rickmastfan67's Showroom (showcasing the 2001 9/11 Carset)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by rickmastfan67, May 9, 2013.

1. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

O_O Bruhhhhh thats jacked up, are you gonna report him or something?
    Sorry you have to deal with this
    (I dont know how redit works or even if you can report him)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    rickmastfan67 likes this.
  2. rickmastfan67

rickmastfan67 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I can do. Supposedly the mod there probably wouldn't pull the post down at all, even if I did report it. :/ And I doubt I could escalate it to a higher power @ Reddit.

3. Rika Shinozaki

Dang, thats still so jacked up. This is why i don't post anything on Reddit, just cause of the people.
    Lets just hope an admin does see the post and takes it down, keep up the good work on your September 11th cars!

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

The thread appears to be deleted now so maybe the person who made the thread realized it was a bad idea and removed the link.

5. rickmastfan67

I got a PM from the user a little bit ago on Reddit. He apologized for any problems I had with his roster (if it had been just the roster file itself, there would have never been any problems). He also said he thought renaming the files wouldn't be an issue (well, to be honest, we name files in a way to let people know where they came from after they had downloaded them and put them into their game files). He also apologized and acknowledged that he should have asked the painters first before doing this.

But, I'm glad he maned up to it. Not a lot of people would have, and that's a major plus in my book.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    mtblillie, SpiderTre and Mystical like this.
  6. alfiej

alfiej Well-Known Member

wow sorry for your trouble, but hey I may be the only one , but never heard of reddit?? but yea look forward when these are released to add to that year, with all the new and updated paints Im gonna have to re-run that year lol!! anyway keep up the great work!!! but with anything when its made public its a open door!! and glad it worked out in the end for you.

7. rickmastfan67

Well, let's get this thread 'back on topic' now. lol. WIP preview from the paint shop. ;)

[​IMG]

8. Rika Shinozaki

Eeeeeey that car looks on point!!

9. backdoor

backdoor Member

Will anyone ever release 9/11 Dover2 car set again to download....

10. MrDude68

MrDude68 Don't give me that look

You're kidding me right...

rickmastfan67, Dom, Thunder98 and 4 others like this.
  11. backdoor

backdoor Member

12. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

Clearly not done and I'd imagine he wouldn't want to release them anyway after his incident on Reddit.

13. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

It's taken such a long time to make, and for you to impatiently ask for the set just makes me mad. I don't understand why you can't pick up the paint brush and contribute too, rather make your own set if you want these cars so badly.

What you don't understand, is that there are a low amount of reference pictures to go off of, meaning that @rickmastfan67 has to basically find a needle in a haystack in order to make the awesome content that he does, so for you to attempt to hurry him up with this set just won't work.

Sorry, but I feel like I have to be point blank with this, as it's just really unfortunate that people that don't paint cars themselves beg for the cars to be released.

14. bts15

bts15 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Good to see you back at it, rickmastfan67!

15. backdoor

backdoor Member

sorry........you are right.........

16. Rika Shinozaki

its all good....even tho this is none of my business

17. rickmastfan67

Not totally true, I'm still going to release them. However, I'd prefer to get the 'overhauls' finished before I even consider re-releasing the cars that I had originally done for this set.

Yeah, posts like what he did, does annoy me some. I mean, the best way he could have worded this was to first leave a comment on what he thought about my work on this project. Then maybe ask if there was an ETA on when I might release something. I honestly bet he wouldn't have gotten so much negative feedback from his post if he had did it that way.

Yep, reference pictures are few and far between. Plus, the race coverage was back in the pre-HD age, so, screencaps from the race coverage that was posted on YouTube isn't good at all for cars that are just passing by the camera. That sucks because some of the cars only got a fleeting view and I couldn't be 100% on stuff on the passenger side of some of the cars. Also, some of the cars from that weekend have never even gotten a picture that I know of posted on the internet (DNQ's: #01, #71). However, with the #01, a person who works at Dover said to me in a private message on Reddit, that they have found a picture of the #01 in a photo album of pictures from that weekend with help from the track historian. All they right now have to do is find the disk that the picture is stored on and we might finally see for the first time ever, a pic of the #01 online from that weekend (hoping the disk isn't corrupted)! I'm also crossing my fingers that they also might find another shot of the #27 too, as the single photo I've found of it is insanely small, and is only of the driver's side.

Agreed. I work on this set in my spare time. I can't just 'speed demon' it out, especially when I sometimes have to make brand new decals for the cars because they aren't out there online to download. That sometimes takes a ton of time, especially when there are several decals per car I need to make. I had to create all of those Kellogg's characters you see on the preview of the #5 above. The characters on the original version of the #5 weren't some of my best work (Tony the Tiger wasn't even my work on my original #5, but one posted for the NR2003 community to use), so I took the time to redo them all in Inkscape so I can future proof them and have access to them in the future in case some newer NASCAR game allows mods and we can bring back the 2001 season with accurate models and physics. I was just lucky that I owned Terry's 2001 hauler that I could scan it and get all the characters off of it to retrace except for Snap, Crackle, & Pop. My reference for them was from a picture I had intentionally taken back in 2005 of Kyle's souvenir hauler at Charlotte when I was there for that race weekend. I was dang lucky it was parked in a place with the side I needed pointing out to the main highway to the track. So, I was able to get a clean shot of it, as I knew I would need it in the future for this project.

=====

Anyways, I was trying to get the #5 overhaul finished to be able to show off the final product back on 9/11, but it just wasn't in the cards. Recreating an accurate spoiler for the rear of the car is holding it up. At least I had some practice in making a completely new spoiler with the #24, so, it shouldn't be as hard when I have the free time.

18. backdoor

backdoor Member

With out question, you are a great painter.......I did ask in the wrong way.... And yes there are very little pictures to go on. And when ever you release the set ,I will forever be greatful...... Thank for your time.....

19. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool that people at Dover are helping you in getting pictures for the set.

20. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 I have full control.

Hey @rickmastfan67 with those photos that you have been finding. I'm just wondering if they have Busch photos from that race. Our carsets are from the same year. I was just wondering if you found any.