1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Snowstorm @ Alaska Superspeedway *Released*

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by T18, Dec 31, 2017.

1. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

So, I have been working on this for just under 4 years and every Christmas I had hopped to be done. It missed again this year but I am now in a place I'm ready to put out something, is it as polished as I would really like? No its not, the Cameras are bad and I'm not very good at making them any better, a few light maps are a bit off and I really wanted to build a brand new Garage and Grandstand. But, I have teased this track a few times, and just want to let this no longer be a private work.

So here is The Snowstorm @ Alaska Superspeedway home of the NASCAR Winter Classic
    [​IMG]
    Download link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/drh6uatffz5y7of/Snowstorm_nr2k3_1.1.zip

If you have any improvements (ai, cam, ini etc) that you come up with let me know and I will see about putting them in the next version, there are a few custom objects used, the billboard and overhead signs have templates if you desire to use them for your own project just message me.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Just downloaded and ran a lap (before spinning and flying into a forest). It's fast and exciting. AI shake it up a bit on the backstretch.

One thing I'd fix....The blimp driver is drunk and parked on the front stretch.

T18 and InsideLine like this.
  3. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

So, looks like in my haste, I accidentally removed the path files, so if you downloaded in 2017 here are those and anyone who gets it after this, I have updated the zip file.
    Path file fix - http://www.mediafire.com/file/jcnfqyznwapll4c/pathfiles.zip

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Congrats on the track, always exciting to see new track makers come in NR2003.

5. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

Don't think I can claim to be new, its just been years between an announced nr2003 release (3 to 4 years last was Bloomington I think) and there were some NASCAR 4 tracks in the middle there.

InsideLine likes this.
  6. Jonny683

Jonny683 Well-Known Member

So I drove it and tested AI. A few things, just thought I chime in with.

-No Lights around the track. Personally, I get the Ambiance you were going for, but I think with lights it would of been better looking
    -Lack of walls and an apron are also kinda weird. Again, I get it what you were going for, but some kind of wall or something (Snow bank?) would be nice.
    -Camera's could use some work. Some were sitting in the middle of the track. If they were above the track, like a Drone shot, then that would look better IMO.

But overall, track looks great and the concept is great. I like it. Keep working on it and improve on it.

7. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

The Cameras are very much something I want to redo, there are some lights but they are mostly on the front, oddly this track in its 4 years only became a night track in the last month, and there will be a summer version with walls and aprons at some point.

4WideRacing likes this.
  8. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

So how do you simulate the snow?