1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Season 6, Race 14: Outward

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 97: Missimer now with a big push from the 21 of Zumwalt and he noses ahead into the lead. Everett moves down to join the 2 Fords but O'Reilly has the 3 wound up in the outside lane and will come around all 3 of those Fusions and lead lap 97.

Lap 98: Missimer now with Everett behind him moves ahead of O'Reilly who still sits up in the top lane. Now Everett wants the lead from Missimer and he pulls out of line. That slows them down and O'Reilly comes back surging around the outside and he will go right by them once again and lead at the line with 3 to go!

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 99: 2 to go as they cross the line O'Reilly now moves down in front of Missimer to protect the lead. They're coming up on 4 cars slow form crash damage but they are racing 3 wide. O'Reilly off of 4 has a road block ahead of him as he sees the white flag! 1 to go and he gets trapped in!

[​IMG]

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 100: 2 miles to go and the whole lead pack is stuck behind the slower cars that were racing 3 wide! Now they go 4 wide down the back! Everett has clear track and he moves into the lead! O'Reilly and Missimer stuck behind the slower cars are boxed in as they race towards turn 3!

[​IMG]

4. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

The suspense

5. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

6. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Talk about rare

7. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Everyone wrecks in 3 and a Joyce Racing car wins right? lol

frow78 likes this.
  8. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 100: Everett into 3 with no pressure and off of 4, Chris Everett will win at Outward by virtue of lapped traffic! Laryson comes through with 2nd and 3rd goes to Sean English. O'Reilly boxed in fell back to 10th as he crossed the line.

[​IMG]

9. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

"I have to apologize to all the guys caught in the wreck I caused by coming up into Slates."

10. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

[​IMG]

Everett steals win at Outward after last lap debacle with slower cars

Chris Everett grabs his first win of the season at Outward after putting his car in the right place at the right time on the final lap. Everett seemingly had no chance of getting a win as they crossed the line for the white flag but after the leaders got boxed in by slower cars, Everett was able to sneak by 4 wide on the bottom and steal the win in the final half lap.

Bob Laryson with an incredible run in 2nd. Laryson was one of the drivers who was a lap down for most of the race but got a lap back under the final caution and caught a lucky break on the last lap that allowed him room to move up into 2nd for the finish. Laryson has to be pleased with a 2nd place after spending a solid 80 laps a lap down.

Sean English with an average day comes away with 3rd. English ran up front a few times and just kind of stuck around and made the right choice off turn 2 by following Laryson and Everett. English able to also get around the slower cars and benefit by picking up a 3rd place finish here at Outward.

Full Results:
    SRDCupOutwardResults.png

Points with 2 races to go:
    Points.png

Points2.png

Next week is the throwback race so if you want to run a special scheme be sure to get it to my by Thursday so I can get it in the race.

games123 likes this.
  11. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

#54: "That's how you make a recovery! Great job boys!"

#54: "You tell me, you watched. I was just going where my spotter told me to."

Reporter: " You now have taken over the Rookie point lead with 2 more races to go. Do you think you can hold them off?"

#54: "It will be tough but I believe this Axe/Xfinity team is capable of doing so."

Reporter: "So it must be a great night for your team then with you taking the ROTY point lead, and OPP, Inc. taking the team points also!"

#54: "That's cool, I didn't know we helped OPP, Inc. into the team lead. Anyways see you in Myrtle Beach, we got a special Kyle Busch/ Bobby Labonte Interstate Batteries tribute, which I am sure some fans will enjoy."

12. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

CR #99- "Lead lap finish, car in one piece, and laps led. Not much more you can ask for at a Super Speedway race. Congrats to Scott for the top 10."

13. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

@NoJoy24- "3/4 cars finished so that's good. Sucks none of them were for points. I feel really bad for @iamnickflaitz this season."

@NoJoy24- "Big news coming from Joyce Racing this week #SillySeasonInJuly"

Muddslide likes this.
  14. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

"All in all, we can't get too upset over the final result. We were dead last a lap down at one point, but kept digging ourselves out of that hole to have a chance at the win. 2nd time this season we're sitting on top of the points as well. Here's hoping we can hoist that trophy in Miami!"

TColeman12 likes this.
  15. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Had a great car but we got behind after that green flag pit stop, and that put us in a spot where we didn't need to be. The car got some nose damage and we just couldn't keep up as well anymore. But these guys on the Bass Pro Shops, JEGS Chevy did an awesome job and gave me a great car and that's all I could ask. We lost the point lead but we are still right there, I like our chances. Myrtle Beach will be a bit of a crap shoot but we always run great at Homestead so it is far from over."

16. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

@Zoom Do the team standings include part time teams in the scoring? Cause I am surprised with where are 3 teams at Xtreme are that we are so far behind in the team standings.

17. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

The team standings counts all drivers regardless if they race for points or not. It's the same as in real life, the car can get owner points even the though the driver may not receive points themselves. The way it is calculated though is completely different. Only the top 10 finishers receive points for their team:

1st - 15 points
    2nd - 12 points
    3rd - 10 points
    4th - 8 points
    5th - 6 points
    6th - 5 points
    7th - 4 points
    8th - 3 points
    9th - 2 points
    10th - 1 point

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

db512 likes this.
  18. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

'6th place finish for the #93 Joyce Racing Sig Sauer Chevy! Good run all day. The boys kept digging in the pits and kept us where we needed to be. Made up a few points towards ROTY so should be interesting the last few races!'

19. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads

JG#29: "Started 9th and finished 13th. Avoided the big wrecks and brought the car home in one piece. Nice to see Matt finish 10th, with my other teammate Joey right behind him in 11th, so for all three SRD, Inc. cars to finish in the top 15 after the bad luck we've had on the superspeedways this year, we'll take it and go on to Myrtle Beach next week. Moved up one position in the points to 11th, but I'd like to try to break into the top 10 before the season is over."

James

DERacing likes this.
  20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Well... That race about sums up the Mobile one's year in a nutshell. Felt good to be talked about contending for a win though. We'll get em next week.

jgegner likes this.