Updated

Rock smith kicked my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last year I stoped teaching my self guitar. I was getting good at it with a few months of work. To me the guitar is not that hard to learn. Once you know some cords and what not its pretty easy. Before I hear I should pay for lessons. Lessons are like 70 dollars per half hour. Any more you can get every thing on line for free. Also some of the best guitar players in the world are self taught.

So today I bought rock smith for the ps3 just for giggles I said. Man I should have never stopped learning. I use to be able to just slid my hands and know what fret I was on. I couldn't even get better then 72% on single notes on a rolling stone song. My fingers and hand hurts. I guess I have to get back to building of the calluses and have my hand use to playing guitar. This time I wont stop learning. I may never be Eddy Van Halen good. But I can still be a pretty good guitarist.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
Been dying to try out Rock Smith but I dont have much free time. Well my kids dont like sharing the game systems ether. Is it pretty educational?

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It can be educational and it cant be. It will teach you cords, cord structure, and what not. I haven't gotten to far in to it yet. But cords and cord structures you can get off line or in a book. I bought it for just messing around. It won't teach you every thing. The same gos for teachers. But teachers teach you there way. I think that is why guitar players really don't have a style any more. People are afraid to break away from what there taught.

Thanks BudgieKeet for that site. I will bookmark it.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
I can play pretty good, or i could its been a awhile. My wife has been playing for over twenty years and is really badass, Would like to learn a few things in a new way rather than by ear or learning sheet music.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool your wife plays. I don't know a single woman that would want to learn. They say they have better stuff to do. Or its to hard to learn. Come on within a few hours I learned a few basic chords on my own.

If this tone deaf untalented guy can play so can they. Plus I think guitar helped with me being tone deaf. My buddy was playing around with my guitar steel guitar style. Mine you he knows nothing about guitar. But he can play piano. He was going through the scales and I was telling him what scale it was. He was surprised I knew all of them. After a few minutes he was busting out songs he knew from the piano. So if some one that never held a guitar let alone a right handed guitar. He is left handed by the way. If he can play a guitar any one can.

I was talking to my brothers ex a few weeks ago. She asked what she should do for fun. I am like well play video games or learn to play guitar. Then she is like yea I do need a hobby. I am like a guitar is a good hobby. I told her she could get a pink strat and a 100watt Marshall. Then she could really piss off the people next door. She didn't like that idea to munch.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool your wife plays.
Its pretty sweet cause it always makes Christmas shopping for her easy. Bought her a few signed Joe Satrian Ibanez over the last few years.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yea I guess that makes Christmas easy. Shoot its also better then Diamonds. It might not be cheaper but it is a better investment. At lest if some thing happens you can sell the guitars quicker and almost get full retail.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
For a second, I totally thought this thread was about you getting beat up buy a guy named Rock Smith.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Shoot if some one named rock smith did kick my butt. I think I would brag. Its like when Bam met the guy with a name Duchon Mandic. No one would believe you that was the guys name.

Back to the game. I made it a little farther. I still haven't explored every thing. But there is like 50 or so songs in the game. I like how I can play any song in like 10 different ways. You can learn it a single note at a time. Then once your use to it you can play chords. You can also break down the song in parts. If you want to learn a bit at a time you can. They also let you replay sections. I haven't gotten in to that.

Here is the bad. Tunning. You have to prove you guitar is tune before every song. Really I didn't think a guitar can go out of tune in 4 minutes. My guitar sat for over a year. I was barely out of tune. That reminds me I should grab my tunner and see how true Rocksmith is. there is one more thing about tunning. I had to drop down to a drop d. I only had to tune the fattest e sting to a d. I should have had to tune them all.

The load times get old fast. I am not use to load time this slow on the ps3. Its almost like old ps2 load times. I play a 4 minute song. But i swear it take about 1 minute to get to the next song. Also the auto save is dumb. I am going to see if that can be changed. If I go back to the main menu and change nothing. It still auto saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.