Season 6, Race 12: Richmond

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 190: Scott he misses the bottom just a bit in turn 1 and Lennox pounces! Off turn 2 side by side for the lead! Scott way up top and Lennox down on the yellow line. Off of 4 to the line give it to Lennox by a nose! 10 laps to go!

[​IMG]

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 191: Scott not giving in gets a great run on the outside in turns 1 and 2 almost clears Lennox into 3. Lennox comes back but off of 4 Scott with a nose out in front retakes the lead!

Lap 192: Still side by side for the lead and Scott with the edge down the back once again. Through 3 and 4 Lennox closes back in but Scott has the momentum and once again has just the nose ahead at the line as they drag race back to turn 1.

Lap 193: Scott seems to be better in 1 and 2 and Lennox better in 3 and 4. This time Scott clears off of 2 and goes back to the bottom into 3. Both drivers battling hard for the win and they are pulling away from 3rd.

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 195: Scott with a slight gap to Lennox now will try and get around Farrell into turn 1. He can't do it and Lennox closes right back up to his rear bumper into 3. Lennox stays in line as they race to the line and see 5 to go!

Lap 196: Five laps to go and we are in for a great battle. Scott trying to fend off his teammate at Richmond. Scott with a bobble off of 2 and Lennox pulls to his inside into 3. Side by side once again off of 4 and Scott half a car ahead at the line!

4. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 197: 4 to go and they race each other into turn 1. Scott on the outside has been really good up there and once again he clears the 18 off of 2. He gets about a car length ahead into 3. Behind them Devin Mahoney has raced into 3rd but is 2.9 seconds behind with 3 to go.

Lap 198: 3 to go for Scott as he stares at the 26 out the windshield, with the 18 filling up his mirrors. He gets loose off of 2 again and Lennox gets to his inside into 3! Dead even off of 4 and to the line give it to Scott as they see 2 to go!

Zack Webster's engine finally lets go and he will just miss the end of the race.

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 199: 2 to go and we are side by side for the lead! Scott has been good in turns 1 and 2 on the top and yes he does it again, he clears the 18 off the corner and moves down to the bottom into 3. He doesn't make it all the way down and Lennox is there to his left rear! To the line they see the white flag!

[​IMG]

Tim2488 likes this.
  6. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 200: White flag in the air! Lennox packs it in to turn 1 on the bottom. Scott trying to keep the car under him on the top off of 2 and they are dead even! Lennox has been better in 3 and 4! Here we go final corner, Lennox to the bottom, Scott way high he misses the entry! Lennox clear off of 4 but Scott is charging back!

[​IMG]

Off of 4 and Shane Lennox wins it with a last lap pass! Scott comes home 2nd, Mahoney 3rd, Ahlbrand 4th, and O'Reilly 5th.

[​IMG]

Jagnole3 and Tim2488 like this.
  7. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Very happy for Tim and his team. We can rebound from this awful day but it'll take a lot of work. I believe in this No. 17 team.

Jagnole3 likes this.
  8. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Checkers, top 10. Lennox beat Scott to the line."

That is awesome and disappointing at the same time haha, that's a win this organization needed! Beers are on Lennox tonight!

Jagnole3 likes this.
  9. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lennox.png

Lennox steals win with last corner, last lap pass at Richmond

Shane Lennox comes away with a win at Richmond leading just 2 laps out of the 200 run on the 3/4 mile short track. Lennox spent the last 20 laps in an all out war with teammate Zachary Scott. Lennox made his move on the final corner and with help by an error from Scott was able to get his car ahead at the line to take the win. With the win Lennox jumps up to 5th in points, just 8 out of the lead as we have just 4 races remaining. This 18 team may be peaking at the right time.

Zachary Scott comes home a heartbreaking 2nd, getting beat in the final corner. Scott was doing a great job holding off his teammate but a mistake getting into turn 3 cost him a shot a beating Lennox to the line. Scott will need more runs like this in the remaining races if he wants to stay in title contention.

Devin Mahoney finishes up a solid 3rd on the night. Mahoney led laps and ran in the top 5 practically the whole race. An all around solid performance out of this team. Although they are pretty much out of the race for the championship, they can still salvage the season by continuing to have runs like this.

Full Results:
    SRDCupRichmondResults.png

Points after 12 races:
    Points.png

Points2.png

Next week we head to Canada for a road course race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. Just 4 races remain in the 2016 season and we have 5 drivers within just 8 points of the championship lead. Kyle Missimer, excellent at road courses, could move into that #1 position with a good run next weekend.

Tim2488 and Jagnole3 like this.
  10. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Zoom - "Really up and down day for this Milwaukee Fusion. We we're just about perfect that first run and the car had that feeling of just dominating the whole race. We came in under that yellow and we made a slight change and the car was a piece of junk after that. I don't know what happened but it was a dump truck out there. Really screwed our whole race up. I can't believe we actually salvaged a top 10 after that. We need to run better than this if we want to catch back up in the points. Me and Everett aren't too far out but we have to start running top 5 every week the next 4 races to even have a shot."

11. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

"Rookie of the year standings are ruined. Joyce Racing used to be 2nd through 4th. Shoot I was in the lead last week. Time to get ready for another awful run next week."

12. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

"Very happy with a P8 finish. We needed to get back on track and get back closer to the points lead. Being 3 points out, and going to a road course next week, I'm really confident we can take the points lead, and I believe we'll contend for the win."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  13. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Moved up from P39 in qualifying to P38 in the race. Huge W.

14. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

Better than you getting ran into the pit road wall in the original race

Dom, Tetronix and frow78 like this.
  15. Jagnole3

Jagnole3 Well-Known Member

The 18 Coors Light Chevy rolls into victory lane surrounded by cameras and crew members. The car comes to a stop and immediately several crew members dive inside the driver window and congratulate the driver. The Coors twins make their way to the victory circle and surround the car. Shane collects his thoughts and finally emerges through the window and pumps his fists into the air letting out a loud yell! Shane grabs a can of Coors and chugs it next to his race car as Marty Snider makes his way over.

Marty: Shane, you have just scored a huge win at Richmond in dramatic fashion! How the heck did you pull that off?

Shane: Oh my God, did that just happen?! Holy cow! Man, let me freakin tell ya. This team has busted their rear ends for this moment and we've been so dang close. That car came to life in the second half of this race and we just took off! We were dialed in and just waiting for an opening and Zach over drove that last corner and I just stood on it and held on for dear life that it'd stick. Big ups to Zach! He drove his butt off and he's gonna get his real soon.

Marty: Shane, it seems this team has been really turning the corner and putting it all together. Are you all title contenders now after this win?

Shane: Oh man, I'd like to think so. I think we've got all it takes. These boys keep building incredible cars for us and Jimmy makes fantastic calls on the box all day. I gotta thank all the boys at Coors Light, Spotify, Chevy. This is a heck of a group and I'm having more fun than I've ever had driving a car. We're gonna party all night tonight, Marty! Wooo!!! The drinks are on us tonight, boys!

Shane grabs another beer and pours it over some crew members and takes a picture with the Coors girls...

Tim2488 likes this.
  16. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

'Man that was tough! Hate it for Joyce Racing and the whole #93 Sig Sauer team! We were looking promising until we hit the pits. I don't know what went wrong, but we were never able to make that lap back. ROTY points-wise for us was kind of bad too. But we will try to bounce back next week! Sorry boss!'

nj9703 likes this.
  17. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain:. "The past few weeks have been very frustrating, so it was great to have the freedom to try something different, and for it to work. Although 15th isn't great, it is certainly a good finish, and is a lot closer to what this 97 Asher Racing Reese's team deserved that what we've been getting the past few races."

18. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

JG#29: "Finished 37th after starting on pole. This is so typical of us. Every time we qualify well, our race goes to shit for one reason or another. I don't know what happened to Ryan there, maybe he ran over something and cut a tire. You'd have to ask him. Great to see Matt get a Top 5, they really needed a good finish after all of the horrible luck they've been having. Oh, well. On to the road course at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park next week."

James

19. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Well can't say I am happy after a run like that. I thought we may have something there after the first caution but the handling just didn't stay and we fell back. I wanted to pit on the last caution but no one else was making a move so we stayed out. But we held on to the points lead for a second week and Darren is right behind us for a 1-2 for Xtreme. Thanks to Bass Pro Shops, JEGS, Chevy, AT&T, and Nationwide for all the support. We will head to Canada and continue our push towards a second Championship."

20. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

We screwed up. We had a fast car but got behind the 8-ball after that piss poor qualifying effort. We battled hard, but the car fell off at the end and we had a lackluster finish. We need to be better if we want another championship.