1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Indycar 2012: Race 20 - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by DanAsher26, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member Admin

[​IMG]

After giving the teams a week to prepare...after a thrilling race at Road America...it all comes down to this. 9 drivers. 1 championship. A 4 way tie for the points lead. Who will rise above the rest, in what could possibly be the last SRD Indycar race?

Indianapolis is the 10th oval race of the season, the 20th race overall, and the last race of the season.

The qualifying format for this week's race at Indianapoilis isnt the same as the others, if you recall last season. There will be four rounds, and your time will be determined by a four-lap average.

Q1 - positions 25-33 will lock into the starting grid. The top 24 will move on to Q2.
    Q2 - locks in 16th-24th. The top 15 move to Q3.
    Q3 - locks in 7th-15th. The top 6 move to Q4.
    Q4 - the fastest six move to the final qualifying session to determine the pole, and the remaining starting positions.

Race Info
    -Race 20 of 20
    -SRD Indianapolis 300
    -Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, IN
    -2.5 mile, rectangular oval. Turns banked 9 degrees, with no bankings on the straightaways
    -120 laps / 300 miles

Weekend Schedule
    -Thursday: Practice 1, Qualifying round 1
    -Friday: Practice 2, Qualifying round 2 & 3
    -Saturday: Qualifying, Pole day
    -Sunday: SRD Indianapolis 300

Champsionship Race
    Roger Sandri, T-1st - The task is simple. Finish better than Asher, Clabaugh, and Missimer. While Sandri's weakness is Ovals, last years race at Indy proved that it doesnt matter if you're a road racer...you can win.

Kyle Missimer, T-1st - He's been in this situation before. What happened? He won the race, wont the championship...can he do it again?

Daniel Asher T-1st -If last years Indy race accounts to anything for this season, Asher may have the advantage. He dominated last season, before contact with Danilo dos Santos ended his day in a massive pileup. Not to mention...home track advantage. 10 races ago, people were handing Asher the championship as he had built up a huge 40 point lead on everyone else...things quickly changed, a long sting of bad luck sent Asher into recovery mode, now he has the chance to pull it off.

Tyler Clabaugh T-1st - He always seems to be in the middle of the hunt, right there at the end, but most of the time...he falls short. He looks to turn that around this time, and seal the deal.

Jay Lopez T-5th, -11 - While the 2013 season may not happen, one thing for sure is that this will be Lopez's last race...he'll either go out on top of the world, or go out hanging his head. 11 points behind doesn't seem like too much of a gap to make up, and if anyone can do it, it's Jay.

Mike Oppenheimer T-5th, -11 - A driver many consider to be the dark horse favorite for the championship, Mike Oppenheimer has used any means necessary to move himself into championship contention...however, looking back at the beginning of the season, multiple races lost in the last few laps...we could have been looking at the guy who had the championship locked up by now.

Pedro Sousa 7th, -19 - Sousa has been one of the most consistent drivers in Indycar this year, but with no wins to back it up...and a few bad races down the stretch...Sousa finds himself with a 19 point gap between him and championship glory. If Sousa can put together one more solid effort, and maybe even the win, he has a great shot at winning the championship.

Orian Thompson 8th, -28 - Orian proved he was a contender in the championship when he won at Milano. However, he finds himself in 8th, 28 points back, in a situation that seems nearly impossible to come out on top of...he'll need all the luck in the world, and a win on Sunday, to be crowned champion.

Mike Lewon 9th, -39 - Mike is pretty much all but eliminated from the championship hunt. Unless he wins, and everyone from 8th on up wrecks out, there's no hope for the #00 team.

Keys to the Race
    -Patience, no mistakes, and the right setup.

-That's it. Indy is, pure and simple, a place where you may have the car to beat, but you may more often than not beat yourself. You need to be patient. It is a 300 mile, 120 lap race. You don't win it in the first corener, you don't even win it in the first 100 laps...but you can sure lose the race in that span. Patience, be smart, keep the car out of trouble, and no mistakes on pit road.

-With two practices and four qualifying sessions, there is potential for a ton of track time prior to the race. You need to nail the setup to win here. Yes, there are chances to improve during the race, but you need to get ahead of everyone else when you can, and get it right before the green flag drops, if you want to stand in victory lane, drink the milk, and kiss the bricks.

-Perfection. To win at Indianapolis, you need perfection. No mistakes, and a bit of luck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I'm hoping for a good run, and a way to help either Tyler or Mike win the Championship. That's it.

3. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

@RCole25 - looking forward to watching future teammates win. just too bad i cant race bc of a butthurt owner. ah well. oh & congrats to pres obama on getting 4 more yrs #smackdown #pikachu2016

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 I'm buying it.

@JTowns At Indy hope for a good finish. #2013herewecome #TownsforHomepage #Towns2016

5. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

"Last Indy race. It's bittersweet. I feel closure on a chapter in my life, but at the same time, this is a series I've loved. Hopefully we can go out with a championship. Or in an amazing wreck, either way, I'm going out in style!"

6. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

Roger Sandri: "No predictions, just go out and take care of business. That's all we can do, and hope a few other guys get too caught up in worrying about things and screw up. It's just another race, and if we do what we know we can do the points will take care of themselves."

7. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

"Who won this race last year...? That's right. This guy. Gotta say though...the fight is a lot tighter this time around. I'll be keeping my eyes glued to the 10 though...of all the guys we're fighting this weekend, he's the one I'm most worried about."

8. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

BK#71: "Well this week is really kind of bitter sweet for us. We obviously are not in the championship fight after a very difficult season and this is our final race as an organization here in Indy cars. The only way I can think to make it all so good is go out here with our 3 cars and sweep the podium."

9. ShorTrakRacer

ShorTrakRacer Racecar Spelled Backward Is Racecar

Keith Batson: "Wellllll...This season obviously didn't go the way we wanted it to. We all had decent runs at different points in the year but overall, Cody had the best season. This our last chance to have a good showing as a team and to go out strong. Hopefully, one of us can go out in winning style."

10. DanAsher26

As promised, this is going to be a full weekend. Broadcast, screenshots, awards (and awards logos), and, if I can get Fraps to work, maybe a little highlight video.

"It's nice to be back here. It's really nice in Indiana this time of year...not too hot, not too cold. Some people find it crazy, but I'd much rather win here than win a championship...this week we have the chance to do both. I'm putting the field on notice...if anyone wrecks me, you WILL regret it."

11. Nick Lathan

Nick Lathan Well-Known Member

Nick Dawson:"We didn't have a good season. Might as well try to finish on a good note..."

12. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

"Regardless of what happens this weekend, I am so proud of this team. To go from not being an operation to having 2 cars fighting for the title in a little over a year is amazing. I hope Tyler can pull this off for all these guys, he's got a great shot here at Indy. We really shot ourselves in the foot with the engine failures early and unfortunately I think its made my gap a little too large to win it myself. I hope the team and I showed that with this comeback, we are a force in this series and save a few mechanical failures, we would be champion right now. The points loss from Daytona alone was 38...unbelievable."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. Pabig

Pabig Well-Known Member

I will go out there and try my best to win the biggest race of the season. Also, knowing I am only 1 point behind John Hooper in the ROTY standings I will fight for the rookie title!

1 person likes this.
  14. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

TJC51: "A great season, we could be leading or not right now if we didn't lose the first two races we had a shot at. I cannot thank Mike, owner of this awesome team, enough for giving me, John, and even himself great cars. Never in a million years did I think I was going to ever have a shot at an open wheel championship. I wish the best of luck to Dan, Kyle, and Rog, I know them all very well and it's an honor to be racing against them for the championship. Pirelli has been great to us, and getting to know some of their reps is awesome. I have goosebumps man, like I've said all season. It's put up or shut up, and I'm ready to put all I have up."

15. DanAsher26

A lot of the road guys coming out of the gate early...while some of the oval guys struggle.

Session: Practice

P # DRIVER TIME
    1 89 J Hooper, Sr. 42.025
    2 51 T Clabaugh 42.064
    3 10 D Asher 42.212
    4 34 J Zumwalt 42.240
    5 32 R Sandri 42.277
    6 28 P Herbig 42.282
    7 68 K Missimer 42.291
    8 15 T Kunkel 42.299
    9 99 M Oppenheimer 42.301
    10 9 O Thompson 42.329
    11 4 C Everett 42.353
    12 38 K Batson 42.362
    13 98 J Keel 42.365
    14 14 J Towns 42.366
    15 11 P Sousa 42.377
    16 24 W Slates 42.392
    17 47 B Gorman 42.405
    18 25 J Gamboa 42.406
    19 21 A Tander 42.408
    20 60 S English 42.419
    21 00 M Lewon 42.420
    22 71 B Kerr 42.438
    23 2 B Milioti 42.443
    24 20 C Davis 42.452
    25 44 J Jordan 42.452
    26 82 D dos Santos 42.456
    27 91 J Lopez 42.459
    28 36 T Newitt 42.461
    29 73 A Kane 42.472
    30 67 A Walz 42.493
    31 81 J Warth 42.521
    32 39 N Dawson 42.576
    33 48 C Llamas 42.579

16. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

TJC51: "Can we say bad fast? John somehow topped us, but it's all good. All Opp Inc. cars in the top 10. Really confident right now."

17. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

We were a bit free going into one and three and a smidge tight coming out of two, and especially four. Tyler, Mike and I have compared notes. Tyler and I had almost the same setup, it came down to driving style, where I was a bit earlier off the gas coming off the straightaways. I think it's going to be a long weekend, but a nice one. We've got to get ready for qualifying, and then zip over to IRP for "Q" there as well.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  18. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

Roger Sandri: "These Hondas are bad fast so far, hope it's a sign of things to come for the rest of the weekend."

19. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

lolwesuck.

20. ShorTrakRacer

ShorTrakRacer Racecar Spelled Backward Is Racecar

Keith Batson: "We had a decent run, in 12th. Nick and Cody's cars were OUT TO LUNCH!!!
    My engineer is going to check their set ups and see if we can improve them for qualifying."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.