Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SHR to Ford in 2017

BigBadPhil

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow
e31.jpg

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe that this is true... what a bombshell. The only reason Stewart is even with that team is because of JGR switching to Toyota and Haas being a Chevy lifer. I can't believe he would agree to switch but maybe it was not his call and he decided to retire because of it. Performance-Wise, it doesn't make sense unless they think their engineering is as good as Penske's (who are able to turn those crappy engines into competitive cars on a weekly basis). I guess we will see next year if they truly are.

Still though, I cant believe Haas would leave Chevy and Hendrick, he owes everything to them, especially Rick Hendrick.

games123

CHARGE!
SRD Member
Reaction score
I wonder how this will affect the Xfinity series next year, because Harvick runs some races for JRM (Chevy), but if SHR goes to Ford I guess he will have to find another team or stop.

Johnnyk1990

SRD Member
Reaction score
Harvick will not be part of SHR or as I predict Haas Racing ( Tony leaves all together)

WhoOrderedJuice

SRD Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Kevin Harvick and his JRM affiliation. My thought is Cole Custer though. Cole is SHR's baby. Does he go to Brad Keslowski's team next year? Or does he go to Xfinity with Roush?!

KahneRacing945

3-Time USORL Rally Winner
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Kevin Harvick and his JRM affiliation. My thought is Cole Custer though. Cole is SHR's baby. Does he go to Brad Keslowski's team next year? Or does he go to Xfinity with Roush?!
He's most likely going to Xfinity with JRM with One Main Financial as a sponsor

11rows0f3

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh come on guys, Harvick and Busch are going no where. You're way over-estimating their allegiance to a manufacturer.

Dale Earnhardt (Mr Chevy) drove for Bud Moore and Ford in the early 80's
Bill Elliott (Mr Ford) drove Dodges Chevys and Toyotas to end his career and is now praising Chevy and Hendrick for Chase Elliott
Jeff Gordon grew up a Ford kid and Ford had him signed for life when Hendrick swooped in with an offer to change his life.

If the money is right and the ride is good, these guys will go with whatever the best chance to win will be.

"Ford for life.... unless Hendrick calls". :D

starscream24

Captain of Unpopular Opinions.
SRD Member
Reaction score
People said that Penske switching to ford in 2013 was a bad move (including me). Look what happened. They're by miles the best Ford team. Never judge anything as facts like this before you see results.

ShadowKnight508

Esteemed Senior Member
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
My god...I am genuinely stunned at this news. At first, I thought this was some early, crappy April Fools joke, but then as I saw the news appear on Jayski, NASCAR.com, NBC Sports, FOX Sports, ESPN, MRN, and Ford Performance's site, I now know that this is legit. Why Stewart-Haas Racing would leave the might of the Chevy banner and make the jump to the Ford camp is beyond me, outside of either financial or increased manufacture support (like what Furniture Row Racing did leaving Team Chevy for Toyota Racing Development with help from JGR this year). As a fan of the sport, I hope that SHR's move to Ford goes well next season, but boy it is going to be odd seeing Kevin Harvick (lifetime Chevy guy since taking over for Earnhardt Sr. after the 2001 Daytona 500) wheeling a #4 Busch Beer Ford Fusion next season...

What a ride for Clint Bowyer by the time he hops into the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Ford Fusion next season after Stewart retires to open up the seat. Goes from the Toyota Camry with MWR last year to the Chevy SS with HScott Motorsports this year and will end up in a Ford Fusion for the 2017 Daytona 500.

TJBartel

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is a shocker, half of the Hendrick empire bailing.? But, I find the reactions hysterical

11rows0f3

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man people on the interwebs are freaking out (not here, like facebook, twitter, etc). I honestly didn't know Ford vs Chevy was still a thing. lol

Yeah, for sure Harvick is leaving FOR sure. He only drives a Chevy. (yeah, like Gordon with Hendrick, when Childress calls, you're a Chevy guy!) lol

A Kurt won his Championship for Ford!

and for what it's worth (I know... I know...)

KyleBuschFan18

2x Cup Series Champion
SRD Member
Reaction score
I hate to see SHR leave Chevy, guess Hendrick will be my Chevy team next year.

szip

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, this sounds like the final nail in the coffin for roush fenway racing. The question now is who buys roushs 3 charters when they fold?

leger33

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man people on the interwebs are freaking out (not here, like facebook, twitter, etc). I honestly didn't know Ford vs Chevy was still a thing. lol

Yeah, for sure Harvick is leaving FOR sure. He only drives a Chevy. (yeah, like Gordon with Hendrick, when Childress calls, you're a Chevy guy!) lol

A Kurt won his Championship for Ford!

and for what it's worth (I know... I know...)
and too that Danica Formula Ford!

Attachments

• Danica-Formula-Ford.jpg
    Danica-Formula-Ford.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 94