1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 8, Chase Race 5: Iowa

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 67: Joyce and Anderson battle on the restart. The 81 desperate at this point to get back on the lead lap and try and gain ground on the cutline. Kunkel slots in behind those 2 as Gegner runs 2nd and tries to figure out a way by the two lapped cars. Johnston under fire for 3rd from Farrell.

Lap 68: Joyce clears out front and now starts to pull away as Kunkel looks at racing the 81 of Anderson to have a small chance of making it back on the lead lap.

Lap 71: Some intense racing all over the track and we have a shuffle inside the top 5. Dan Busch out of no where on the restart now runs 2nd ahead of Farrell in 3rd. Gegner now back to 4th with Johnston in 5th. DJ Harris up to 9th leads playoff drivers but Merzlak is just behind in 10th with Lennox 11th and Isaacs 13th.

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 76: Joyce pulling away out front now up by just under 2 seconds over Busch. Busch still stuck behind Anderson but has cleared Kunkel. The top 7 now all ahead of the 15 but the 81 still runs between 1st and 2nd.

Lap 80: Nearly 3 seconds the advantage out front as Busch still continues to struggle with the 81 of Anderson. Update on our playoff drivers still in the race, Harris is up to 7th, Merzlak runs 9th, Isaacs now inside the top 10 in 10th, Lennox has faded to 15th, Hooper running 17th, Ingram in p18, and Missimer is racing in the 25th position. Anderson still stuck 1 lap down in 31st.

Lap 84: Busch finally gets around the 81 of Anderson but Joyce has stretched out to a 3.3 second lead already since the restart. Just behind Harris has climbed into the top 5 getting around Gegner and Smetana.

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 90: Anderson has finally faded back into the field outside of the top 10 cars. Joyce still leading and pulling away even though Busch has finally run a couple laps in clean air. The lead for the 77 now 3.9 seconds.

Lap 97: The field mostly spread out now as Joyce catches traffic. He'll easily work around the slower car of Root who was involved in an earlier crash. The lead for the 77 stable at 4 seconds over Busch in 2nd. Farrell runs 3rd, Johnston 4th, Gegner 5th, Harris 6th, Smetana 7th, Isaacs 8th, DeCosta 9th, and Spencer the top 10.

Lap 102: Green flag pitstops begin as Dan Busch sacrifices 2nd to come to pit road. Jordan also comes in behind him but is billowing smoke out of the 28 machine and an engine failure will end his race just shy of the finish. Also coming in is Craigo, Slates, Anderson, and O'Reilly.

[​IMG]

4. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 103: Joyce pits from the lead and brings in Isaacs, Peters, Hooper, Lennox, Blanford, Missimer, and Root. Farrell takes over out front.

Lap 104: Farrell stays out another lap as the leader but 2nd place Harris comes in with Gegner, Johnston, Smetana, Spencer, Woodard, Merzlak, Coleman, Bleskachek, and Wichelman.

Lap 105: Farrell reliquishes the lead and comes to pit road. DeCosta will take over out front by staying out another lap. Caudill also comes to pit road followed by Ingram and Harkleroad.

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 106: DeCosta comes to pit road to complete the cycle of the front runners and is joined by Curtain. Hancock takes over the lead but will soon give that up to Joyce who will cycle back out to the lead over Busch, with Kunkel in 3rd having yet to pit. The 15 team looking for a caution to get them back on the lead lap and good track position.

Lap 108: Hancock to pit road and that will put the 77 back out in front after a round of green flag stops. The lead closed up slightly to 3 seconds ahead of Busch. Kunkel still in 3rd yet to pit but is much slower than the rest of the cars that have pitted. Farrell in 4th with Harris 5th.

Lap 115: Kunkel finally to pit road and will fall back to being 1 lap down. Joyce still out front and aproching the rear of the field as Dan Busch has closed in but laps are running out as we come to 10 to go. 2.4 seconds the gap between 1st and 2nd. Farrell still 3rd, Harris 4th, Gegner 5th, Johnston 6th, Smetana 7th, Isaacs 8th, Spencer 9th, and Caudill in 10th. The rest of our playoff drivers are running in these positions:

Merzlak - 14th
    Hooper - 16th
    Lennox - 17th
    Ingram - 19th
    Missimer - 25th
    Anderson - 31st
    Mallon - 33rd (DNF)
    Nixon - 34th (DNF)

6. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 124: 2 to go for Joyce out front. Busch has closed but not quick enough. A comfortable 1.6 second gap for the 77 as he works through turns 1 and 2. Farrell pretty far back in 3rd 6 seconds off the lead. Gegner has made the move up to 4th around Harris who now runs 5th.

Lap 125: White flag for Joyce and the 77 team. Clear track ahead as he works through turns 1 and 2 and down the backstretch. Into 3 and out of 4, checkered flag in the air, Noah Joyce wins at Iowa! Dan Busch comes up 1 spot short of defending his race win with Farrell in 3rd, Gegner 4th, and Harris the top 5.

[​IMG]

nj9703 and Reza Maulana like this.
  7. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

8. Tetronix

Tetronix Well-Known Member

"HOLY SHIT BOYS WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO THE FINAL 5! Top seed too, that's a huge confidence boost. Big thanks to Konica Minolta for the huge sponsorship over the course of the season. Can't wait for Homestead, man. We finished 8th here last year after starting 2nd. Can't wait to hopefully seal the deal, my god, what a season. Time to win the damn thing."

9. MWick4

MWick4 SRD Truck Series Director

MW10: "Well we didn't have the best finish, but our #10 Camry spent a majority of the day running in the top ten and got up to second at one point. We've really made some progress here recently and I think OPP will have a win coming in our cards soon. John is in good position running for the title and it would be such a nice way for him to go out on top."

10. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

@BrendonH12: "Well, today's race is like that meme - 'we were here... now we're here' - you know? We had a great qualifying effort; I mean, the boys back at HMS gave me another bad fast Reese's Chevy Camaro ZL1 and I was just lucky enough to park it on the front row. We had a bad pit stop and that took us from a good top 10 run all the way to eventually finishing a lap down because of trying to stay out and catch a caution. But, that's the way it goes sometimes. Congrats to the boss man on making the Championship 5! Time to head to Miami and claim a championship trophy! Woooh, baby! I'm getting excited just thinking about it! You go, DJ! On to the next one..."

11. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Well, I'll take 13th here at Iowa. Love the track, but it's a tough go. We didn't have the best car, but we kept working on it and got a decent finish. Now on to my final race with a shot at another championship. I can't think of a better way to go out.

12. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

"Well damn, we did it. Back to Homestead for our 3rd year in a row. This Xtreme Motorsports team has been the most consistent team year in and year out here in the Cup series. I gotta thank everyone at the shop for giving us some fast rides every week for the last few years. Hopefully, the 3rd time's the charm for us and we can finally get our championship."

db512 likes this.
  13. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"I hate Iowa."

14. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Yeah well fuck you too - Iowa

Saan Anguish and Tim2488 like this.
  15. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Got a top 10 at my home track after a good q effort, I'm happy with it considering the trash season we've had.

16. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RB- Pretty much thought our day was over after the accident but the guys did a great job keeping it raceable and we were still able to stay on the lead lap. Was really rooting for Tim there for a bit but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Our cars have the speed just need to fix our qualifying program and Tim just needs just get some consistency going for that team. I feel like 2019 could really be a good year for this organization.

17. BillyJack79

BillyJack79 20+ Years of Sim Racing

BN#79: "We've had an incredible season, just hate to see it end upside-down. We will be back better than ever next year!"

18. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Really had a great car the second half of the race. Weren't sure how we would be after getting pinched off turn 2 when the big wreck was triggered but the car was fine. It kind of sucks we got held up behind the 81 all that time. Not sure if we had anything for the 77 but would have liked to have a shot. I think we could have hung with him before the last round of stops and then we made the right adjustment and the thing took off we were just to far behind at that point. But another top 5 good strong finish heading to my favorite track and we got Darren in the final 5 again so our number one focus will be to get him the title he deserves and the rest we will see what happens."

19. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"we had a great race today. Hopefully we have a clean run at Miami to end off the season."

20. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

"We're not supposed to be this bad at short tracks. Don't know what was wrong with the car today...."