1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Sheriff looking for #NCWTS driver Jordan Anderson on warrant for possession of stolen truck

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by thedude1987, Sep 27, 2018.

1. thedude1987

thedude1987 Happy Husband, proud papa, racer, and designer!

Sheriff
    @rowancountync
    says Jordan Anderson bought stolen truck from Robert Newling, knowing it was stolen. Anderson agreed to turn himself in on 9/20, never did. Newling charged with larceny of motor vehicle, Anderson's warrant for possession of stolen vehicle.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. bvc

bvc Hoyer the Destroyer's Biggest Fan

Damnit... he seemed like such a nice guy.

3. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

How to screw your career in two easy steps.

4. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

More on this story here

Harmon being listed as the victim reminds me of that thing with he and Jennifer Jo Cobb a few years ago...

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which. If you Google the address it comes up as Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing. The plot thickens. Lol.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

That's messed up...I can't see Jordan being the one to pull this off. He was such a great guy to talk to at Michigan, I really just don't want to believe it.

joeykraus19 and Racingfan83 like this.
  7. thedude1987

its actually Newfab Race Car Bodies & Chassis... he rebuilds bodies for race teams

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, NASCAR Furry.

Welp. There goes his career.

ShadowKnight508 and thedude1987 like this.
  9. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

Bob Pockrass is reporting that the stolen truck suffered damage at the fall Texas race last year. In that race, Tommy Joe Martins wrecked a truck that was lent to him by none other than Mike Harmon. Since Harmon is listed as the victim of the theft, this leads me to believe that Newling stole the truck directly from Harmon, repaired it himself, and then sold it to Anderson, who most likely knew it was stolen. Here's the Martins wreck:

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

I wish I could call and talk to Jordan right now. I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding. Met him many times, super nice guy. I almost KNOW for a fact that after how hard he's worked to get where he is now there is no way he would just piss it all away like that. And he couldn't turn himself in on the 20th because he was stranded in New Mexico or Arizona with a wrecked truck.

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  11. Tetronix

Oh shit I totally forgot about that. Damn that's right.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  12. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Worth noting that his twitter went silent around the same time this news broke.

13. thedude1987

That is true... BUT why didnt he turn the truck over when approached before then?
    Also had seen a photo thats since been deleted oh what appears to be him on a plane flying out....

14. Tetronix

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

An update on the case, sounds like Harmon's just a dumbass and Anderson did nothing wrong
    z.jpg

16. Tetronix

Thank goodness. Any potential legal problem with Harmon just points to the fact that's fucking stupid. (but we all knew this)

joeykraus19 and thedude1987 like this.
  17. thedude1987

UPDATE:

"In respect to the news that was published last week, I wanted to thank you all for your understanding in light of the situation, and continued support of my character.

We have been cooperating with the investigation through counsel since I was notified about there being a potential warrant for my arrest while we were racing in Las Vegas.

My attorney has stayed in constant contact with the Rowan County District Attourney handling the case to reach a resolution, which has resulted in charges being dropped and a voluntary dismissal being filed earlier this morning without the need of a formal arrest. The race truck in question was delivered earlier this week to a location desired by the Rowan County Sheriffs Department. I continue to maintain my innocence in this matter, and the fact that I bought the race truck in good faith with a bill of sale, unbeknown of its history.

This has been quite a humbling lesson in being a new team owner, and the importance of discerning who you do business with. I take great honor in representing to the best of my ability my fans, partners, and family; and am grateful for your grace, support, and prayers through this all.

Nine months ago when we put into action the idea and dream of starting up our own team to compete, the main principle was, and is, to have faith, respect, and integrity serve as the pillar to every action and decision that is made with ownership. My life verse has been, and will continue to be Proverbs 3: 5-6. I take great hope in knowing that God allows everything in life to happen for a reason, and will apply what God has taught me through this as motivation to keep my relationship with Him first in everything that we do."

joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Great to hear.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Stuck in a Herring situation

He wouldn’t even talk to the authorities himself, and he contradicted the earlier statements that he knew the truck’s history.

Outstanding! What a great and honorable man! Can’t wait for the next time he is involved in legal trouble.

dalejr88rox, nj9703 and Shockey Rai like this.
  20. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Mike Harmon made a post about the ordeal on Facebook not too long ago, then quickly deleted it.

Mike Harmon Racing 23 mins · Returned damaged/ILLEGALLY SOLD #74 Mike Harmon Racing Truck torn up by the wreck at Canada while in the possession of Jordan Anderson, Truck was returned to AJ Fabrication NOT specifically to Mike Harmon. The bill of sale of this said truck by Robert Newling to Jordan Anderson with his name on it was given to law enforcement and both parties (jordan and Newling)knew the entire time who’s truck this was and at NO POINT was there contact or communication between Mike and Jordan, ALL was denied by Mr Anderson. The truck was repaired by Mr Newling and FULL AMOUNT PAID for the damage done in Texas, Mr Newling NEVER put a lien on this vehicle NOR filed a lien according to ALL court systems in NC against MHR, numerous contacts within the court system stated the same! Now he gets off, drops the DAMAGED truck off to another location leaving MHR to once again repair the vehicle and gets off! Want to know the TRUTH, a statement will be made by Mike Harmon! Text messages from Mr Newling to Mike Harmon after the warrant for Jordan was released, BEGGING to drop everything if he signs off and he would fix it.... DIDN’T happen!!!! Bill of illegal sale, text messages and all proof to come! Jordan ran this truck renting it out THREE times fully knowing it was MHR truck, you aren’t guilty YET you return a vehicle YOU paid for and walk away, let that sink in folks!

joeykraus19 likes this.