SRD CWS Offline League Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by jgegner, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

This is where all CWS offline league Silly Season reports will go.

James

2. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 ...

ASHER RACING EXPANDS, WILL FIELD TRUCK TEAM

Asher Racing (Formerly known as Dx Motorsports/Racing) will expand it's operation, fielding a truck team in the inaugural SRD CWS Season. Asher declined to comment on if he would come out of his recently announced retirement to drive this season, he was quoted as saying "While the urge to compete for a season in the SRD CWS is high, I would have to be cleared before I could even consider. I'm not entirely sure if the Cup/NNS driver rule applies in my situation, as I'm a former driver in both series who stepped back into an owner role at season's end. If I was cleared to run full time then I would consider."

Asher Racing will field Chevy Silverado's, and is currently looking for/scouting drivers for the upcoming season.

3. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson I'm just better than you.

Gibbs to take to CWS with Seasoned Trophy Truck Veteran.

Carl Robinson who made his debut last year in the SRD Cup Series with B&T Motorsports had admitted that It would probably be a one year deal and at the end of the season. Sponsor Menards had admitted Robinson's lack of faith in his team lead to there Departure.

"It sucks but truth was he (Team owner Timothy Kunkel) wasn't interested in actually racing we was in it for a profit and the men of the sport and not to be homophobic but im I wasn't interested."

Robinson had admitted he had Considered taking back to running trophy trucks. Until he got the Call from J.D Gibbs to discuss a truck team in the Upcoming SRD Truck Series.

"Carl had been around for a while He'd shown up in his own stuff a few years ago in nationwide and after two team shutdowns and then leaving his own team. We were still very interested"

Althought Gibbs admits his father Joe was a skeptic of someone who bit a the hand that fed him.

" I dont think carl is the type of guy to place the blame to save his own self. He was being honest and the sport needs more of that alot more of it."

The team is currently preparing to field one entry into the series but says they are openly taking applications.

"We've got a lot of solid relationships and would be more than willing to find a teamate for carl and the 86 team right now were waiting on phone calls."

4. WayneD92

WayneD92 #DaleYeah

TEAM SMITH RACING FORMALLY ANNOUNCES TRUCK TEAM

Wayne Smith principal owner of Team Smith Racing formally announced the team's participation in the upcoming season for the SRD Truck Series. Smith was quoted as saying " I firmly believe this team will be competitive in our debut season, with firm backing from Chevrolet and our sponsors DeWalt & Stanley Tools we are set up to be successful this season." Team Smith Racing is also looking forward to the first race at Daytona as it is essentially the home race for driver Wayne Smith.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  5. jbraun57

jbraun57 The Stats Master SRD Social Media Guru

Braun to share with Asher?

Asked if he would be participating part-time in the truck series, Braun shrugged his shoulders. But now reports are filing in that he could share with team owner Dan Asher. More info on this later. (Jayski, 11-2-13)

6. Chevellion

Chevellion Well-Known Member

Any news on when this series is set to begin? Is there a deadline for the carfiles yet?

7. jgegner

It will probably be after Thanksgiving before this series gets started, but I need more people to sign up. As far as the deadline for the car files is concerned, I currently have four of the 42 trucks I need, so I am going to set Monday, December 9th as the deadline for the car files to be turned in. I'd like to have the first race sometime in mid-December.

Signups for the league will close on Friday, December 6, so if you haven't signed up yet, please do so now. If you have signed up, please post your completed truck in the appropriate thread.

EDIT: I have decided to extend the deadline for signups to the above date to give more people the opportunity to register for the league.

James

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Kunkel may be out of a ride?

News has broken today that Tim Kunkel may already be out of a ride after his truck team partner Gabriel Macena had been suspended by SRD Officials for actions detrimental to stock car racing. Because of rules stating that Kunkel cannot own his own truck, he may be out of a ride before the season even starts. Story will be updated as news breaks.
    UPDATE Kunkel is out of a ride HOWEVER, isn't out of a ride for long. Billy Nixon, driver in the SRD National Series has come forward and will split the 2014 Truck series schedule, similar to what had previously planned. Kunkel & Nixon will drive the 15 Traxxas/Home Depot Chevy Silverado in the campaign.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  9. Chevellion

Missimer Reveals Official 2014 Truck Scheme

[​IMG]

Fans were given their first look at the 68 Tournament F150 that will compete in half of the inaugural SRD Truck Series events this upcoming season. Missimer will be splitting the races run with rookie Jason Blanford, who will also compete for RotY honors in the 2014 NNS Series.

10. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 STUFFED FACEā„¢

James, I think you should start with the other two SRD Series IMO because it would give it more time for more people to get paints in.

11. jgegner

Do you think I should wait to start the league until the NNS and Cup league seasons start, because that would certainly give people plenty of time to sign up and get their trucks painted?

Let me know what you think.

James

12. BillyJack79

BillyJack79 20 Years of Sim Racing

Home Depot #15 Unveiled

Credit to Team Om3ga, BER, SRD, MasGrafx, Alan H., and Google. On-track render by Rogue.

(Sorry about the large image..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jbraun57

jbraun57 The Stats Master SRD Social Media Guru

Braun wants a part-time ride

Jackson Braun, driver in the #13 for Asher Racing in both the SRD Cup and NNS Series, wants to expand his repertoire to the SRD Truck Series. Asked why he is doing this, he replied: I want more experience. He just doesn't have a ride quite yet. He would like to drive for his team Asher Racing, but if anybody else were to step up to share a ride with him, he would definitely appreciate that.

14. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 ...

I'd like to have Jackson drive for my team, but I'll need James to clear this up first.

I'm a team owner in SRD Cup, NNS, and CWS (and Indycar if you count that still), but I don't drive in Cup or NNS, I just own the team. I'm a former driver in both series. Could I run full time in trucks, and have Jackson run with someone else in another truck part time? If so then Jackson will be on my team.

Either way, I'm still looking for drivers for my team so if you want to be a part of Asher Racing send me a PM.

15. SBJR7

SBJR7 Well-Known Member

Ballard Caught Testing for Upcoming Season
    Rookie truck driver Sam Ballard Jr. was caught strutting his new Motorola scheme out at Daytona Superspeedway, as the season is coming closer and closer. Ballard is excited to have both Motorola (A google based company) and SMS audio on his truck this year.

"I'm looking forward to this season, my 98 Tundra is as fast as it looks. It's almost as quick as my Motorola phone."

(Press release 12-1-13)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  16. Tim2488

Kunkel unveils scheme for 2014
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Rogue for the render!

1 person likes this.
  17. Chevellion

Nice truck Tim!

18. Tim2488

Give thanks to PhantomGuy24, he painted up the base for me while I just placed the logos :p

19. SBJR7

SBJR7 Well-Known Member

I agree, those 15 schemes are mighty pretty!

2 people like this.
  20. jgegner

Folks,

I know December 31 was supposed to be the final day to sign up for the CWS offline league, but I have decided in fairness to those who have not signed up yet, and since Kyle and Zack will be starting the SRD Cup and NNS offline leagues, respectively, in February 2014, to extend the signup deadline to Monday, February 3, 2014, to give everyone plenty of time to register and get their trucks painted. This means I will be starting the season at the same time as the Cup and NNS offline leagues start their seasons.

**NOTE**: The above date is the final time that it will be extended. If you are not signed up by Monday, February 3, 2014, you will NOT be allowed to participate in the league.

In addition, if you have signed up but not submitted a truck yet, the deadline to submit your car file will be the same as the signup deadline noted above.

I have also noticed the #68 Tournament Clothing truck is missing a matching pit crew. As per the league rules, your truck must have a matching pit crew. Please correct this as soon as possible. Thanks.

James

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    2 people like this.