1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Season 7 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Aug 1, 2016.

1. guardracer19

guardracer19 Well-Known Member

Are we gonna have to adjust our paints to the 2017 cup standard? You know they are putting the monster logo on front window while name is on back. Are gonna follow suit?

2. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Unless a horizontal version of the SRD logo is released, i don't exactly see how we're gonna be able to do that.

Unless the SRD Cup series picks up a title "sponsor".....

3. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

There's a horizontal version. It was on the Dodge Challenger for the NWS11 mod that used to be at the top of the website. And if we can't find that, one can likely be made fairly easy.

I support the idea of putting SRD across the front and names across the back.

4. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

jacobc62 likes this.
  5. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

As do I. I feel the series should be realistic.

6. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

If we are going to do it, we could probably edit the logo in the header of the site. It wouldn't take that much work at all.

7. TColeman12

We could ask @MattyO, I'm pretty sure he probably has a couple variations or could do a simple change for the leagues.

8. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Don't hold your breath. I know I'm a negative nanny and glass half empty kinda guy, but I've worked with Doug before. This ain't going to happen Chev. I'd put money on a DMR mod and a fairly good chance on a BR mod as well. In my opinion only of course.
    What do you need done? A new logo or a new contingency decal for the upcoming season? I can do either or both when I get back from vacation. I haven't touched photoshop in quite some time and could use the practice.

9. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

If you still have this logo, on the QP, we could use that
    IMG_3890.JPG

10. Chevellion

I'm assuming you missed the post where I mentioned it won't be rolled out unless we get a new mod.

11. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

I saw that, but wasn't quite sure what you meant. I guess I misread the post.

12. TColeman12

A logo for the windshield banner, just in case a new mod is released or for future seasons. Just to anyone who is eligible for the Shootout and All-Star Races, I do not mind if someone puts their own name on the windshield, or just a simple black box on the top of the back of the car for the last name. It doesn't matter to me. If you do decided to put your name on a black banner on the back of the car, I do ask that a horizontal SRD logo is placed on the front windshield.

13. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

We could have a banner featuring the current site banner logo in the place of the manufacturer decals with the last name in the middle as it is on the front windshield too. If we were talking about options.

14. Chevellion

There will be no changes to the existing templates. Only if we receive a new mod from BR/DMR will we see any adjustments.

jgegner, guardracer19, MattyO and 2 others like this.
  15. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

This might be a dumb question. I'm not even sure it belongs here. I noticed that we were already kind of talking about it hear so I didn't think it would be too bad. So with them putting the Series sponsor on the front windshield and the last names on the rear window. Would that require a whole new mod to be made? Or could they get away with just making some edits to the template or just creating a new template? Thanks.

16. Chevellion

Please see the post above yours.

17. Chevellion

Quick question to the group - how would you feel about an "upgrade" period about midway through the regular season? Each owner would have the ability to select one trait in a single area (either car performance or pit crew), increasing the min and max by 10 across all their entries.

Darren Ingram, db512, jgegner and 2 others like this.
  18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

19. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

it sounds good. However I believe that one category should be decreased by 10 points if 1 is increased by 10 points. I just see it if you are gaining something without losing something it doesn't seem realistic.

For example if a team were to increase their engine stats their reliability would need to take a hit. And vice versa. Same goes for the chassis and aerodynamics if you select one the other would take a hit. You can have great reliability but your engine power would be decreased. You can have a good road course car but your aerodynamics on the car would not be as good on Speedway and Superspeedway events.

20. TColeman12

Great idea Kyle.