1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD CWS Offline League Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by jgegner, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Reza Maulana unveils Fresh Precure tribute scheme, talks about 2019 expectations, and admits that a third team is "possible" after recent events

In an announcement held in RMR's HQ, Maulana unevils the Fresh Pretty Cure 10th Anniversary tribute scheme that he will run in the 2019 SRD SuperTruck Series after giving us a sneak peek on the scheme earlier this February when he unveiled the #98 Star☆Twinkle Silverado. The Indonesian said that the Star☆Twinkle scheme will run in 10 races while the Fresh scheme will take part in 6 races this season. Maulana also speaks over what he is hoping to see in the 2019 season.

"Frankly, last season I don't expect the Precure team to be that good. I came in with zero expectations and probably get a few top 15 finishes here and there, but to see us competing in the front in nearly all of the races, that's just amazing really. It feels like a complete 180 over my rather disappointing 2017 season. I would love to see the Precure team to take a step further and get top 5 finishes and hopefully a win or two after we came close to get ourselves the W last season.

I'm also glad to see RMR expanding this season with Cary Rogers in the #99 team. He has proven himself in the IndyCar Series, and I'm excited to see how he will perform in the world of stock car racing."

An interesting thought was also spoken by Maulana in the announcement.

"Also, I would like to point out that when we set our plans for this season, we didn't plan to field a third team. Yes, we're going to have a bunch of new sponsors brought by Rogers and we also had Toei Animation giving us a significant increase in budget after seeing our success last season, but we felt that if we're going to field a three-truck team, we might be going to over-expand and frankly, that's not something that I would do.

However, I admit that if, and this is a big if, if there's someone out there looking to run a Chevy this season, it's possible that you'll going to see a third RMR team after what happened in the last two weeks or so. We knew that Noah Joyce is selling the Joyce Racing Truck team assets to other Chevy teams as they're going withdrew from Trucks this season, and JMAG switching to Fords in addition to their restructuring meant that they're probably going to sell some of their Chevy trucks as well. Then the big news came from the Torres fiasco, which meant there will be even more assets on sale for Truck teams this season.

I don't know if there's any other Chevy Truck teams out there apart from us and Lintz that will compete this season, but considering that there'll be unemployed Joyce and Torres staffs, we can employ some of them to work here for the third RMR team. Getting some of the now-former Joyce, JMAG, and/or Torres assets would be a priority too if we want to field a third team. If there are interested parties that want to run a Chevy this season, you can DM me at @Reza Maulana to have a talk about it."

98b.jpg
    Fresh Paint Scheme Preview.jpg

Credits to Garrett (@garrett1127) for the render in the above pic

Disclaimer: I just realized that the bottom picture is made using the older version of the car. No major changes to the base between this one and the final build though, just made some additional bits to the sponsor decals

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    matheus357, MWick4 and BrendonH12 like this.
  2. hiarcracing

hiarcracing Well-Known Member

Josh Remington to make rookie campaign with JB2 Motorsports, will be driving #76 Ford
    In an announcement today at JB2's race shop, Remington announced his 2019 plans and expectations for his inaugural year in the SuperTrucks Series.

"I'm excited beyond words for this season. I've always wanted to try my hand at the truck series, and when an opportunity arose with JB2, everything just seemed to line up perfectly," Remington stated. "We're gonna be running a full-time schedule, and we're expecting to contend for some top 5s, grab a win or two. I'm really looking forward to it."

Sponsorship announcements and paint scheme unveilings will be scheduled at a later date.

3. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Alright guys, we're up to 21 confirmed entries. Last year we finished the season with 29 so I'd love to see some more of you get in here.

As for the flats, I'm looking at a mid to late March deadline with hopes of getting the first race going by the last week of March or the beginning of April. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

4. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

English Motorsports announces second driver
    Charlotte, NC- Truck series mainstay English Motorsports has officially confirmed Connor Root as the driver of it's second car for 2019. Root's arrival was made possible by longtime sponsor 'Dunder Mifflin', who has stepped up for all 17 races this season.

"It's great to be back" Root told PRN. "I'm really excited to be working with Saan (Anguish), he's been very successful as a driver and as a team owner in the past. Word around the garage has always been that English Motorsports is a top notch organization. Last year's title run solidified that notion, I think, for a lot of people."

MWick4 and Reza Maulana like this.
  5. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

BCA MOTORSPORTS RETURNS WITH SAME LINEUP FOR 2019 SEASON

BCA Motorsports team owner Ben Althen announced today that its fleet of Fords will return for the 2019 season with minimal changes. Althen will pilot the #55 Tonka Ford, with Mike Ehresman returning to the #92 and JR Franklin to the #95. The #92 truck will carry sponsorship from Supercuts, which is a change for this season after running the team with limited funding for the 2018 season. The #95 driven by Franklin retains its Simple Green sponsorship. "We are really looking forward to this season to see what we can do," stated Althen at the teams shop. "We have a bit more funding and experience and hope we can really make some overall gains. I struggled pretty bad and need to pick up my game."

MWick4 and Reza Maulana like this.
  6. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

BCA MOTORSPORTS UNVEILES 2019 SCHEMES

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

joeykraus19, Reza Maulana and MWick4 like this.
  7. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana Racing unveils the schemes that Cary Rogers (@dacinch8) will run in the 2019 SRD SuperTruck Series season

Scheme schedule is undetermined as of yet. Credits to @Rogue and @Carbine M1A1 for the renders.

Team Sonic Render.jpg
    Team Walmart Render.jpg
    Team Walmart Pickup Render.jpg
    Team Gigabyte Render.jpg
    Team Weezer Render.jpg

8. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

English Motorsports Second Team Undergoes Rebranding
    Charlotte, NC- What had been the #9 Dunder Mifflin Ford effort for English Motorsports has received a significant makeover upon an influx of sponsorship money from the well-known 'Autism Speaks' organization. The Ford team will now feature the number 19 and have 'Autism Speaks' and 'Spread the Word to End the Word' on the truck for all races this season. "Ok, now this is a cause I can get behind!" driver Connor Root told the media on Monday afternoon. "We hate to change up sponsorship abruptly, but a new deal came together and a fresh look was in order".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  9. Evolution9

Evolution9 Just Be Yourself Dont Care What Other Thinks!

Attached Files:

Reza Maulana, joeykraus19 and MWick4 like this.
  10. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

JB2 Motorsports and MF Motorsports looking for additional drivers.

Daytona Beach, FL - Jason Blanford of MB2 Motorsports made the announcement today needing a minimum of two drivers to fill seats within in JB2 and the satellite MFM. “We are really excited to bring aboard Josh Remington into the JB2 stable. I know that he will bring a level of excitement to shop and it will carry over to the track.”

Rookie Reporter: “What’s the story behind MFM?”

Jason Blanford: “You really are a rookie aren’t you?? Look, I’m not getting any younger and I have three sons that are really into this sport and may want to dive on in at some point. @matheus357 was a welcome addition to a team that technically was on the outs. I think he deserves a shot at ownership and figured I would help a little. Two things I learned in the Navy. 1.) Train your relief. 2.) The Chief is always right. Thank you everyone for coming. There are some complimentary LandSharks and Hurricanes in the lobby. Enjoy!!” <<<5 o’clock somewhere blasting in the background>>>

11. MWick4

OPP, Inc. Looking for Two Drivers for Shared Effort:
    Charlotte, NC - This evening OPP, Inc. announced that they were searching for a couple of drivers to team up with owner Matt Wichelman to run a shared effort in the #10 GameStop F-150 for the upcoming season.

"Being the series director I feel it would be unfair for me to run a full-time effort this season. Along with that we have done a lot of restructuring of OPP this year so I really need some time to focus on all of that. Ideally I'm looking to run at least Daytona and my hometrack of Richmond and I'll fill in whatever races our other driver(s) don't want."

Any interested parties are encouraged to reach out to Matt Wichelman via PM as soon as possible.

12. MWick4

So here’s the deal. While I’m not a big fan of advertising your stuff for a league you’re not apart of, that’s a different story. When I first set up the info thread I used the first good 2019 set of templates that I could find. Now that the season has started more people have started to put their own out. So, if you find a good 2019 truck template somewhere that resembles what you see on the track TODAY, that’s cool, go ahead and use it. For Rams I think we’re going to stay with what we have unless someone finds something that looks extremely similar.

All that being said, if you are going to use a different template than the set that I have originally chosen please PM me and get it approved. It’s better to get it approved early than to make your truck up and find out after you’ve posted it in the flats thread that it’s rejected. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

13. matheus357

matheus357 Clods rise up.

Matheus Fiorentini unveils 2019 paint schemes, talks about MF Motorsports
    Today, MF Motorsports owner Matheus Fiorentini, along with representatives from BWT, Ipiranga and Fitzgerald Glider Kits, unveiled the paint schemes that will adorn Fiorentini's new #73 Ford F-150 during the 2019 SRD SuperTruck Series in an event held at the Daytona International Speedway. Under rain, Fiorentini took the time to speak with the media about his expectations as a team owner:
    "To start off, I'd like to say that none of this would be possible without Jason Blanford's help. He gave me an opportunity to break into the SRD SuperTruck Series and I did my best to not disappoint him. As you know, our teams have a close alliance, which means that you'll see us helping each other on and off track. However, I believe we'll need some time to figure out those F-150s, since they're new to us. I really don't expect to haul ass from the get-go, we'll just keep doing our best and try to stay around where we were last season. This will be a new experience to me, and I hope it turns out to be a good one."
    Fiorentini also commented about the possibility of a second truck:
    "Right now, we don't have anything lined up for a second truck, but it's our goal to field at least two trucks come Daytona. Interested drivers can contact me if they desire to join the team."
    57059589_1_38975.jpg
    52878924_1_21817.jpg
    69384342_1_36221.jpg

Tetronix, MWick4, joeykraus19 and 3 others like this.
  14. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

DK MOTORSPORTS RETURNS IN 2019

DK Motorsports Team Owner Dakota Caudill had this to say: "I am happy to announce my team will be returning to the Truck Series but there will be some changes for my team moving forward. I will be running Chevy Silverados now instead of Toyota. I got a great offer of support from Chevy and it helps that the Silverados look pretty great! I will also be running the number 8 for my season. Sponsors to be determined. My current plan is to expand my team to either a 2 or 3 truck team!"

UPDATE: Fire Alarm Services will adorn my #8 Chevy Silverado. Currently in talks with another sponsor.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Reza Maulana and MWick4 like this.
  15. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

If there is anyone that is looking for a team, new to the series or not, I am expanding my team to a 3 Truck team. If your interested in joining let me know!

MWick4 likes this.
  16. Tyler Jennings

Tyler Jennings Well-Known Member

Newcomer Jennings Announces Intentions to Race in 2019 Season
    Newcomer Tyler Jennings, currently racing with Steven Merzlak Racing in the Offline IndyCar Series, has announced intentions to take a leap into stock car racing in the 2019 Trucks Season. Longtime backer Lowes Foods is expected to join the youngster on his jump to the Truck Series, if he finds a ride.

17. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

Lintz Motorsports welcomes DoorDash to the 87 team
    Officials from Lintz Motorsports and DoorDash announced today that they will adorn the sides of the #87 for an undisclosed amount of races in 2019. They will release a full schedule in the coming weeks. Below is the scheme release!
    70545663_1_12849 copy.jpg

18. Tyler Jennings

Tyler Jennings Well-Known Member

Jennings Secures Ride with Reza Maulana Racing
    After inquiries from numerous teams, youngster Tyler Jennings has announced that he has struck a deal with Reza Maulana Racing for the 2019 SRD Truck Series season, with Lowes Foods, the National Stuttering Association, and Vodafone joining the team as sponsors.

"I am extremely excited to take the next step forward in my career with Reza's team today," said Jennings. "I've watched him in the Offline IndyCar Series and he has immense talent, and when the opportunity came up, it was one I could not miss. It's great to Lowes Foods and the NSA backing me up as sponsors, as well as Vodafone hopping aboard for the season. I can't wait to get the season started."

Reza Maulana, BrendonH12 and MWick4 like this.
  19. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Harris Announces 2019 Sponsorship:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monte Carlo, Monaco - Even though he is technically on his offseason vacation, DJ Harris announced his return to what will be OPP, Inc. this year instead of Matt Wichelman Motorsports due to the teams merging. Harris has also provided us the sponsorship lineup for this upcoming season and also looks to change his number to 15, as he was the #14 last year.

In an effort to focus on their Cup Series sponsorship, Konica Minolta will not be returning to OPP in the Supertruck Series. JBL Audio will return to their secondary role, but the big news is that Heidelberg, the German printing product company will serve as the primary for 2019. Harris, who works on a Heidelberg lithographic press at his school, says that this is a perfect fit. Heidelberg has never sponsored an official SRD series driver before.

Harris hinted that the JBL scheme will more than likely be the same as what it was last year, but has said nothing about the Heidelberg truck.

(SRDN) (3/23/2019)

20. Reza Maulana

A statement from Reza Maulana on RMR's signing of Tyler Jennings

"I am excited to work with Jennings on his Truck Series debut this season. Jennings has shown himself a good potential to become a star in the SRD Leagues after competing with him in the IndyCar Series, so I am hoping that our partnership will be able to work out well. As what I've stated months ago, it would be a big if if I am going to field a third Truck team this season given the craziness in the off-season on the Chevy side of things have allowed us to open up that opportunity after pretty much not planning to do so, so I am excited to see the big if scenario actually worked out. I am hoping that me, Rogers, and Jennings will be capable of having a shot at the title this season."