1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Season 6, Race 15: Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 191: 10 to go for Ahlbrand, his lead just 1.5 seconds now as Coleman and Gegner close. Coleman has the 29 all over his rear bumper but so far has kept the 29 at bay. DesRosiers to pit road for an unscheduled stop. The 23 was on the lead lap but will now lose a bunch of spots with some kind of problem.

Lap 194: Ahlbrand may be in the clear with a 1.6 second lead over Coleman who has done an excellent job keeping the 29 behind him. Caudill has raced up to 4th now but is too far back. Harris still 5th. Dan Busch making a statement late as he is up to 11th trying to finish strong and take the points lead into Homestead.

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 196: Ahlbrand sees 5 to go as he crosses the line. He is maintaining that 1.6 second lead over Coleman who keeps blocking the 29 from completing a pass. Caudill 4th, Harris 5th, Slates 6th, Craigo 7th, Mahoney 8th, Lounsberry 9th, and Webster the top 10.

Lap 197: Ahlbrand still with plenty of space out front. Without a mistake it looks like he will pick up his 2nd win of the season. Further back we see another car on pit road and it's Dan Busch! Busch was running 11th but now is on pit road. This will change everything as we go into the final race.

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

[​IMG]

Lap 200: Ahlbrand to the line sees the white flag. No one in front and a 1.7 second lead out the back. He races through 1 and 2, no mistakes, down the back and into 3. Smooth through 4 and to the line. Ahlbrand will take the win at Myrtle Beach! Coleman holds on in 2nd and James Gegner comes home 3rd.

[​IMG]

4. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

"Attaboy @ThatOneShredder and @HMS88 ! Missimer Motorsports 1-2! Just gotta hope we didn't screw the pooch on our championship hopes."

TColeman12 likes this.
  5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Ahlbrand.png

Ahlbrand grabs 2nd win of season, takes checkers in throwback race at Myrtle Beach

Alikz Ahlbrand uses late race pit strategy to take home the win in the 2nd to last race of the season. Ahlbrand becomes the only driver through 15 races to win more than once as we now look ahead to the final weekend in Miami. Ahlbrand not racing for points so he won't hold back next Sunday as we finish up the season.

Trey Coleman with a great run finishing 2nd tonight to his teammate at Missimer Motorsports. Coleman didn't run up front much at all this race but followed the same strategy as the 66 and comes away with a runner up finish. Coleman looking for a similar run next week to cap off his rookie campaign.

James Gegner, what could've been for the 29 team. Gegner the leader under the last yellow decided to pit with 25 to go. Gegner came out 10th on track but with a horde of lapped cars started deep in the field. Gegner was able to race up to 3rd with 10 to go but stalled out, unable to get by the 12. Still a solid run for the 29 team as they will now prepare for the last race of the season.

Full Results:
    SRDCupMyrtleResults.png

Points with just 1 race left:
    Points.png

With just 1 race remaining we have a tie at the top of the charts. Kyle Missimer and Darren Ingram will head into next weekend equal on points as they will battle for the title. Dan Busch right there with them just 4 points behind after having to pit with 3 to go. Don't count out Shane Lennox or Chris Everett either as they are within striking distance as well. In fact the top 10 all have a chance at taking home the championship next weekend. We are in for a good one next week.

Points2.png

Missimer Motorsports takes command of the team standings with a 1-2 finish tonight. Opp, Inc. will be their main rivals going into the final race with just 10 points separating them.

Lounsberry and Laryson tie for the ROTY title going into the final race with Craigo and Ingram just 3 points behind them as well. The ROTY chase will also be an exciting one next weekend.

Finally Ford takes over the top spot in the Manufacturer race. With a 1-2 finish they jump up to just a 3 point lead over Chevy for the final race. Which ever one wins next weekend will likely take that battle.

That's it from Myrtle Beach. Hopefully splitting this up didn't make it less enjoyable. Next week we cap off the 2016 season at Homestead-Miami and we will have a bunch of story lines going into the weekend. Championship clinching scenarios will be gone over as well and I'll get statistics up from the 2016 season at the conclusion of the race.

*Also if anyone is curious I came home 9th for the 400. Not bad for a terrible race on my part, especially in the top split.

frow78 and TColeman12 like this.
  6. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Webster: "This team has done an amazing job turning things around after so many seasons of terrible luck since winning the championship in 2012. We picked up the win at Kansas and we came home with a solid 11th place finish tonight. It would take a lot to happen, but we still have a shot at taking home the championship next weekend at Homestead. Regardless of what happens next weekend, I'm proud of these guys for getting it turned back around, and maybe we can continue to carry some positivity into the 2017 season."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    frow78 likes this.
  7. nj9703

nj9703 Non sibi sed patriae

"Boy am I beat. In more ways than one. First we had one of those typical Myrtle Beach rain storms that pushed us deep into the night here. Plus we finished 20th. Not bad, but not great. We've still got work to do. One more race, I just hope Scott can pull off the rookie of the year. Really proud of the 92 and 93 teams for their top 10s. Wish we could've done better here, I've always wanted to race here since I come to Myrtle Beach when I go on vacation, but it was fun. Looking forward to Homestead. Been a fun, long ride so far and I bet Homestead will seal the deal nicely. Congrats to Alikz and the Missimer Motorsports guys. Gonna go have a talk with Connor, I don't like my cars on their sides."

*opens Diet Coke, walks off looking for Connor*

(Also, good race Jeremy. I was watching a live stream from the 13's perspective)

SAL, frow78 and TColeman12 like this.
  8. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Yeah I clocked the turn 3 wall like 20 laps in, ruined the straight line speed. That's what I get for not practicing.

Also forgot to update this for those curious. I also had it all jacked up after the first round... Updated the drivers that advanced to round 2 to the correct ones and now have the championship 4 added.

SRD Cup Chase Grid 2016 Round 3.png

Dom and TColeman12 like this.
  9. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads

JG#29: "3rd place? Hell yeah I'll take it! After starting 28th, it's great to come home with a top 5 finish. I wish my teammates Joey and Matt were up there with me, but then again we moved up three more positions in the driver points to 8th. We won't be a contender for the championship for next week's season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, but it'd be nice to cap off the 2016 season with another win just to upset the apple carts of the championship contenders."

James

DERacing likes this.
  10. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

"Great finish for this #12 Sport Clips Fusion. The team gave us a great car. Congrats to @ThatOneShredder on the win. One more race in our rookie campaign. Hopefully Kyle can get that championship next week"

11. TColeman12

Well, now I wish we were running the chase. Because, I made it to the 2nd round and was ahead of Ingram who'll be competing for the championship."

12. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson #Se7en

"Hopefully something positive will go our way at my home track next week. Just trying to end the season on some positive."

13. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

"We didn't have a great run today but congrats to Scott and Nick for finishing top 10. The crew did a really good job getting us back on track after the accident.

Its hard sometimes tasting the feeling of despair when you know your team had such a good car coming into the night. I talked to the 39 car after the race and asked him can you feel it. He said he was fine but his back was a little sore, which was a real testament to how safe these cars are. We'll be back next week competing for the win."

TColeman12 and nj9703 like this.
  14. TColeman12

You guys are never going to forget "Can you feel it?" are you. :p:D

15. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Never :rolleyes:

TColeman12 likes this.
  16. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Good car, not great but we were in great position to put a stranglehold on the championship and cut a right front tire. I must have run over something cause there was definitely a puncture. I just hate it for these guys on this team and for JEGS and Bass Pro Shops. But we move on to Homestead my favorite track, the place where we got our first win in the #9 car and where we clinched our 2011 championship. Really looking forward to getting to Miami and getting the weekend started down there."

17. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Willy B Baby

"Well, it wasn't great, but it could have been a lot worse. We gained points and go into the last race of the season tied for the points lead. The math is simple: finish in front of everyone we're fighting for the championship."

18. nj9703

nj9703 Non sibi sed patriae

If you ever think we're gonna stop, tell us you can feel it.

TColeman12 and frow78 like this.
  19. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

We're looking to finish out the year with a strong finish. I feel really bad for these guys. We worked so hard to make it to the Chase but it hasn't been the string of finishes we want, or feel we deserve.

20. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

'Great to have a good finish finally after this rough batch lately! Almost feels like a win! Great job by the team for keeping us out where we needed to be tonight. The #93 Sig Sauer Chevy was strong all night. Cant thank Joyce Racing enough for bringing us on this year. Hoping to bring that ROTY home next weekend! Especially since I screwed up and didn't run for points! LOL'

nj9703 likes this.