1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

rickmastfan67's Showroom (showcasing the 2001 9/11 Carset)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by rickmastfan67, May 9, 2013.

1. rickmastfan67

rickmastfan67 Well-Known Member

The few I've seen have been mostly intertwined with Cup photos. There are a few over at Motorsport.com in the Cup gallery. Kenny Wallace has a few Busch photos posted on his Google+ profile as well from that weekend. But other than that, I really haven't seen any.

@LarryFoyt50, I would just recommend to make a post on Reddit like I did. That's how I got in contact originally with the person from Dover. Maybe there's some other users there that also have pictures from that race. ;)

2. rickmastfan67

The life of a perfectionist. lol. By dumb luck, found a 'high-res' picture of the back of Blaney's car that had the 'BP' decal on the back, so, I've finally found out what the 'real' text is beside the BP logo. It's "Lubricants", not "Ultimate". So, another decal to redo for a car, but at least it shouldn't be too hard to make. haha. :)

3. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

i just love how much time you put in (whenever you have time :p) to eatch car

rickmastfan67 likes this.
  4. RicardoG

RicardoG 4WideDesigns Painter

I love your attention to the details @rickmastfan67 , looking forward to this reworked set.

5. de31168

de31168 Well-Known Member

You probably don't need anymore reference material, but here's Happy Hour from that weekend too.

rickmastfan67 and Rika Shinozaki like this.
  6. rickmastfan67

Any extra reference material is always good. :) Still on the look out for a video of Qualifying. That would be the most helpful for the DNQ cars like Rick's #27.

7. rickmastfan67

Well, it's finally update time boys. I've finally found the time to get the #5 overhaul finished. So, I'm going to show it off now. :)

#5:
    [​IMG]

Some of the fixes include the following:
    Rebuild the base scheme from the ground up.
    Redrew all the Kellogg's characters from the ground up in vector format from either personal pictures or my scan of my 2001 #5 hauler. Pop was the only trouble maker, as the picture I took of him on the souvenir hauler had a completely different neck tie compared to the one on the 2001 car. Trying to find a picture showing how exactly it was on the car was a pain in the but, but I finally found an o-k reference from a diecast shot.
    Redid the 'Kellogg's' logos to work way better with the warp problems on the QPs.
    Corrected the 'EA Sports' decal to the late-2001 version from the early-2001 one.
    Created a custom made Aeroquip contig decal of the 2000 version of the decal, as for some unknown reason, they ran it here at this, and only this race weekend in 2001.
    All the associate sponsor decals (including the USA ones) have been completely overhauled, including the 'GIANT' one to add in the missing text below it (the supermarket's catch-phrase).
    Created brand new car numbers for the car (which includes the mostly missed 'registered' icon that's on the side numbers).
    Brand new custom made rear spoiler (hard to see on the render because of the model I use).
    Overhauled firesuit for Terry (not visible on render).
    Brand new custom made pit crew for the car (not visible on render).

Enjoy and if you see anything wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know so I can correct it on any of the cars I've shown off in this thread. ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Jr_Fan, SpiderTre, Tetronix and 3 others like this.
  8. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

that looks soo amazing!!

9. RicardoG

RicardoG 4WideDesigns Painter

Your work is simply amazing, love your attention to details!