1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Scott Pruitt Resigns as Head of the EPA

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by Junebugrocks88, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

2. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

Had no idea he quit racing... :rolleyes:

3. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

:D Best news this year.

starscream24 likes this.
  4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Pretty sure most people who have been on here a while know my political leanings.
    That being said, I'm actually kind of glad he's out; he was bringing the wrong kind of attention, and his alleged actions were very 'swampy'. It's a bad look.

From here, in my opinion, the EPA needs to be a state level thing. I see no reason for overblown government oversight in this regard. Totally something that can be handled at the state level with a state elected or governor appointed official. Same with many of the other departments. State level offers more effective management because it is more localized and thus reactions/inspections/enforcement/legislation can be tailored to the state's needs.

5. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

That just won't work unless all the states agree to one set of pollution regulations and god knows that won't ever happen. California only gets away with having separate pollution regs because there is so many people living there that the auto companies are willing to spend the money altering vehicles to be sold in California.

6. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Aren't you completely missing the point though?

RacerXero84 and nj9703 like this.
  7. RacerXero84

While he has something of a point, in terms of pollution levels (which is easily mitigated as a minimum federal base level to be enforced per state), there is literally nothing else that cannot be handled in a more localized manner, and I still hold fast to localized versions being more beneficial and less costly. As it is, you have the federal EPA, and state level enforcement branches. It's redundant, and the federal level wastes tax dollars. If we managed to reduce the redundancy and oversight on a federal level for all agencies, I would go as far as to say we wouldn't be having as much trouble funding infrastructure using the difference. Something to mull over.

MrDude68 and joeykraus19 like this.
  8. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Good points, there is a lot of redundancy at the federal level that could be done away with however with some local and state people able to be bought by some multi-million dollar company's there should be some minimum federal oversight.

One thing that could be done away with is the way the EPA lab tests vehicles for both pollution and fuel economy. They should be doing real world testing on a track instead of in a building.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  9. RacerXero84

Could make that Congressional oversight, as in another committee, not like Congress has been doing a lot, certainly not to the level of their respective pay amounts lol
    This way no additional costs are incurred, just roll it into their responsibilities.