Season 6 Championship Weekend: Homstead Miami

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jul 29, 2016.

1. TColeman12

TColeman12 Moderator Moderator

12CC: "68 got it!!!!!"
    12Radio: "WOOHOO, TEAM PARTY!!!!"
    12CC: "Nice finish, wish we could have gotten by Hoop there, but I'll take 2nd."

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Hooper.png

Hooper wins final race, falls short in title hunt

John Hooper, Sr. was celebrating a championship here last year and once again he will be celebrating this time with a win. Hooper did everything he could to defend his title but came up short in the final race. Still closing out with a win is nothing to feel sad about and I'm sure they will feel good in victory lane.

Trey Coleman closes out the season with two 2nd place finishes. Coleman unable to hold off Hooper gave it all he had and some after hitting the wall while in pursuit of the 11. Coleman needed just a little bit more to be able to take the win but he closes out the season with two great runs and will now look ahead to next year.

Tim Kunkel comes away with a 3rd place finish to wrap up his 2016 campaign. Kunkel seemingly came out of nowhere in the 2nd half, even taking the lead at one point. Kunkel not quite enough to challenge the top 2 but he can't be too dissatisfied with a 3rd place run.

Full Results:
    SRDCupMiamiResults.png

Missimer.png

Kyle Missimer holds on, wins 2016 SimRacingDesign Cup Series Championship

Kyle Missimer came into the final race tied at the top of the points and he knew what kind of performance it would take to walk away a champion. Missimer spent over half the race in the top 5 and 10 but almost gave it away in the late stages after contact with outside wall. Missimer was able to hold on finishing just behind Dan Busch who falls only 4 points short of another championship. Missimer will celebrate the drivers championship, the owners championship, and also join the other Ford drivers as they celebrate the manufacturers championship.

Official Points:
    Points.png

Missimer Motorsports takes the team championship after 3 wins and a drivers title. They beat out today's race winning team by 7 points in the final results.

Scott Lounsberry is your 2016 rookie of the year just edging out Jacob Craigo by 2 points. Lounsberry with a rough day after early contact with the wall but no one else was able to capitalize and steal the ROTY honors from him.

Ford pulls ahead of Chevy in the final race and is your 2016 manufacturer of the year. They won 7 of the 16 races this season and were able to win by just 5 points.

Points2.png

That should do it for 2016. Not sure who will be doing this next year but whoever it is good luck. I hope everyone enjoyed this season as much as I did and congrats to all the race winners and champions.

Zoom - "A solid day from us after a poor start to the race. We got the car where we needed it after the final pit stop we just didn't have the track position. I would've liked to win the race or even the championship in my final outing but I can't be upset with our performance. It will be tough to retire but I'm ready and I enjoyed racing with everyone here in the Cup series. Congrats to Kyle on the title, we worked together in Indycar and it's cool to see him get one. I wish it was me but being the winningest Cup driver isn't too bad I guess. Thanks to my sponsors for this season, Petronas and Milwaukee. Also a shout out to Oracle for coming on board for the throwback race last weekend. It was fun and good luck to all the drivers racing next season, put on a show for the fans."

TColeman12 and Chevellion like this.
  3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Statistics from 2016:

Stats.png

Stats2.png

Stats3.png

With the chase format, Wesley Slates would've been your 2016 Cup champion with his 6th place finish in today's race.

SRD Cup Chase Grid 2016 Round 4.png

4. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain Moderator

"Congrats to Hooper on the win, and Missimer on the Championship! We may not be teammates in the series, but he gave me a heck of a team in the tuck series, so I'm happy for him. Proud of our team as well for getting us out from some today, as well as grabbing us a win earlier in this season. V2E is making some good steps forward, and I expect further progress in seasons to come."

5. Chevellion

Chevellion Well-Known Member

Time to party!!!

[​IMG]

TColeman12 likes this.
  6. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Also just want to point out Alkiz Ahlbrand would've been the champion by 20 points over Scott Lounsberry if they were running for points. Missimer would've been 3rd, 24 points behind.

7. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

"Down year. I'll be back."

8. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

"Welp. Not the best introductory year for this series, but we'll be there next season. Don't you worry."

9. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

'Sweet! #93 Sig Sauer Chevy finished where we needed to today. Rough start but glad we didn't get into any of the points runners and ruin anyone's run for the championship. Nice to bring home the ROTY trophy! Good close fight to the end. Big thanks to Joyce Racing, for bringing us on-board this year. Congrats to Slates on winning the championship! I think it's safe to say, we are running for points next year boys!'

nj9703 likes this.
  10. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

"Well, we obviously just didn't bring it today. We couldn't make adjustments to keep up with the track, and I didn't do well at all on restarts. Just a rough day. I'm upset obviously. I'll never get over it, you never get over losing a title, a Cup title at that. But we're proud of what we accomplished. As a brand new, overhauled team with a rookie driver, we came out, won a race, finished in the top 10 consistently, and lead the points for a time. Came into the final race with a shot at winning it all. That's nothing to be ashamed with. We're gonna do whatever we can to be back next year in the same situation, and get the title next year."

db512 likes this.
  11. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

JG#29: "Well, what can I say? Congrats to Kyle on winning the 2016 SRD Cup championship. As for me, I knew it was going to be a long shot because all the other championship contenders would have to have had some sort of misfortune, either from getting taken out in wrecks or having mechanical failures, in order for us to win the title. As for this race, we have never been able to hit on a setup that actually works. I really hated seeing Matt blow up. We'll need to work on a few things over the long off-season, mainly getting more consistent with qualifying for all three teams, and our mile and a half program needs work as well, so we are going to be plenty busy once again. See you all at Daytona in 2017!"

James

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    DERacing likes this.
  12. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Hate it for everyone at Xtreme Motorsports. We came into this races with 2 drivers having legitimate shot at the title and neither one brought it home. That being said I am proud of all three of our teams this season. This has been by far and away the best season for us as a whole team Darren (@Darren Ingram) and Dakota (@KnightHoarder) did a great job all season long. Disappointed e didn't bring home the championship with our #9 JEGS Bass Pro Chevy team but congrats the Kyle (@Chevellion) he did everything he needed to do. The track just didn't go through the shifts we thought it would so we were left to play catch up the rest of the day. We were close at the end but really it was too late. Also disappointed we couldn't bring home a win this season for everyone on this team and back at the shop. But we will take everything from this season and go into the off-season and build a stronger team for 2017."

Also thanks for everyone that helped run the season this year you all did a great job all season long!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  13. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Have to congratulate @Chevellion. What a solid run in the clutch. Happy to call him a friend.

As for us, we had potential to come away with this Cup but we got cold and never really got hot again. We should be back. Between having NESN Fuel on the No. 17 and, shit, having it in real life has been incredible. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
    On to Daytona. We're so ready for it.

Chevellion likes this.
  14. nj9703

nj9703 SRD Truck Series Director

"phhhhhhh Where do I start? Emotional day for me man. I never want these things to end. End of the season and we close out with the Rookie of the Year title for Scott. Hey, I said we'd get a banner this season haha. I hate that Nick had a very lackluster season. That won't happen next year. I'll be running for points next year in this series, so we'll have three guys to fight for the title. A big thanks to Chevrolet for this season, but we'll be better than ever next season with Toyota, I can feel it...... I just want to thank everyone on this team man. I hired these guys from the short track teams, Michael Waltrip Racing, Phil Parsons Racing. I just threw together a team and hoped it stuck. It did, they worked their butts off and we just didn't get to show it much. Thank you to all of our sponsors, Aaron's, Lilly Diabetes, Sig Sauer, Oakley, PSD Underwear, AccuDoc Solutions, Kroger, Krispy Kreme, Northrop Grumman, Axalta, Hinterland Studios, and Coca-Cola. I also want to thank the good Lord, and my family and friends. Unfortunately, Aaron's and Lilly have informed me they won't be returning next season. Congrats to John on the win, and of course to Kyle on winning the championship. We'll be back, and we're gonna win big. We're gonna win so big. Time to go celebrate the rookie of the year title with Scott."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    SAL likes this.
  15. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

@DoubleAughtMike00: "Congrats boss! @Chevellion; now we can plan on sweeping the titles in Indy! Well deserved 2nd overall title!!!"

Chevellion likes this.
  16. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

Well, *runs fingers through hair* we fought hard and got the win, but we were so far behind in points that it was damn near impossible to catch up. I have to hand it to the guys working on this Anheuser Busch Camry. We tried to make history and just fell a bit short, but I guess a win and coming this close to defending the championship isn't all that bad. Congrats to Kyle. He's a class act in a great organization.

Chevellion likes this.
  17. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

@TKunkel15- Great way to close out the season, can't be the only one happy to see this season finally come to an end. #BringOnDaytona

18. TColeman12

TColeman12 Moderator Moderator

"Great way to close out the season, I blame myself for getting in the wall there. Everyone was laying down oil and the officials couldn't see it, but us drivers noticed it. Congrats to Kyle on the championship, I'm planning a team party. Gotta go down to Championship victory lane and talk to him. 15th in points isn't bad for Cup, hopefully you see us competing for a championship next year. Big things coming, stay tuned."

Chevellion likes this.
  19. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Well, it was certainly an interesting season of ups and downs. This race was a great way to end if off, though. We had a really fast race car on the long runs, and being able to put it in the top 10 was a fantastic way to end the season for Asher Racing and for this Asics Chevy team."

20. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

"I wanna congratulate Kyle Missimer and everyone on the 68 team for winning the championship. They are going to be up late celebrating that championship win, I'm sure! Hate it for my guys here at Xtreme Motorsports. Darren Ingram and Dan Busch weren't able to bring home the title but still had great runs and were able to compete for a championship in Cup which is huge. Hopefully I can be there next season. Today my #4 car was absolute garbage all race long. I can't thank Dan Busch enough for giving me this opportunity last season and for bringing me back this season. I'm coming back with a vengeance because I wanna get my first career win badly! There might be some sponsorship changes for next season but none of my sponsor will be leaving that's for sure."

db512 and Chevellion like this.