1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Speaker Pelosi announces formal House Impeachment Inquiry of the President

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by Darren Ingram, Sep 24, 2019.

1. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Yeah well it’s kinda funny the fact that you can be on a Sim Racing form and there’s still politics. Kinda sad that there’s no real way to get away from it. I mean you watch a YouTube video you’ll see a political ad, you turn on a late night show and you get a bunch of people that used to be funny but just aren’t anymore cause all they do is shit on the president and the country they live in. I guess no one made me click on it, but I did and got to lose a fair share of brain cells reading through most of the post.

No one made you click this thread.[/QUOTE]

Shockey Rai and Skyline like this.
  2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

You enter a political subforum and get surprised when you see politics?

[​IMG]

But man, I'm so damn tired of this. Impeachment hearings will just be a year and a half of bitching on both ends. Vote him out and get it done and over with.

Mystical, Tetronix, mtblillie and 3 others like this.
  3. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

It's not like we snuck in a politics thread on ya dude. We have a sub forum that specifically says Politics. Surely you're aware of what would be talked about in a Politics forum right?

4. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Unsure if it's the right thread, but the Senate Committee on Intelligence published their report on Russian campaign interference today. Within, they deduce that the Internet Research Agency (IRA), operating at the behest of the Kremlin, actively engaged in a political misinformation campaign to influence the results of the 2016 election.

Adding a Presidential quote from 2018 below:

At a news conference after the summit, President Trump was asked if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections.

"President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be," he replied."​

5. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I have no doubt in my mind that it is true, but not because of any anti-trump agenda. I assume that sort of thing happens on a regular bases. I mean both the US and Russia have an entire history of doing that to other countries, the CIA was founded based in part on that practice, why would we not do it to each other?

6. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

So, the White House has said they aren't going to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry. Ignoring subpoenas, the whole nine yards. When did that become normal?

7. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

It's not. Even if you "think" that it's partisan and unfair, you still have to comply. Not complying is obstruction of congress, which in itself is an impeachable offense.

8. Chevellion

EarnhardtFan and Darren Ingram like this.
  9. Chevellion

Darren Ingram and canadienhits like this.
  10. canadienhits

Kyle, I think a lot of shoes are dropping right now. Ukraine, and Syria. I just saw this morning how the Turkish government looked unfavorably at the letter President Trump sent because it didn't follow diplomatic norms, and they won't forget it, and that a former Turkish ambassador mocked Trump with a letter Trump would have written to Santa Clause.

11. canadienhits

This thread has gone awfully quiet.

12. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

That it has.

Wonder why?

13. Chevellion

14. canadienhits

Kyle, there are a few of us Republicans who have some sense about us and don't blindly follow. I only hope our numbers will grow.

15. Darren Ingram

I haven't said anything because the longer this has gone on, the more obvious it is that Trump and Co. are guilty of something serious. The facts speak for themselves. The behavior of Republicans the last few weeks is indefensible, and anyone that can't at least recognize that something stinks with this administration is kidding themselves.

Spike and Chevellion like this.
  16. Chevellion

+1, and it just keeps getting better. Now the guy Trump said was proof of no QPQ is saying it was indeed QPQ:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gordon-sondland-testifies-quid-pro-quo-908454/

I'm generally curious when the last time was that our government was so blatantly, publicly committing crimes

Darren Ingram likes this.
  17. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Always. The answer to your question is always. The correct is when was the last time an administration got caught.

RacerXero84 and crazyboy335 like this.
  18. Darren Ingram

Next public impeachment hearings following today will be on Friday morning.