5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Slip's Showroom

Slipster17

"Terrifying Cones Since 1983"
SRD Member
Reaction score
Also - working on my personal livery for 2019. Thoughts?

I'm a Ford guy (Fiesta, Focus, Escape owner) and amateur racer in Autocross events in my area. So I'd LOVE to have some factory backing, lol. And I personally know some of the folks at Mountune and they offer some amazing Manufacturer Backed aftermarket support for the ST, RS and Mustang. The scheme is flavored a little by Carl Edward's promotional paint scheme from several years back.

2019_17fictional01.jpg

2019_17fictional02.jpg
2019_17fictional03.jpg
2019_17fictional04.jpg

joeykraus19

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you were inspired by this one?
But where do you Autocross? I also live in Maryland and I don't see any type of tracks except like the drag strips.

Slipster17

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you were inspired by this one?
But where do you Autocross? I also live in Maryland and I don't see any type of tracks except like the drag strips.
That EXACT image, BTW lol

I run with the Capital Driving Club (CDC). They have a few venues around Baltimore, DC and Frederick MD that let them use their parking lots for the courses. Cone-Dodgers 4 life!

Slipster17

SRD Member
Reaction score
Another super-fun paint scheme I had from back in the day. Circa 2006. What can I say.... I REALLY loved Cheeze-Its... lol.

This was a 'Super-Speedway' variant of the Fusion for the 1 or 2 years when the 3 manufacturers ran cars with suuuuuper downward slanted noses at the big speedways. Template from the Team SBR vault.

2006_17cheeze.jpg
2006_17cheeza.jpg
2006_17cheezb.jpg
2006_17cheezc.jpg
2006_17cheezd.jpg

Slipster17

SRD Member
Reaction score
So your the same slippy that was with Team SBR? Neat, nice to see more original community members around.
The more things change, the more they stay the same! Happy to see I'm remembered after a dozen years, lol

Ben Althen

SRD Member
Reaction score
Great job on all the details of the CN cars, I can only imagine how patient you must be when doing the artwork.

Nathaniel Burnham

SRD Member
Reaction score
OMG that Dino is disturbing lol also is that a smashed bug beside Fred? Super janky. Excited to see it if you decide to do it!

Slipster17

SRD Member
Reaction score
I do want to start offering up these cars for download eventually. What's the format most users would want nowadays?

I actually DON'T even have the game installed right now, lol. So, is it worth it to install and update all the patches and offer a full .car file?

Or is there more interest in .tga files of the car flats and pit crews that people can just import on their own?

Slipster17

SRD Member
Reaction score
The .car files would be most convenient, but I definitely won't complain no matter how you decide to offer these.
When you are using the car mods - like the wincup98 or the 80s car bodies - do those alter EVERY car in the game? Or can you have something like the '96 Monte Carlo on the track with a modern Camaro body at the same time now? I feel like "back in the day" you had to keep swapping out the modified files if you wanted to see different body styles.

I literally don't know how far the game has progressed since the last time I used it for an actual race a decade ago. Lol

Nathaniel Burnham

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah you have to swap series because it does modify every car in the game. Also .car files would be best I think.

pimmy

SRD Member
Reaction score
You never had to swap mods in and out. You can have up to 16 mods on one installation of the game and you can have multiple installations, so you can basically have an unlimited number of mods. Mods have never replaced every car in the game but you can't mix & match.