Downloads
Updated

Some News/updates/clarifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
Reaction score
How bout not? It's hard enough to get the licenses from the teams and sponsors.

SpeedEnergy

Reaction score
It's not as hard as you think it is, but now that I think of it, they don't have time, they have to push to get this game completed

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
Reaction score
It's not as hard as you think it is, but now that I think of it, they don't have time, they have to push to get this game completed
It takes a lot of money to get new drivers and teams in, much more so than individual paint schemes [since it's the same driver and team in those cases]. so it is hard.

SpeedEnergy

Reaction score
After reading on the NTG forums, it seems like just one phone call, but I was wrong, anyway they don't have time to be foolin around, they gotta get the game done in time!

Fisha695

Reaction score
It takes a lot of money to get new drivers and teams in, much more so than individual paint schemes [since it's the same driver and team in those cases]. so it is hard.
It's not so much money as it is time.

You gotta get the driver
Then the Team, the team then says "OK here are the liveries we ran this year that we would like in the game".
Then you gotta contact all those sponsors (I'm sure with the help of the team) and get them to agree to be in the game.
Then ya gotta send the livery off to the team & sponsor for approval.
Then if they want any changes you gotta make those and send it off for approval again.

And that doesn't include the last minute sponsors/teams/drivers pulling out causing things to change, nor does that include any sort of request that NASCAR or the Manufactures themselves have for the liveries/teams/drivers and that also doesn't include and sort of request/limits that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Activision/ESRB(or other ratings boards) have. On top of all that the NASCAR teams/drivers side of things is basically on East Coast USA time, the sponsor HQ's are located in various time zones, Eutechnyx is doing the programing and stuff out of their UK studios with their studios they have in China doing the artwork/graphics.

So really it's a major major time consumer just getting everything from "Point A" to "Point B" to "Point C" and back.

For those that aren't really aware at just how big the time gap is here is an example. The one in bold (3rd one down) is what I'm using as the start/control time.

4am 1/10 California (Activision, Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft USA HQ's)
7am 1/10 Charlotte (most of the NASCAR stuff)
12-noon Eutechnyx UK office on 1/10 is the following
8pm 1/10 Chinese Eutechnyx Studio.

But yeah it's not so much cost of adding more things this close to release as it is the coordination of it all across that big of a time-gap.

John Gregorio

Reaction score
I just read on twitter that you cannot drive a real car with a custom driver. AND Only mechanical damage can be repaired. What the? This game sucks!

Fisha695

Reaction score
I just read on twitter that you cannot drive a real car with a custom driver. AND Only mechanical damage can be repaired. What the? This game sucks!
Duh of course you can't drive a licensed car with a Custom driver.... Shouldn't that be common sense?

Numbers

Reaction score
Duh of course you can't drive a licensed car with a Custom driver.... Shouldn't that be common sense?
yeah....it should be. but common sense is so rare now adays its a super power...

but on the topic that the mechanical damange can only be repaired is bs...what ever happened to hammering out the sheet metal or useing a sh-- load of "speed" tape to hold it together... LOL:p

John Gregorio

Reaction score
What's the point of a career mode if you can't move you way up and get the chance to take over a famous car?

Common sense about what, you make no sense.

SpeedEnergy

Reaction score
What's the point of a career mode if you can't move you way up and get the chance to take over a famous car?

Common sense about what, you make no sense.
What he means is ex. Jeff Gordon was put in the game to drive the No. 24 Du Pont Chevy Impala under a license and not to be edited and he is the definite driver of that car. Your idea will also take out realism of the game, not saying it's a bad idea though............but like you wouldn't walk into the Cup Series and be put into the 88 car right away..................I personally would rather start my own team anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.