Latest resources

2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset BryceO84
2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset for the Gen6BR_cts mod.
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - BRIS1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - DAR1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - PHO1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 3 - Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 115: Tim Kunkel has been dealing with Keith Batson since the restart, and FINALLY clears him for 3rd place.

Lap 116: 10 to go! Brendan Gorman makes a daring pass in the middle of Towns and Lennox, and will move from 7th to 5th!

Lap 117: Tim Kunkel catches Kyle Slaughter, and the 98 lets the 15 by with no issues. It looks to be a 3 man race for the win unless someone else can get up there in the next few laps, but Batson doesnt have the speed right now and he's P4.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 118: Brendan Gorman almost junked it right there, his car almost snapped around. He'll lose 5th to Shane Lennox and 6th to Jerry Towns. Timothy McDonnell is making some noise, he just took 8th from Zack Webster.

Lap 119: If anyone is going to have a chance at catching the top 3, it's gonna be Lennox. He has the fastest car in the field right now...but time is not on his side, and he has Batson and Slaughter to pass still.

Lap 120: Josh Hawkins loses a lap. He'll also slow up Slaughter...Batson and Lennox clear, and suddenly theres a freight train on the inside line. Towns, McDonnell, Hooper, they all get held up and are being freight trained right now.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 121: 5 to go!

Lap 122: Tim Kunkel wants 2nd! He's to the inside of Zumwalt, but Zumwalt uses the momentum off the high line to pull ahead...AND PULLS RIGHT ALONGSIDE JORDAN FOR THE LEAD!

Lap 123: It's Jordan at the line, but Zumwalt is right there! Side by side into turn 1, Batson and Lennox have joined the battle! Side by side off turn 2, Batson got loose and lost touch with the pack...as has Lennox. That was short lived, but Lennox takes 4th.

Lap 124: 2 laps to go! They're STILL side by side! Kunkel makes it 3 WIDE FOR THE LEAD! OFF TURN 2, LENNOX IS THERE ALSO! Turn 3...KUNKEL IS LOOSE, HE CLIPS ZUMWALT! That just killed everyones momentum...

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Lap 125: White flag for JJ Jordan! He's got a half second lead over Zumwalt after Kunkel clipped him, Zumwalt tries to close....but to no avail.

JJ JORDAN WINS AT MICHIGAN!

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Full field rundown at the line
Jordan
Zumwalt
Kunkel
Lennox
Batson
Missimer
Gorman
Blanford
Webster
Braun
Peavy
Cole
McDonnell
Hooper, Sr.
Towns
Llamas
James
Sandri
Ingram
Curtain
Hawkins -1 lap
Nixon -2 laps
Slaughter -3 laps
Asher - Disqualified
Macena - Pits
English - OUT
Craigo - OUT
Towianski - OUT
Farrell -39 laps
Oppenheimer - Pits
Thompson -66 laps
Demis - OUT
Mahoney - OUT

Full race recap will be posted later.

Last edited:

zaw24fan

SRD National Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
95CC: "P9, buddy. Great work. Ole JJ got the checkered flag."

Webster: "Yes! 10-4 guys, great work. Finally got a decent finish for this team, and it's at an oval! We'll get them at the next road course race. Way to fight all day, boys.

Darren Ingram

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Darren Ingram-"We ended up 19th today. Not where I wanted to be especially running in the top five and top ten for much of the race. The handling just went away, and we got screwed by that caution. All in all, we got better, and we'll move on to the next race."

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@VictoryLaneEnterprises-47 team brings it home P7, 97 team's strategy backfires and they fall to P20, and 98 team has mechanical issues and a long pit stop, dropping them to P23. All 3 were running top 9 at one point. Decent afternoon. #srdindycar

Hendrick4life

319 Wins | 16 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Curtis J™ - "I had faith in you bud, you kinda failed me on the stragety today....7 freaken teenth. Gotta be kidding me."

72CC - "Hold your head up man, we win together and lose together"

Curtis J™ - "Problem is we have no wins."

72Spot - "Bring her back around to the trailer, lets simmer down on the radio boys."

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
CC#25 - "12th. Good job."

RC - "What? You sure I wasn't higher??"

CC#25 - "Yea. That crash completely killed out strategy."

RC - "Speaking of which, who caused that?"

CC#25 - "Um...You don't want to know."

RC - "Yes I do, tell me."

CC#25 - "...Josh..."

RC - "WHAT?!?!? WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?"

CC#25 - "He cut down on the car below him in a frenzy to pit. Sent two cars flying into the catchfence."

RC - "...Get him in the team hauler after the race. I need to have a discussion with him."

CC#25 - "10-4"

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reporter: "We've caught up with Daniel Asher, Dan, what happened out there today?"

Asher: "Well first off, we had a great Coca-Cola Asher-Honda Autosport Honda today. The car was great, we lead a bunch of laps, I felt we had the car to beat there at the end. It goes to show the great work that the team put into it, and the result is very disappointing and leaves a sour taste in every member of this team's mouth. They deserve better than the crap that was pulled today."

Reporter: "What happened that propted the black flag and the eventual disqualification?"

Asher: "I still have no idea. The officials wouldn't tell me anything. It took all I had not to hit them upside the head with my damn helmet. No one even told me I was given the black flag, I didn't see the flagman wave a black flag, I have no idea what happened, my crew chief Lance told me the officials were talking and boom. Disqualified."

Reporter: "How do you feel about the officiating in today's race?"

Asher: "You're seriously gonna ask me that? *laughs* It's f***ing pathetic. I did absolutely nothing and get disqualified, yet Josh Hawkins blatantly causes a wreck that results in a car flipping into the catchfence, and he get's nothing. That's absolute bulls*** right there, and we got screwed. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. It could easily be celebrating a win today, but instead I'm gonna be spending my night hunting down an explanation as to what I did to get parked, and if I don't like the explanation I get...well, I won't go there. But congratulations to JJ Jordan. Great guy, and it's awesome to see him win."

Reporter: "That's a very frustrated Daniel Asher, back up to the booth."

Last edited:

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Reporter: "And we're here with the crew chief of the #41 machine piloted by Jacob Craigo. Now, what happened out there?"

#41CC: "I don't know. I guess some dumb :censored: cut down right in front of a small pack, and caused several car to slide into the wall, and my driver to go flipping into the fence. He's been transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No word on his condition yet. But he said he was hurting pretty bad when he first spoke to us right after the wreck. That usually isn't a good sign, especially with the speeds we have had all race long here."

Reporter: "Alright, thank you for talking with us."

jbraun57

My Name Is Human
SRD Member
Reaction score
#33JB: well we salvaged a Top 10 out of that one boys. Hadta take the risk.

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Slaughter: "23rd is not where we should have finished today, and everyone knows that. We had a race winning ride today and mechanical issues prevented that from happening. Not mad, just extremely disappointed. Got to give a hand to my crew for fixing it and getting me positions on the track that we need if we want to win the title."

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
JJ JORDAN NOTCHES CAREER WIN #2; BECOMES ONLY 2ND DRIVER TO WIN ON AN OVAL AND ROAD COURSE

Rain may have pushed the race back to Monday, but the excitement was well worth the wait. The green flag flew a little after 5 PM EST, and Shane Lennox started on pole, but the driver that lead the most laps was Daniel Asher. Asher, JJ Jordan, Curtis James, John Hooper, Sr., and Kyle Slaughter all lead big chunks of laps today, but in the end, it was JJ Jordan raising the trophy. Jeremy Zumwalt and Tim Kunkel rounded out the podium. JJ Jordan joined Kyle Missimer as the only drivers in SRD Indycar to win on both an oval and a road course.

With the draft playing such a huge factor, that introduced the dangers of pack racing...and it claimed it's fair share of victims today, but the most notable was the wreck on lap 95 when Josh Hawkins pulled what is perhaps the stupidest move in SRD Indycar history, cutting across 3 lanes of traffic, wrecking Joe Towianski, and sending Jacob Craigo into the catchfence...and almost Sean English also. Jacob Craigo was transported to a local hospital for farther evaluation.

The other big story line out of this race was the disqualification of Daniel Asher. It appears that Asher did nothing to prompt being black flagged, and eventually disqualified, but the officials parked him. He had arguable the best car in the field, and lead the most laps in the race beforehand, and it raises questions about the officiating in the league when Hawkins was not penalized for his actions on track just laps before.

Race Statistics/Awards:
Pole Winner: Shane Lennox - 32.116 seconds
Front Runner: Daniel Asher - 31 laps lead
Met the Challenge: Brendan Peavy - 18 positions improved
Headache of the Race: Orian Thompson - 24 places dropped
Caution Summary: 3 cautions for 16 laps
Lead Changes/Leaders: 8 lead changes among 8 drivers
Race Time: 1 hour, 34 minutes, 51 seconds

Full Results/Points
JJ Jordan hold off a furious charge from Zumwalt, Kunkel, and Lennox, Batson gets a solid top 5.

Jeremy Zumwalt opens up a commanding 37 point lead over JJ Jordan in points.

Ford Performance Racing continues to lead the Team Standings, Curtis James holds on to the Rookie of the Year lead, and Chevrolet extends their points lead in the Manufacturer standings.

That's a wrap from Brooklyn, Michigan! Congrats to JJ Jordan and the #16 team, and see you next week at Gateway!

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@AsherRacing: "Checkered flag at Michigan. @zweb95 P9, @jbraun1357 P10, @DanAsher26 P24. Great runs today, just bad officiating. #SRDIndycar #PureMichigan150"

BillyJack79

20+ Years of Sim Racing
SRD Member
Reaction score
@BN#79: "Not the day we were looking for @StreetSide. 3 trashed cars and a banged up driver, hope Craigo's OK. #SRDIndycar"

XxTeam48LowesXx

Jimmie Johnson Fan
SRD Member
Reaction score
@CLlamas48 - "We had a shot until that caution and just didn't have the racing luck on our side. Overall we ran very well for being a road course team and I'm very proud of the team for stepping it up from last week. Great result for the whole team as well which is always a positive! I hope everyone is alright after those scary crashes and we will be ready for another oval next week! #SRDIndycar #PureMichigan150"

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here's the first update on the Oval Championship standings. How the standings will work this year goes as such...1st - 10, 2nd - 9, 3rd - 8, etc. Only the top 10 drivers in a race get points. All drivers are eligible for the championship. This applies to all three championships; Oval, Road Course, International.

These will be added to every race recap from now on.

Oval Championship Points Standings:
1st - #21 Zumwalt - 19 pts
2nd - #58 Blanford - 12 pts
3rd - #7 Lennox - 12 pts
4th - #16 Jordan - 10 pts
5th - #1 Asher - 8 pts
6th - #15 Kunkel - 8 pts
7th - #98 Slaughter - 7 pts
8th - #60 English - 6 pts
9th - #38 Batson - 6 pts
10th - #47 Gorman - 6 pts
11th - #68 Missimer - 5 pts