1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD CWS Offline League Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by jgegner, Oct 27, 2013.

1. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

JJ Jordan looking to run Eldora Truck race
    While being interviewed after qualifying in the SRD Cup Series Daytona race JJ Jordan indicated that he wanted to try dirt racing. "I'm sure I'll be bad at it," he said, "but it would be a cool thing to try and hey, maybe I can even get a win there." While Jordan does not have a ride lined up currently, he suggested that he could pull the sponsorship together for one race and is seeking a ride for it.

2. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

SRD SuperTruck officials would welcome “one-off” racers

3. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

Lintz Motorsports has an open seat available..... and has sponsorship available to run it...

4. JeffJordan

Thank you for offering - but I already have a plan with a team, and the truck is being painted at the moment.

5. JeffJordan

JJ Jordan to run Eldora with MF Motorsports, Crown Lift Trucks will sponsor
    At a D.C.-area National Forklift Safety Day convention, JJ Jordan announced his plans for Eldora. He expressed interest recently and it didn't take long for him to find a ride with MF Motorsports. Jordan will pilot the #37 Crown Lift Trucks Ford F-150 as a companion to the MF #73. Crown Equipment Corporation is headquartered in nearby New Bremen, OH about half an hour from the race track. Jordan previously failed to advance past his heat in the SRD NNS Series at Eldora in 2017, but this time he's going to be disappointed with anything less than a win in the feature. "I know the point is to have fun, but I want to run every lap and compete and be a threat...and I know I'm gonna need some practice first." Jordan made a quick stop at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL to show off the car and run a few test laps.

[​IMG]

Jordan closed out his speech by thanking Matheus Fiorentini and all of MF's sponsors for being very supportive in getting this ride together. While he hasn't ruled out running other races, he indicated that he is focused on Eldora first and running his regular Cup schedule.

Jordan has been a Toyota driver for most of his career, but he doesn't mind driving a Ford.

6. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Cup Series driver “interested” in one-off Road Course races.

Nah, I don’t want to write a press release. Would love to run Canadian Tire and Montreal in a truck if possible

7. thedude1987

Lintz Motorsports has an open seat

8. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Hancock, BHR Announce Signing of DeCosta
    BHR Headquarters | Baton Rouge, LA
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only hours after SRD Cup Series veteran, Ryan DeCosta, declared his intentions of running the two road course events in the SRD SuperTruck Series, it was announced that he had signed on to drive for Brendon Hancock Racing (BHR). DeCosta, who has 3 top 10's in his previous 13 starts in the SRD SuperTruck Series, will pilot the #17 Dodge RAM with sponsorship from Trimino. "I'm glad to welcome a veteran presence like Ryan to BHR," said Hancock. "I'm also thrilled to welcome a new partner in Trimino to our already outstanding lineup of great partners!" BHR fields three trucks in the SRDSTS (#12 Hancock, #22 Gray, #69 Kraus) and this deal comes about as a result of a fairly new rule which allows owners who have reached the max limit of trucks to field a part-time truck for up to eight events. "I'm very glad that the SRD officials came up with this idea... with a little help, that is," said Hancock with a laugh. "We've been in talks with another driver about running some races to get his feet wet should he want to move up to the Truck Series next season, but for now, we're looking forward to having two great races with Ryan." The #17 RAM will hit the track shortly up in the great white north with DeCosta behind the wheel at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (SRDNews | 6/18/2019)

Tetronix, MWick4 and Reza Maulana like this.
  9. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

BHR Reveals DeCosta's Paint Scheme
    BHR Headquarters | Baton Rouge, LA
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brendon Hancock Racing announced on Tuesday that SRD Cup Series veteran, Ryan DeCosta, would pilot a fourth truck for the team for two events in the SRD SuperTruck Series this season. Today, the team revealed the paint scheme that DeCosta will run in those races. @Chowda17
    OIKZTdY.png
    The scheme was designed by Hancock's good friend and owner in the SRD Cup Series, DJ Harris. "DJ always does awesome work on designing these things," said Hancock. "We are glad to have Trimino on board the truck for Ryan and we're hoping for the best up north!" DeCosta described the scheme himself as being "super clean." The scheme will run at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, but that might not be the only time we see BHR's fourth truck on track this year. "Don't be surprised if you see that #17 truck back on track again, but with a little different look."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (SRDNews | 6/20/2019)

Huge thanks to @Tetronix for his awesome work on this truck!

10. thedude1987

Lintz Motorsports Announces Third Truck Program
    South Bend, IN -- Today officials at Lintz Motorsports announced that the pieces are available for a 3rd part time truck program within our organization. This truck is available to any driver eligible to run in the series. So far 2 races into its Rookie season, Lintz Motorsports has amassed 1 race win, 1 Top 5, 3 Top 10s, and 1 Stage win as well as showing Top 5 and Top 10 speed in both events of 2019.

Any interested parties should contact @thedude1987 . With the right situation, we'd be willing to expand into 3 Full Time trucks as we have partial sponsorship for the program.

11. thedude1987

Hey @Free Thinker I have an open seat if you want to bring the 66 over....!

JBlanford74 and BrendonH12 like this.
  12. racingkid39

racingkid39 The Quiet One Paint Crew

Wayne and Speed Demon Racing return to the SRD Truck Series, will run the remainder of the 2019 season
    After a two-year hiatus, Ryan Wayne and his Speed Demon Racing team will make their return to the SRD Truck Series. Ryan will run the remaining 14 races left on the 2019 schedule with sponsorship coming from Quizlet and Zeiss. Quizlet will sponsor 10 races, while Zeiss will cover the remaining races. Speed Demon Racing will stay with Toyota and Ryan will continue the pilot the #39 truck. "I look forward to returning to the SRD Truck Series" said Wayne. "After the loss of sponsorship from GoPro and Gillette, it was best for our team to regroup and recharge. Fortunately, Quizlet and Zeiss came on-board and we are ready to race some tough competition. Once this season is completed, our plan is to compete for the championship in 2020."

Pictures of the #39 Quizlet Toyota are shown below. An announcement of the Zeiss truck will be shown at a later date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  13. MWick4

Had a much busier weekend than I expected, gonna push Myrtle Beach to next Saturday when I know I’ll be free. As it stands it does appear the Playoff Amendment will pass and be added to the rule book.

Cutch22, Reza Maulana and BrendonH12 like this.
  14. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I would like to be a part of this league. It would be my first time in a community offline league of any kind, so if I am doing something wrong please let me know and I will do what I gotta do. As I understand the rules, I have to be picked up by an existing team (or at least, a team owner that has completed a full season, so if anyone wants to pick up a green rookie...), so I am announcing my candidacy I guess as a rookie. I realize its a little late in the season so I do not mind waiting until next season. Also, I will take whatever I can as a rookie so if that means a one-off deal or a part time deal, that is totally fine. I am also happy to paint the truck myself or at least help out with it if that is any incentive, and I do not mind making changes to whatever I paint at the Owner's request.
    Thank you for your consideration!

Reza Maulana and BrendonH12 like this.
  15. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

16. MWick4

Sounds good to me

17. MWick4

Alright guys, I was planning on running Belle Isle this weekend with practice and Q today and race on Saturday but we've run into an issue. When I set the schedule I was expecting a field size of 29 (what we had last year), possibly even less. That would be perfect because Belle Isle can only sustain a field of 29. Our issue is our entry list has grown up to 33 for this week, the most the series has ever seen, so Belle Isle is now going to have to be replaced. I tested the Charlotte ROVAL Beta but unfortunately the ai can't handle it in it's current form without wrecking every lap.

So, here's my plan moving forward: we take an off week this week, I find a suitable track, and we run it on Saturday night the 20th. I leave for vacation for a week on Saturday the 27th so my plan is to run Texas World probably around noon on that Friday the 26th. Vacation won't stop me from running Montreal. I'm bringing my laptop with me so I will have practice and qualifying posted on that Friday August 2nd. I'm coming home on the 3rd and will run the race on the 4th. Three races in a row, after that I'll probably take a week off before Eldora.

UPDATE: Read some posts on NR Track Designs page and made some changes to how I have the race set up, the Roval might be a viable option. I'm going to take the week and do more testing and maybe try one or two more tracks out.

Cutch22, Tetronix, matheus357 and 6 others like this.
  18. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Would love to try the ROVAL!

BrendonH12 likes this.
  19. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

If anyone has any open spots I’m looking for somewhere to go after IndyCar.

MWick4 likes this.
  20. Cutch22

Cutch22 That Pittsburgh Fan

Logistically speaking, Myrtle Beach - Charlotte does name sense.