'll probably put the set up for download when he's done with it.

11. Driver103

Driver103 *annoyed grunt*

Ok, just wasn't sure if this had been moved elsewhere or whatever. Last post was September 12th of last year, so wasn't sure if this was still an active forum. My bad.

12. RicardoG

RicardoG 4WideDesigns Painter

13. rickmastfan67

Sorry, couldn't resist. haha.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy with other stuff, plus have been having computer problems (on 3rd mobo since Dec). Anyways, yes, I'm still working on the set. Right now, I'm just doing some decal work for some cars/crews. One of the logos I've been mostly working on has been the elusive 'Dew Crew' for an updated pit crew for the #19 car. Not many shots of the crew out there, but I didn't want to just use the 'default' crew for the #19 (& #9) that came in NR2003 for my car(s). Too many differences between the 2001 & 2003 crews IMO. So, with the limited shots of the crews I could find from 2001, I've just been working on decals when I could in-between the down times due to the mobo problems.

14. rickmastfan67

I assume some of you guys are also on Reddit in the NR2003 subreddit. Well, somebody in the past 24 hours posted my old work on this set, & didn't give me any direct credit for it (Masgrafx Racing got the credit instead since that's where I posted them in the past). Downloaded 3 cars from his Google drive, and verified that they are indeed 100% my work (#11, #18, #99).

Not happy AT ALL, especially with all the work I've been doing on fixing mistakes and other stuff with the set. If I had wanted to repost my old versions, I would have done so a long time ago! So much for people asking first at least.....

And supposedly, some of @SpiderTre 's cars are also in there too (#96 for sure since I didn't do that one yet).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  15. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

Typical Reddit. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

16. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Oh man, I feel your pain...
    Please don't be discouraged though. The rest of us have been waiting years for this updated set to be released. Huge respect for the time commitment and attention you put in to make sure that every last contingency decal is perfect.

17. rickmastfan67

I know, right? Great way to start a day finding out about this. :( And believe it or not, I just registered on Reddit today of all things, and found out about them being posted via this post after I asked on the r/NASCAR if anybody happened to have photos of some of the DNQ cars from the 9/11 race weekend @ Dover.

18. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

I hate crap like that. I'm just glad I don't do that many fictionals without my name on them, except my Dale Jr Fictionals.

19. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Thats r/nr2003 for you and why I never post there. They seem to have the idea that DMCA claims are false because its video game mods and that somehow makes it ok to repost and reupload without an author's permission. The plain fact is any work created by a user is in fact protected under copyright.

There is a reason why modders in say the Fallout 4 community who have had their work stolen recently had Bethesda (the company that makes Fallout 4) remind modders they have the right to file DMCA takedowns. This is the game company that makes Fallout 4 mind you telling modders that the mods they make for Fallout 4 can use DMCA to protect their mods, that is just one powerful example of how created works are owned and protected by mod authors. Paint schemes for NR2003 are no different and fall under the copyright protection too. I don't know why but a lot of users especially on r/nr2003 are uninformed about how copyright actually works and just because something was free to download for a video game doesn't mean they have the right to reupload said work without an author's permission.

Here is the DMCA takedown post from Bethesda in case anyone does not believe me that a video game company did indeed say DMCA takedown for mods are a legit way to fight back from those stealing your mods in a video game, it may be talking about just Fallout 4 but this can aply to any game with modding essentially that is ok with mods being made and used:

Article about it: https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...-fans-call-on-bethesda-to-police-modding.html
    Beth's official statement: https://community.bethesda.net/message/125193#125193

I have no doubt if Papyrus was still around and mods/paints/tracks that were created by users were being stolen they'd say the same exact thing, but since the company is gone it falls on us to remind everyone.

20. SpiderTre

SpiderTre Put the 'riot' in Patriot

that figures. i downloaded the 4, 15, 28, 47, 88 and 96 (all except the 47 & 96 i did USA versions of) and i didn't make any of those. the 96 looks like the one off of Masgrafx's primary scheme set