12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 2 - New Hampshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxTeam48LowesXx

Jimmie Johnson Fan
SRD Member
Reaction score
@CLlamas48 - "Starting 21st is decent enough start I would say... I hope we can stay out of the accidents and maybe come out of this first oval race with a top 15 finish.. Hoping this race to not be a wreckfest since its kinda small.. Glad to also see my KAB Racing Enterprises teammate starting 2nd as well! #LetsDoThis "

Racecarboy93

SRD Member
Reaction score
#5 Joe Towianski "Well looks like our car is better in warmer conditions, but the graphics guys doesn't seem to like it being my name was spelled wrong...... *laughs* this car is hooked up around this track and can't wait for the race"

BillyJack79

20+ Years of Sim Racing
SRD Member
Reaction score
@BN#79: "Moving in the right direction, got the speed and handle right. Hope we can keep up with the oval guys. #SRDIndycar"

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Whoops, lol. Still learning the names. If anyone else spots a typo don't be afraid to point it out.

Darren Ingram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Darren Ingram- "Well, we suck. We're just gonna take it easy and avoid the wrecks and try to salvage a top 20. I'm just counting the days until the next roadie."

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last name is Farrell. Lol.

Bobby Farrell - "Well 24th is not where we wanted to start this race. We were able to pick up a little bit of speed compared to the leaders. So there is some good news for the weekend. Starting this far back I am just hoping we are able to avoid any wrecks that may happen. I would be happy if we were able to walk out of here with a decent finish."

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
@CraigoIndy41 - Qualified p8 today for @SRDIndycars race at New Hampshire! Really happy with where the car is! I have a #goodfeeling for the race!

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Zoom - "We got this baby dialed in for qualifying. Feels good to be up front and I think we have a good shot at finishing up front for the race. Also would like to point out that FPR has the field covered with the pole (beginning), 17th (middle), and 33rd (end). Guess that means wherever you look Monday, chances are a FPR car will be in the shot."

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Slaughter: "A Top 10 for starting is fine by me! Track position is gonna be a big key to winning this race, you heard it here first!"

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bobby Farrell - "We had the day off from on track activites here at the SRD Indycar Series. We brought out the showcar over to the souvneir hauler today. We thought it would be a good way to hang out with the fans and sign some autographs. The win last week really helped us to gain some fans."

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Sandri: "The car is surprisingly good considering that we're only turning left, so I'm encouraged to see how things shake out in the race. Maybe if we can keep being one of the top road warriors on ovals we can finally bring that championship trophy home."

bsoyuz

"GAAAAA" - Darrell Waltrip, everyday
SRD Member
Reaction score
Macena - "Starting in the rear, again, if people wreck and have massive amounts of brainfade, we can bring home a top 15."

Mcc457

SRD Member
Reaction score
@JordanDemis: Starting in the back, ovals are not my strong suit at all

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ready for the race today. I have a good feeling we might have something for these boys today.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NEW HAMPSHIRE 150 PRE-RACE SHOW

Welcome to New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire for tonights running of the New Hampshire 150. This is the second race of the SRD Indycar season, and the first oval race of the season. Last week at Daytona, Bobby Farrell surprised the field by winning the SRD Grand PRix of Daytona, holding off Mike Oppenehimer in the closing laps.

Last year, Danilo dos Santos held off a hard charging Jared Warth to win this race, while in 2011, Mike Lewon won the event. Neither Santos, Lewon, nor Warth are racing this year, so expect a brand new winner on the track today. The track hasn't been known for having a lot of wrecks, and has had clean races. Expect the same for this race.

Jeremy Zumwalt is on the pole for this event, and is the 2011 Oval Champion. However, a rough 2012 has him looking to rebound in a big way this season. He considered hanging the helmet up, but came back and finished 10th at Daytona, which was a huge result for the team. Can he bring home the win today?

Another driver you always have to keep an eye out for on the ovals is Daniel Asher. The defending SRD Indycar Oval...and Series...Champion has always been a contender at the ovals. He start's 10th with only 2 total laps on the track this weekend, can he pull it off? Also, keep your eye on drivers such as John Hooper, Sr., Orian Thompson, and Ryan Cole. They're experienced drivers who have drove the track before...expect them to be up there at some point.

KEYS TO THE RACE
-Find the lane your car works best in. Track position isn't huge at this track, but if you can't find a lane your car will work good in, passing won't be easy for you. The outside line works well at this track, and if your car works well there, passing you won't be easy.

-Don't wait to make your move. The race is a short 150 laps, and will only last a little more than an hour. If you wait to make your move you're not going to have time to work your way through the field. If you see a chance to pass, take the chance...or settle for where ever you're at.

-Pit crews will play a huge part in this race, having clean pit stops will play a huge factor in your finishing position. The odds of green flat pit stops are pretty good, with the races usually being very clean and having long green flag runs. The put crews will have a lot of pressure on them today.

The green flag is set to fly at 7 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Craigo - "Can't wait to start the race today! We may start 8th but we've got the car dialed in to do well, and maybe even possibly win this race!"

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
@zweb95: Had a lot of fun practicing that @AsherRacing #1 for teammate and friend @DanAsher26. The #95 @RedBull machine isn't that bad either for it being an oval race. We'll try to pick forward from 15th. #SRDIndyCar

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@VictoryLaneEnterprises-It's RACE DAY! We are ready to roll in 3 hours @NHMS with 3 bad fast Indy Cars. Gonna be a great race, make sure you tune in to SRDN! #srdindycar

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
@RCole25 - "It's race day, time to shine on the first oval of the year. Cole Motorsports is going to the top."

Status
Not open for further replies.