12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 2 - New Hampshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 131: 20 to go.

Lap 133: Orian Thompson cracks the top 10 with that pass on Joe Towianski.

Lap 135: Jacob Craigo continues to lose ground, getting passed by Sean English for 6th and John Hooper for 7th.

Lap 136: Brendan Gorman passes Joe Towianski...the 5 car just doesn't have the speed it had earlier in the race anymore.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 138: Curtis James and Orian Thompson moved past Jacob Craigo now, taking 8th and 9th.

Lap 140: Keith Batson uses the slower car of Towianski as a pick to get around Jackson Braun...and then both Batson and Braun pass the 5. Move Batson up to 12th.

Lap 141: 10 to go.

Lap 143: Sean English takes 5th from Shane Lennox. Too little too late for English, he's running the fastest laps of anyone right now.

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Slaughter: "Holy hell this is fun! Should have popped some pain killers before the race, though... my arm is hurtin' badly."

CC: "You get a Top 3, I'll liquor you up so you won't feel it no more!"

Spotter: "Worst... idea... ever... I'll buy the first round."

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 145: Daniel Asher has finally cleared Kyle Slaughter for 3rd place, but the gap to 2nd place Blanford is too big to make up.

Lap 147: TROUBLE! Jacob Craigo had been dropping down the running order, and Keith Batson didn't want to get held up, so he drove hard into turn 3 and...whoops. Didn't turn in quick enough. Craigo goes into the wall, but was able to recover quickly and only fall to 17th...caution is out.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I missed this a little bit ago, but Jerry Towns contact with the wall finally caught up with him, as he has retired due to suspension failure. He'll finish 33rd.

Darren Ingram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ingram- "Alright, let's get a top 20 guys."
CC- "10-4, let's go get as many as we can get.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 150: This race isn't going back green.

Pace car leads the field off turn 4, JEREMY ZUMWALT WINS AT NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Full field rundown as they cross the line:
Zumwalt
Blanford
Asher
Slaughter
English
Lennox
Hooper
Thompson
Gorman
James
Braun
Batson
Macena
Towianski
Cole
Jordan
Craigo
Hawkins
Kunkel
Demis
Mahoney
Curtain
Ingram
Llamas
Farrell
Missimer
Nixon
Webster
Sandri
Oppenheimer
McDonnell
Peavy

Towns - OUT

Full results, standings, and recap will be posted tomorrow.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@VictoryLaneEnterprises-Good race for #VLE. Kyle has an awesome run in P4, Brendan has an impressive charge late to take P9 and Ant battles his way to P22. Good work by the pit crews, the 47 had one slow stop but it was to make adjustments and it paid off. #srdindycar

jbraun57

My Name Is Human
SRD Member
Reaction score
JB#33: 11th. I'll take it.

Also.

1,000 posts. Did I ever think I'd get here when I was a noob back 2.5 years ago? Heck nah! Now I feel like a contributing member to the community. I know the game really well and continue to learn it's nooks and crannies.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@AsherRacing: "Race at @NHMS is in the books. @DanAsher26 P3, @jbraun1357 P11, @zweb95 P28. Zumwalt is your winner. #SRDIndycar #NH150"

Darren Ingram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Darren Ingram- "P23 here today. We didn't have the best of weekends, and I thought we were in for a worse race than we had. Proud of these guys for fighting for me at tracks where I suck. Gonna move on and try to improve for a top 15 at the next oval."

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
"Zoom Zoom P1. At least something positive came out of today!"

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
zweb95: That. Sucked. We had a decent car in practice, don't know what the hell happened from there. Ready to be on a track with more than 4 turns already.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Zoom - "Yeah boys, awesome job! What a way to start the season!"

CC - "Great job buddy, hell of a drive!"

Zoom - "Thank you guys, great work in the pits. Let's go celebrate!"

@Target: Boom confetti! Zumwalt wins in New Hampshire! #SorryLowes #Target #FPR #Zoom #SRDIndyCar #Eneos

Reporter - "Here he is climbing out of the car, Jeremy how does it feel to be standing here?"

Zoom - "Oh you know it's amazing. After winning the pole I knew we had a great shot to win. The car was off at the start but the guys behind me got the car working for me on that pit stop and here we are."

Reporter - "This track is a flat 1 mile oval, do you think this will help you when you travel to your hometrack at Gateway."

Zoom - "Well I hope it does. I know me as well as my crew want to win Gateway really badly so we'll be sure to look over the setups at similar tracks and see if the stars align."

Reporter - "Do you think this team is capable of winning more races and even a championship at the end of the year?"

Zoom - "It's way too early to tell right now but I know we are going to keep working hard and hopefully get the other 2 FPR cars in victory lane this year. I have to give a shout out to Target and Eneos for helping out this 21 team this year and I know they will be pleased with this run as well as the rest of our supporters and the fans for letting us do what we do."

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Craigo - "I had hoped to at least hang on to at least a top 15 late in that last run, but then the :censored: 38 car had to :censored: turn me with 4 to go....."

JBlanford74

FFGFYG
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reporter: We've caught up with second place finisher Jason Blanford. The car looked good today at the first oval course of the #SRDINDY. Could you have beaten Zumwalt at the end?

@jason.blanford#58: We might have had something there at the end. But hey you know people get reckless, caution comes out and takes a good finish from the fans. The Hess Ford was excellent today, could not have asked for anything more except maybe a G-W-C. (Laughing). Zumwalt ran real good there at the end and I had a lot of fun racing against him. Not to worry, I see more ovals in our future. #LETSGOOVALRACINGBOYS

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Sandri: "Well, I'll get to sleep in my own bed at home tonight before heading off to the next race, so I guess that's a plus. I may have been too cautious out there, but with how aggressive a few drivers were I thought that was a better course of action. Finishing in the bottom 20's is better than 33rd."

bsoyuz

"GAAAAA" - Darrell Waltrip, everyday
SRD Member
Reaction score
Gabriel Macena: "We did what we should've done, drive fast, work our way through the field with the cautions and pit stops. Sucks that Craigo couldn't finish as far as he could but 'that's racing, where dumb luck and tiny errors can screw up the day'."

zaw24fan, if you watched the FARC at Lake Afton you know where this is from :)

Mcc457

SRD Member
Reaction score
JordanDemis: Baaaaaarely made it into the top 20, thus car us very bad at these ovals, picked up on it at Daytona, felt like it was pulling right sometimes. I want to thank Haas Chevrolet for getting me there without any problems

AntCurtain

SRD Member
Reaction score
Anthony Curtain: Although our finish wasn't great (22nd), I am very proud of this team. This car really was a pain to figure out. At the beginning of the race, it seemed like we had gotten it to where it needed to be, but when J.J. Jordan bumped me, it really messed up something. We tried to fix it on pit road, but we weren't able to fix it the first round of pit stops. During the second round of pit stops, though, my crew figured something out and my Asics Chevy was very fast after that. Its a shame there wasn't many laps in the race, because if there were, we may have been able to scrape out a top 15 finish. This really sheds some light on the oval races coming up for a team whose specialty is road courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.