Set ups

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by nassau, Feb 18, 2016.

1. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

It is probably my lack of engineering knowledge, but i find
    Pcars impossible to set anything up. I am in 125 Karts in career mode
    and i cannot get the thing anything but tight.
    Just having a moan really. Just have to keep trying.
    Cheers.

2. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

I hate to see people struggle when you don't have to ;) Try looking here, just a few threads down: The Karts/Other Cars. Sharing your favourite Setups In there should be some info on the karts ...Then have a look here for setups for nearly all cars, http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
    I don't know if it's been updated though, look for the Slightly Mad Studio's LOGO...You'll find Karts setups ;)...Hope that helps :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    InsideLine and Highbank like this.
  3. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

Thank's SwiftyOne.
    I will check those out later today and let you know how i get on.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  4. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

Hi SwiftyOne.
    Got the setup's , thank you. What i dont get is when i try and put them in the car, not
    everything i printed out to set up is shown in the garage. Thank you once again.

5. SwiftyOne

Hi nassau
    Sorry your having problems....
    I have a couple of questions for you....You playing the PC version?.....On my screen shot, the circled arrows are for navigation....Do you mean that, some setting are greyed out and locked? Are you able to take a screen shot to show your problem?

Attached Files:

6. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

I have no excuse i did not even see those, and yes i am using the PC disc version.
    So back to work again, i am getting there, and enjoy the game.
    I call it a game because of certain things like the cars driving themselves out and in the pits.
    And i have yet to see any damage on the AI cars, i have damage set to either full or performance
    altering and nothing. I guess Iracing would stop them doing anything NASCAR.
    That would be amazing.
    Cheers.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  7. SwiftyOne

Hi nassau
    That' not a problem, most people miss those tiny arrows ;) Having control over your own car while entering and exiting the pits, is something I would love to see too...Think it's to do with the low PEGI 3 rating (Oh! to go back to the years without PEGI... NR2003 never had this trouble) This link will explain better : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38549-Will-we-be-able-to-drive-manually-into-the-pit
    I agree on the damage, it's geared IMO more the players side...(I also think that too, is a PEGI rating thingy) it IS there, not so much on AI though :)
    Not so sure if it's ALL to do with iRacing.....Quoting from a closed thread...

Q) "Don't know how many times you have answered this question but can and will the oval tracks be put into the game for multiplayer,time trial and free practice cause if so then I'm all for it until you can remedy they situation with the ai so it can be put in down the road. I enjoy racing against my own time our others on time trial and multiplayer is what everyone likes so long as you're in the right lobby with people who like racing clean"

A. Ian Bell (Head of Studio)"It's not looking very likely. We're running into licensing issues with providing a non AI version of the ovals. I can understand that the owners of the license don't want a lesser version of their track in pCARS".

I glad though your having fun with pCARS ...A game or Sim, as long as you enjoy it, that's just what gaming was intended for ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

PEGI
    Please Engage General Intelligence. Before buying this game.
    This is a world where we are not allowed to think for ourselves any more.
    I am glad i am nearly 60 because i don't like the way it's going.
    Anyhow that's enough philosophy have a good day.
    Cheers.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  9. SwiftyOne

Have Fun...I shall be 60 too in August, I know what yea saying ;)

10. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

Beat ya July 1st

SwiftyOne likes this.
  11. SwiftyOne

I don't mind losing that one ;)