1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Some News/updates/clarifications.

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Fisha695, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

Regarding the "110 - 150" cars number that has been thrown about by Eutech in various interviews and how as far as we know with each drivers number of liveries confirmed it only adds up to 70some, DaveT had this to say.

"With regards to which schemes we created, this came from the teams and we've done everyone we got supplied with..

There are additional custom schemes in game per car manufacture which bumps up the numbers...

Unfortunately, there a couple of schemes been removed again, but I think we're final now.. "

So how I read that is as this... We had hoped for 150 schemes with the various manufacture Fantasty Drivers (despite saying there would not be any fantasy drivers) but due to real schemes being pulled we're down less then 150 with only about 75 being real schemes.

When asked which schemes were pulled DaveT said the following.

"Erm, one from Jeff Gordan, Elliot Sadler and Marcos Ambrose.. "

On the issue of Jimmie Johnson having his Livery & Tailight decals over the back of his spoiler. Once again from DaveT

"Having looked in to it, apparently Hendrick want it the way we have it with the paint over the spoiler. "

As for the EA logo being on Ryan Truex's car (DaveT answering once again)

"The EA logo was on the reference photos. It has since been removed."

2. Legacyofthe24

Legacyofthe24 Well-Known Member

now i have a question: does all this pertain to the 2010 schemes or 2011 schemes as far as schemes being removed? i just wonder what JG scheme got pulled though. i don't see any reason 1 would be removed unless it was a pepsi scheme.

3. Fisha695

That is for the 2010 schemes.

The general feeling on the forum over there is that it was the National Guard scheme that got pulled.

4. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

...they pulled the National Guard scheme? What is wrong with these people...

I'm glad I'm keeping my hopes low for this game...all the news that continues to leak seems like bad news.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fisha695

Sponsors/Teams are the ones telling them to pull it. Not the first time it's happened in NASCAR games Bill Elliott had to be pulled from NASCAR 06, Jeremy Methfield pulled himself from NASCAR 05 after EA wouldn't give him the cover.

6. Legacyofthe24

well if it was the NG scheme, i don't have a problem with that. I love our military but i ain't real crazy about that scheme though. To me, it's not really a JG scheme neither is the sponsor itself. That's more of a jr only sponsor. i just wonder if they pulled JGs NG scheme, what about jr's?

7. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

we'll find out in around 6 weeks.

8. RBaller

RBaller Well-Known Member

Actually Fisha Jeremy did not pull himself from Nascar 05. I still own the game and he is in it still.

9. Fisha695

NASCAR 2005 Chase for the Cup does not have Mayfield in it, nor does it have Pocono Speedway in it.

10. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

NSR doesn't have it either. Why is that now? Why would they leave out a speedway in 2 games? What drove Pocono to pull the track from the game?

11. Fisha695

Doc wanted more money then EA was willing to give him.

12. Legacyofthe24

it doesn't matter. N05 had the better PA track in my opinion anyways so.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  13. Frigus5

Frigus5 Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean

That's because the one for NSR was made by a track maker. Not a game programmer.

14. Legacyofthe24

you know i'm talking about it having nazareth instead of pocono right?

15. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

Too bad that place has gone the way of North Wilkesboro...I'm really surprised the Andrettis didn't do something to save the track.

While previous EA games did omit drivers (Dave Blaney was missing from most all of EA's games) I don't ever recall dozens of sponsors pulling their endorsed schemes after previously giving the developers the go ahead. At least the reasons for the omissions were evident during the EA years...this whole thing just seems shady.

16. Legacyofthe24

well idk about in real life but nazareth on the game was a sweet little racetrack. i loved running there. as for the schemes, the 1 that really kinda puzzles me is KB's doublemint scheme. wrigley is owned by mars and all their other product-sponsored schemes are in the game, so what's up with that?

17. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Nazareth was fun to race at because the configuration, with the dogleg, made it feel like a five-turn track. Phoenix almost satisfies me, but the dogleg is on the backstretch.

18. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

It's possible that they created the schemes first and then requested permission to use the sponsors. Though that would be a bit odd, the scheme renders did come out pretty early.

19. Fisha695

Ya gotta remember though during the EA years the developers were hardly ever interacting with the users on the forums, and there wasn't things like Twitter & Facebook to interact with them and find out info as well.

So I'm not so sure if it's something that's happening more then before as much as it is they're more open with their operations with the customers then EA was.

They got the NASCAR rights in the spring of 2009, so stuff has been in the works for awhile (although you can only really do 2010 schemes once they're released during the early part of the 2010 season.

20. SpeedEnergy

SpeedEnergy Well-Known Member

Dave won't confirm which Gordon scheme was pulled, but we assume the National Guard one since it doesn't appear they will sponsor him in 2011 as there has been no sight of their logo on his 2011 car, I absolutely HATE IT when schemes are pulled, especially my favorite driver.:noway:
    I think for every scheme that was pulled, add a new NNS or NCWTS driver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.